Are you a Prepper?

Samstwitch

Hi TnWatchdog, I didn't buy the rocket stove at a store. An older man makes them and sells them off of Craigslist. He's got it down to a fine art. I shopped around for a year and his is the best I've seen. Here's the link: Rocket Stoves - Helping you survive a worst-case scenario

I live in a country area and there's plenty of critters around. My new traps will be perfect for catching them. The Ammo shortage is serious, so we may not have bullets to hunt with. Traps are good as an alternative.

I don't think wearing a raincoat or holding an umbrella will attract food, but that's just my opinion. :D

Justinian

I like the link on the bomb shelters. I read an article a while back that most townships won't allow them, so the builders always apply for a permit to build a swimming pool. They come in during the weekend and dig the hole so your neighbors see it, and then during the week when the neighbors are at work, they put the unit in the ground, bury it, and then file a new report with the township stating the ground was the right quality to put a pool in so they cancelled the build and filled the hole back in.

BlastTyrant

i have been reading one of the new things to do is use old School Buses, weld up the windows and bury them Connect doors to doors to create many little rooms, i think it would just be cool to have as kind of a get away personally. my own underground fort lol

Octavusprime

i have been reading one of the new things to do is use old School Buses, weld up the windows and bury them Connect doors to doors to create many little rooms, i think it would just be cool to have as kind of a get away personally. my own underground fort lol

Agreed. I've heard that shipping containers are not good shelters unless you reinforce the structure considerably. I've heard that old school buses are a much better option due to better reinforcement.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Have you ever heard of the Ark Two Shelter?
The Ark Two Shelter is the world's largest privately constructed nuclear fallout shelter.Built over the last decades by Bruce Beach, in the village of Horning's Mills (north of Toronto, Ontario), the 10,000 square foot shelter is composed of 42 school buses, which were buried underground as patterns for concrete that was then poured over to provide the main structure, onto which up to fourteen feet of earth were piled to provide fallout protection.
Ark Two Shelter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty neat if you ask me. Here's an article and a picture:
7706432.bin

How to prepare for doomsday, whether or not it occurs next Friday

TnWatchdog

Have you ever heard of the Ark Two Shelter?
I keep thinking that the cost of concrete they plan to pour on top would be doomsday enough. When the guy gets the final costs for everything he will have a heart attack and won't be needing the shelter. I think it would be neat to have three buried buses for a man cave!

Justinian

Wow.. This is spectacular.. They must not have building codes in Canada eh? :p But really, I mean I'm not sure how tall a bus is, but to dig a hole that deep, and then concrete on top, and then 14 feet of dirt on top of that.. thats a really big hole dug over a really big area.

BlastTyrant

i can't imagine the amount of welding and cutting that went into that! i wonder if he boarded the windows cause the weight of the concrete you would think would crush the buses