Any ways to scientifically prove the occult?

I may be a crazy, unwise nut job, but I know that to prove anything to the scientific community, one needs evidence. Overwhelming claims (like the supernatural) require overwhelming evidence

Anubis Key

I may be a crazy, unwise nut job, but I know that to prove anything to the scientific community, one needs evidence. Overwhelming claims (like the supernatural) require overwhelming evidence

You might be too sane for this forum. ;)

In my view, an occultist has nothing to prove to the mammalian scientific community. Why fight group-think and expose one's self to the ridicule of fools who belie their own intelligence with every word that comes out of their smug, sneering mouths?

An occultist understands the power of keeping one's mouth shut and letting the results speak for themselves.

cyclespiral

Well yes, there are. There have been tests of tarot cards using statistical psychology. One study of tarot in this way was done at the ANU, Australian National University, The abstract can be got. I don't know how to get the actual paper unless someone is a registered psychologist; then tools like psychlit become usable.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I search for potential ways to prove repeatedly that occult is real. Thanks

I think the only way would be to experiment yourself. Anything occult related seems to be very personal. And I also feel you have to be a bit more specific, like what area of the occult are you wishing to prove? Magick? Afterlife? And then do a search online and see if there has been any research done, or check if there are any books on the topic.

cyclespiral

The most notable attempt to prove an aspect of the occult - astrology -was the work of the French psychologist

Michel Gauquelin.​

He wrote a boatload of books with birth date data/astrology data that he attempted to connect to professions. Yes, believe it or not, I did read one of his books cover to cover a long time ago. I always joke that I will never speak to anyone else who has read any of his books! He wasn't sure what he had found, if anything. His final chapter was titled "can there be a conclusion?" because he was not sure what all his statistics really meant. Sometimes on TV I see both astrologers and Skeptics refer to his books. I know when they have not read it! Or are cherry picking it! I find that funny! They get away with it! But not if I were the TV interviewer!

p.s He took his own life? I didn't know that! That is tragic.

Wind7

Staff

Never a truer statement has been said.

When I was doing my thing as an investigations person of the paranormal,
I was lucky to have found a person whom was of the scientific community who
was extremely interested in the paranormal.

He took almost all of my photos and negatives of Spirit Manifestations,
took them to the photo labs at the University of MN and had them basically
"Throw the Book" at the evidences I provided by utilizing the latest tech (Early 2000's).

A few were lens flare and just dust.

The ones that couldn't be "Debunked by Science" I never saw again,
I was paid for them...But, I never knew what happened to them or why they were kept.

I still have 2 of them, Taken with a polaroid.

The man's name was Robert Wilson.
I have no idea if he's still around...He'd be in his late 70s early 80's if so. (??)

He was an Interesting fellow whom was straight to the point, no bs.

I asked him once why he was interested in Spirit photography or just the Paranormal
being a Science guy.

He told me a heart wrenching story about his sister whom claimed to have been
visited by the spirit of their (then) recently deceased mother whom told her
things about him that he'd never divulged to anyone BUT HIS MOTHER.
There was absolutely no other way she could have ever known.

The expression on his face when telling me all this, was one of frustration.
I really wanted to help this guy so, right then and there, I decided to help him achieve his
task by providing as much as I could as far as evidence.

My home was a hotbed at the time for paranormal occurrences Inc. Friends, Room mates
and some of their extended families. And even my Ex.

All were eventually interviewed.
I eventually involved several outsiders (Investigation Groups).

One of the groups had their equipment 'attacked' during the main investigation.
Every one of their batteries were being drained immediately, right in front of us.
2 Laptops were very nearly fried as well, setting up a thing they called a MAPS.

I asked for a legal non-disclosure to the public and got it.
So, my photos.. my home or it's location
..Or of the paranormal activity therein and whom were all involved,
were all kept confidential.

I regret that now because I have very few physical items (evidences) left but in the cold light of day,
I had to do it this way because I believed in what my Navaho friend and roommate's Medicine / Shaman
told me, directly.

"To portray a spirit to men is to betray their trust...You may anger them and never again know peace."

I believed that then....Just as much as I believe it now.
This is all I can really say about it, it was true.
I contacted all the right people.

Looking back now in 2022,
It was all pretty mind blowing........Saying the very least.

(edited--I forgot about the legalities involved)

Last edited:

Beholder

You prove that the occult is real with logical explanations of how mana flows through your crystals. Sceptics laugh at you without reading it. Then someone steals it, gives it more science sounding names with added math formulas and win a Nobel price for the same discovery, claiming that science won over the occult by finding a logical explanation.

We proved the occult many times, but each time science gets the credit to prevent fake psychics from getting rich, even in cases where it remains unexplained, like the man with the magnetic head, who could attract ceramics somehow.

If someone tells me that ghosts don't exist, they don't know the meaning of neither ghosts nor existence. Both science and religion say that ghosts are essence without existence, so it doesn't matter if ghosts live in god's brain or your own, for each consciousness hosted in a brain are equally real and equally capable of feeling emotions. The consciousness is the most real thing, because nothing physical would matter if nobody was there to see it. I sometimes talk to my lower brain and feel his reply through shared emotions "Thanks for looking after me in times of need", :giggle: Makes him happy like a little dog.

Art

Occult can be everythink , the main definition of the occultism is that must be totally rejected by science. So free energy, space travel by magnetism , teleportation in others worlds, levitation, communication with spirits etc is occult. Science want a world that give reason to science. It is why science is not the reality.

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
Occult can be everythink , the main definition of the occultism is that must be totally rejected by science. So free energy, space travel by magnetism , teleportation in others worlds, levitation, communication with spirits etc is occult. Science want a world that give reason to science. It is why science is not the reality.
Well maybe not in that definition Hermetic Occultism covers some of it. With 'Hermeticism is a set of philosophical and religious beliefs based primarily upon the writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus'

And there's some other definitions for sure.

Science has a hard head about it they want to see something and sometimes theres is no visible but does that mean .....................