Are you a Prepper?

TimeTravel_00

Actually a horse or bicycle would do best. There will be no gasoline, kind of like deciding whether to buy a generator or solar panels. This stuff is a no-brainer when you think in terms of supply lines ending.

walt willis

I agree, and that is why we have six horses and a solar powered system, diesel tractor (old style) and I grew up on a farm house built in 1684 with no electric or running water. It won't be easy living without my hot tub working, but we will survive.

BlastTyrant

Actually a horse or bicycle would do best. There will be no gasoline, kind of like deciding whether to buy a generator or solar panels. This stuff is a no-brainer when you think in terms of supply lines ending.
I believe Tractor Supply CO. still has a Home Solar powered System comes with 2 batterys and a panel enough to keep a few electronics going for 6-7 hours.

walt willis

Air, Water, Food, Shelter, Communication, Transportation and good useful reading material like The SAS Survival Handbook will be necessary. A gas mask and tyvek painter's suit and a place to wash away fallout dust from your body before re-entering your shelter would also help. The video of best place to live is wrong because of 90% of the people live near the coast and will drown if the Ocean waters reach 100 feet above sea level. ( How long can you tred water). A well made 36ft sailboat well off shore would self clean the fallout and be able to ride out a very large wave if the mast were down and tied well. They just roll over and self right after the wave passes. You may want to secure everything inside too. Noah knows best.

Octavusprime

If you want some power for hauling gear, hunting, etc. Buy an electric golf cart. Given an adequate solar system, one could keep a battery or two charged for all your off-roading needs.

Bonus is they are practically silent. Nothing attracts company like a 2 stroke in power ban!