Arrival

The_Ruffneck

Learning new things is one thing, learning an entire language to the level you are using in 2 1/2 months is another.

Without knowing what the potion was I'd say that i have tried ayahuasca 5-6 times and it was a purely mental journey for me.For a medicine to take you physically through time seems hard.Must have been some portal or alien intervention if it was to happen.

alpha centauri

Hello nice to meet you all. My name is Jorvik Hjarnson. I had something extraordinary happen to me that led to finding this place, something nobody who I’ve talked to has believed. I am a time traveler, from the past.

I arrived on October 14, 2020. It was sudden, to say the least. Before arriving in this time, I lived in a settlement in Vinland, or as it is now known, Newfoundland. It is hard to be exact, but with help I’ve estimated the time I came here from at around 1007.
Hi Jorvik. The time was, before Columbus discovered America. So what ethnicity were you? And who are those people that settled there? Are they Scandinavian or English? Are you a Viking or are you a Native American?

The last thing I remember before waking up in a new body in this time, I had been with a Native American shaman, who fed me a strange concoction and sent me off into the forest.
Maybe he manipulated you into thinking you were from the past. Could that be? Hypnotists can do that. And after that, you could have lost your memory and thought the fake memory is your real memory. maybe he was something like that.

Can you describe the Native American? Maybe we can track him, if he lives in our time and made some vodoo or hynotist´s stuff with you.

And can you tell us more about the concoction? What did it smell like and taste like? What did the shaman tell you about it? And why do you drink something, about which you do not know, what it does?

I have sworn oaths that I cannot fulfill here.
Why not? What are those oaths? Maybe we can help you to fulffill it, you never know. And why did you swear those oaths?

Welcome. Your first mistake was using colloquial English. I would have expected something from 1000 years in the distant past. Nice try though. It appears you're the first fake time traveler to be fluent with his grammar.
Maybe he can give us a taste of his language. @WeebdeeW

Last edited:

WeebdeeW

Learning new things is one thing, learning an entire language to the level you are using in 2 1/2 months is another.

Without knowing what the potion was I'd say that i have tried ayahuasca 5-6 times and it was a purely mental journey for me.For a medicine to take you physically through time seems hard.Must have been some portal or alien intervention if it was to happen.

The internet has a lot of helpful tools for translation and grammar.

I am not even sure what I was given. I could not speak their language.

A portal, isn’t that like a doorway? I think that would have brought my body here as well, not just my mind.

WeebdeeW

Hi Jorvik. The time was, before Columbus discovered America. So what ethnicity were you? And who are those people that settled there? Are they Scandinavian or English? Are you a Viking or are you a Native American?

Maybe he manipulated you into thinking you were from the past. Could that be? Hypnotists can do that. And after that, you could have lost your memory and thought the fake memory is your real memory. maybe he was something like that.

Can you describe the Native American? Maybe we can track him, if he lives in our time and made some vodoo or hynotist´s stuff with you.

And can you tell us more about the concoction? What did it smell like and taste like? What did the shaman tell you about it? And why do you drink something, about which you do not know, what it does?

Why not? What are those oaths? Maybe we can help you to fulffill it, you never know. And why did you swear those oaths?

Maybe he can give us a taste of his language. @WeebdeeW

Yes I am Viking. The settlement was created by Leif Erikson. Most of us were Norwegian. We were promoting Christianity at the time and so we had a few Saxon priests with us.

I saw the shaman over 1,000 years ago. Not in modern times. He has returned to the earth and is with his gods.

The concoction I was given smelled awful. It was very strong, with a bit of sourness to it. It tasted even worse, but was more bitter than sour. It was green with a reddish-brown tint.

The shaman probably told me a lot of things about it, but nothing I understood. I drank it because it appeared to have been given to me as act of goodwill. I could sense no hostility from him.

I swore an oath to Leif that I would remain in Vinland to help defend the settlements there until his return. At the time of my leaving, tensions were high and the peace fragile.

I swore to my son that I would return to Norway before he reached his 16th winter to be a part of his coming of age.

I can do neither of those things from here.

Góðan daginn vinir. Ég fórnaði kú í morgun svo ég gæti snúið aftur heim ef guðirnir vildu það. Skál! Megi guðirnir sýna mér hylli þeirra.

alpha centauri

Yes I am Viking. The settlement was created by Leif Erikson. Most of us were Norwegian. We were promoting Christianity at the time and so we had a few Saxon priests with us.
And the Saxon spoke what?
I saw the shaman over 1,000 years ago. Not in modern times. He has returned to the earth and is with his gods.
I just thought, that could be some magical illusion he put on you. But maybe not.

He has returned to the earth and is with his gods.
That sounds good. May he rest in peace.

The concoction I was given smelled awful. It was very strong, with a bit of sourness to it. It tasted even worse, but was more bitter than sour. It was green with a reddish-brown tint.

The shaman probably told me a lot of things about it, but nothing I understood. I drank it because it appeared to have been given to me as act of goodwill. I could sense no hostility from him.
You have to ask Native Americans, what that is. I have no clue.

I swore an oath to Leif that I would remain in Vinland to help defend the settlements there until his return. At the time of my leaving, tensions were high and the peace fragile.
They all died most probably, because there is no recorded history of them. So if you return, you will most probably die, too.

Góðan daginn vinir. Ég fórnaði kú í morgun svo ég gæti snúið aftur heim ef guðirnir vildu það. Skál! Megi guðirnir sýna mér hylli þeirra.
That is Icelandic. But I let it count. Some words sound like a bad German dialect. I did not realise that before.

Like the other Scandinavian languages modern Icelandic is descended from Old Norse, the language spoken by the Vikings. Unlike the other Scandinavian languages, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Faeroese, Icelandic has changed very little. Modern Icelanders can read the medieval manuscripts with little difficulty.
source: What did Old Norse sound like?

translation:

"Good morning friends. I sacrificed a cow this morning so I could return home if the gods wanted it. Cheers! May the gods show me their favor."

I dont understand. You sacrificed a cow to the Gods? Which Gods? Those of the Native Americans? Because you should believe in only one God in Christianity.

What was your education back then? Did you learn to write Old Norse?

Last edited:

WeebdeeW

And the Saxon spoke what?

I just thought, that could be some magical illusion he put on you. But maybe not.

That sounds good. May he rest in peace.

You have to ask Native Americans, what that is. I have no clue.

They all died most probably, because there is no recorded history of them. So if you return, you will most probably die, too.

That is Icelandic. But I let it count. Some words sound like a bad German dialect. I did not realise that before.

source: What did Old Norse sound like?

translation:

"Good morning friends. I sacrificed a cow this morning so I could return home if the gods wanted it. Cheers! May the gods show me their favor."

I dont understand. You sacrificed a cow to the Gods? Which Gods? Those of the Native Americans? Because you should believe in only one God in Christianity.

What was your education back then? Did you learn to write Old Norse?

They spoke Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and we taught them our language.

Perhaps, but I am sure that is not the case.

I will certainly be speaking with a Native American shaman when able.

There is recorded history about us, though fairly little. Remnants of Vinland have been uncovered, checking what happened to the settlements there is one of the first things I did here.

Perhaps, but if I am to die, then I would do so with honor and with my brothers and sisters in arms. Not here, alone and without honor.

It is Icelandic now, yes.

I made a sacrifice to Odin, Freya and Thor. Perhaps I should make a sacrifice to Loki as well, as this could be his doing.

Christianity was becoming dominant, but I never stopped believing in the true gods. Some thought perhaps the Christ God and Odin could be the same, but I am not so sure.

I read very little in my youth. I was a farmer in Norway before joining with Erik Thorvaldsson in Greenland, and then followed Leif Erikson to Vinland many years later. I did not learn to write, as I spent my time tending to my lands and going on seasonal raids.

alpha centauri

They spoke Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and we taught them our language.
Errare humanum est. So they dont seem to be successful in missionizing.
There is recorded history about us, though fairly little. Remnants of Vinland have been uncovered, checking what happened to the settlements there is one of the first things I did here.

Perhaps, but if I am to die, then I would do so with honor and with my brothers and sisters in arms.
What is good for you and your brothers and sisters is called an invasion by those Native Americans, I think.

Not here, alone and without honor.
You are not alone, you have paranormalis.(y) The most honorable thing in the multiverses is to be a member here.:cool:

I made a sacrifice to Odin, Freya and Thor. Perhaps I should make a sacrifice to Loki as well, as this could be his doing.
I dont think that they want an animal sacrifice. I think that is animal cruelty for the Gods and they remain hidden. A cow is also sacred sympbol in India.

Loki is the bad one. Dont sacrifice or pray to him. Loki could be responsible for this, yes, but he is evil so you cannot trust him.

Christianity was becoming dominant, but I never stopped believing in the true gods. Some thought perhaps the Christ God and Odin could be the same, but I am not so sure.
They are the true Gods :unsure:. I always thought there is only one God. But maybe.

They could be the same. I am unsure, too. Odin doesnt seem very powerful to me. I think Jesus has more powers according to what I know about those two.

I read very little in my youth. I was a farmer in Norway before joining with Erik Thorvaldsson in Greenland, and then followed Leif Erikson to Vinland many years later. I did not learn to write, as I spent my time tending to my lands and going on seasonal raids.
I was saying it, because the words of your Icelandic, you write, seem to be without flaws. When did you learn to write? In the time you are here?
And the letters, you use, are not the letter you have on the English keyboard.

So what did the guy do, whose body you are occupying? Do you think he willingly give you his body? Or where is he now? His soul? Or do you think he is in the past with them, wherever you were?

Maybe you should contact a HDR user on this site.

Last edited:

WeebdeeW

Errare humanum est. So they dont seem to be successful in missionizing.

What is good for you and your brothers and sisters is called an invasion by those Native Americans, I think.

You are not alone, you have paranormalis.(y) The most honorable thing in the multiverses is to be a member here.:cool:

I dont think that they want an animal sacrifice. I think that is animal cruelty for the Gods and they remain hidden. A cow is also sacred sympbol in India.

Loki is the bad one. Dont sacrifice or pray to him. Loki could be responsible for this, yes, but he is evil so you cannot trust him.

They are the true Gods :unsure:. I always thought there is only one God. But maybe.

They could be the same. I am unsure, too. Odin doesnt seem very powerful to me. I think Jesus has more powers according to what I know about those two.

I was saying it, because the words of your Icelandic, you write, seem to be without flaws. When did you learn to write? In the time you are here?
And the letters, you use, are not the letter you have on the English keyboard.

So what did the guy do, whose body you are occupying? Do you think he willingly give you his body? Or where is he now? His soul? Or do you think he is in the past with them, wherever you were?

Maybe you should contact a HDR user on this site.

We did not invade or attack the Native Americans. We settled the land in peace and established trade with them, at first. But it did not last but a few years before starting to crumble.

Animal sacrifice is a regular part of my culture. I understand things are not done like that anymore, but they are the traditions of my people.

Loki is closer to evil than not. But at heart he is a trickster. I can only hope that receiving a sacrifice may satisfy him enough to send me back, if he did send me here.

Odin is far more powerful than Jesus. Perhaps, though, it is better to say they have different kinds of power altogether.

Yes, I learned to write here. Technology is quite amazing though, and helped me learn. I use a digital keyboard with no such limits.

He was an early education teacher. I cannot say anything about his will for certain, but I imagine he was as unwilling about this situation as I am. Again I am not sure. I know as much as you do as far as what happened to the true mind of this body.

I thought that may be possible, but I have seen some users say they have had mental issues after using it. It would be the final thing I attempt to return to my time.