Ask a Time Traveler anything

themanwithn0name

hmmm....okkk.

I have another question...if the body you were in happened to die like in an accident what happens to your "essence"?
Does it go back to your original body or do you just die here?
same with the other guy what if an accident happens on the moon what happens between you two? are you forever stuck here
or do they just find another body for you to go back into in the future?

if someone is being transfered here in this time and we were to observe them and they were not asleep what would we notice about
the person? what would we see going on with them if we were right in the middle of talking with them? also when they come back here would
we observe the same thing about them or is it different?

is there any kind of quirks we can look for to recognize someone who has been transfered and are not actually themselves?

how old are you? and is the body you are in younger or older?

There is a reason we select genetic kin when possible... so we have a high probability of people not dying (familial knowledge and all that). Also thankfully the Internet exists still... so we are able to have good odds of avoiding those kinds of problem.

As for the later scenario its never happened. We have some safety protocols I imagine we could use. Thats a sort of scenario I never worry to much about.

And no you probably wouldn't notice it.

I am of a comparable age (its another excellent criterion to prevent difficulties)

PamelaM

There is a reason we select genetic kin when possible... so we have a high probability of people not dying (familial knowledge and all that). Also thankfully the Internet exists still... so we are able to have good odds of avoiding those kinds of problem.

As for the later scenario its never happened. We have some safety protocols I imagine we could use. Thats a sort of scenario I never worry to much about.

And no you probably wouldn't notice it.

I am of a comparable age (its another excellent criterion to prevent difficulties)

ahh...but you did not answer my question. you are not God so you cannot know the possible outcomes of ever situation you find yourself in
you being here is going to change this guys future because you will NOT do everything EXACTLY the same. being a little early or late for
something such as being on this internet when he wouldnt be could be enough to cause you to get into an accident you cannot deny that.
you could walk across the street thinking of something written on here and not be paying attention and wack a car hits you and you die.
what I am asking is were you told what would happen to you if this sort of thing happens?
also I was kind of wondering do you wander when you sleep in his body?

themanwithn0name

ahh...but you did not answer my question. you are not God so you cannot know the possible outcomes of ever situation you find yourself in
you being here is going to change this guys future because you will NOT do everything EXACTLY the same. being a little early or late for
something such as being on this internet when he wouldnt be could be enough to cause you to get into an accident you cannot deny that.
you could walk across the street thinking of something written on here and not be paying attention and wack a car hits you and you die.
what I am asking is were you told what would happen to you if this sort of thing happens?
also I was kind of wondering do you wander when you sleep in his body?

But we can know

because these things have already happened. That's the beauty of it, Its all already happened to me.

And the time differential as I mentioned is not something the human brain can actually percieve

PamelaM

But we can know

because these things have already happened. That's the beauty of it, Its all already happened to me.

And the time differential as I mentioned is not something the human brain can actually percieve

ok...perhaps you better explain further because I am not understanding it.

PamelaM

also since you claim to know everything did you know I was going to ask you questions?

whats the next question I am going to ask you?

PamelaM

Things like when people die are fairly easy. So when we know when some one dies we know jumping in won't kill them

you do realize when you jump into someone and do things different from what he would do the results are not going to be the same. ??

Is this your first jump?

themanwithn0name

you do realize when you jump into someone and do things different from what he would do the results are not going to be the same. ??

Is this your first jump?
If it would lead to different results :p then we would have been able to see before we took such an action.

And no: This is my second. My first one was research for my Doctoral thesis. This one is for a text book I am working on