Ask a Time Traveler anything.

AGJackson

10) First off, thank you so much for offering, but I had to decline because of the circumstances that come with traveling (landing naked somewhere) and simply because I just didn't feel like it. I feel horrible for forgetting to type out my reply and I hope you didn't wait there for too long. Please forgive me for my indiscretion and I agree with PaulaJedi, your questions were excellent.

What do you mean you 'had' to decline, you talk as if the time has passed and you therefore didn't make the meeting. You could have agreed to meet there and just put it on your 'to do list'. Then at any point in your life you could travel back to those times and meet him. So either you won't or can't as those times have passed and I am assuming due to TheCreator's lack of reply you didn't meet him.

AGJackson

Bit of a paradox question, but if you decide that in 1 minute you are going to travel back in time 30 seconds and meet yourself and then get both of you to go back 20 more seconds and meet another one of you so there are 3...what would happen if you then didn't travel back at all.

Can you try it and let me know.

TimeFlipper

The consensus of opinion on Paranormalis is everytime you go back in time you create a new time line, then when you go back to where you started from, that too has slightly changed...Therefore you could never meet 2 of yourselfs from different time lines..I suppose that stops the paradox happening? :confused::D

TheCreator

Bit of a paradox question, but if you decide that in 1 minute you are going to travel back in time 30 seconds and meet yourself and then get both of you to go back 20 more seconds and meet another one of you so there are 3...what would happen if you then didn't travel back at all.

Can you try it and let me know.
I don't think it would work that way. Thinking requires a certain amount of time, and he must maintain a level of concentration, which also takes time.

That aside, this thought experiment is flawed. Assuming a single timeline for the sake of argument, you #1 goes back and see's you #2 (Not U2, because no one wants to see U2). Because #2 is also #1, #2 can't go back WITH #1 because #2 must go back solo to be the #1 to #2. And the source event would actually be #1 appearing to #2 before #2 even went back the first time. There would never be a situation in which #1 could go back and visit #2 before #2 leaves without #2 first seeing #1.

"The trash can. Remember, the trash can."
- Ted Theodore Logan

Croattoan27

Not pretending, nor am I here to get attention. If that's what you feel is the case and are bothered by it, I can cease the participation of this topic and never speak of my life again. I am not here to cause anger, I have seen enough of that already.

I'm not angry.
My mistake.
Your time is so sparsely inhabited that you have been close enough to the Almighty to consider stabbing him with a knife?? Or is travel around the world difficult and therefore your Almighty is basically like your town mayor?
My brother was being executed and my family was to be present with the crowd of nobles, which is still a large crowd, but much more closer to The Almighty.

Psychologically speaking, talking out your issues to alleviate anxiety is only useful if the person/people listening believe what you've been through. It's like the boy who cried wolf. As long as no one believes you, no one is going to care about your problems or your supposed future. That's why I asked you to prove yourself.

So here's what I will do for you. I will entertain your claim of being a time traveler for now. I will ask questions and help you through whatever therapy you feel you need to alleviate your anxiety. Here's a few to start.

1) List the individual years you have been to from 1880 through 2011 and your duration of stay each time. Location is irrelevant.
2) Have you ever committed a crime? (Asking again because your previous answer wasn't sufficient)
3) Why did you choose 2011? Why not 2010 or 2012?
4) How did you get a hold of the serum?
I suppose you are right. I should thank you for being so considerate about this. Don't do this because you feel you have to though, I don't want to be a burden. I just wanted to tell my life and answer questions people might have. I expected these proof tests and also expected skepticism and I still encourage it.

1)
1891 7 Days
1901 13 Days
1911 20 Days
1925 17 Days
1942 50 Days
1955 13 Days
1968 50 Days
1969 3 Days
1988 10 Days
1999 1 Day
2000 1 Day
2009 Can't quite remember but I am pretty sure it was about a whole year.
2) Stole bread from a monk back in, I think, 1200's. Never got caught.
3) I wanted it within the range of 2009-2013, couldn't decide, and chose the middle.
4) It was injected in me on the Day of Ascension.

DTAC

What do you estimate is the age of the earth, and have you met the first humans? Do humans colonize other planets and when? Are scientists able to bring back extinct animals in the future and which ones? How long does Wal-Mart stay in business and is there another retailer that becomes the largest?

Last edited: