Ask away

TheSadGoat

Ask away

Originally posted by Trinux
... if I were to tell you for how long a certain member of the white house will overstay his presidency or about the soon to be earthquake that will hit America

... America does get hit by an earthquake soon.? That should come as no surprise, since anyone with the proper tools could be able to tell that something is brewing, particularly if they lived on the east coast.?

... the War Against Terror does not have the two ?chieftains? under as much control as they lead you to believe.

We do have networks that actually do not show the ?varn? that your networks show.? Instead, they show a lot more positively-geared reality shows that are not filled with as much sex and eating as yours are.? Our network television shows resemble something more like your 1970's game shows.

Hi Michael,

I have a few questions...

What year are you from?
Which President overstays his term and why?
Of what magnitude is the coming earthquake?
Where does the earthquake strike? Which coast, you mentioned the East, is it a part of the "ring of fire"?
What are the causes of the earthquake?
What kind of damaga does the earthquake inflict?
Are other counties, like Canada or Mexico, affected by the earthquake?
How long does the war last for?
Is there a U.S. civil war approaching?
The future still has a reality-show trend on network television?
There's still network television in the future?

Trinux

Ask away

With the amount of questions I am receiving, I have decided to restructure my responses to question and answer format. It will invaluably help me in the future, because it should reduce doubling up and multiple postings.

What is the government like in the future?

After the war, the slate of the constitution is almost completely wiped clean, new amendments replace the twentieth century's girth, and many old amendments are reborn. The senate reclaims its old powers and then some. In the future, the senate is looked upon as the powerful branch of the government, like how congress is considered in your time, but just a bit more so.

A certain controlling, ?security? branch of the government is eliminated, and replaced with a less restrictive, still centralized branch. People are granted their old civil liberties, and public displays are not as taboo.

States are granted many more freedoms. People have a sense of control, instead of being a member on some never-solving merry-go-round. Instead of people having ?barroom? discussions about politics, people are much more open about their views, and public conversation is geared more towards politics.

What are the presidential elections like?

Public elections are all digitalized, and we no longer have the guess and check system that is so prevalent now. We are able to receive the results ?instantly?, and we do not have recounts or petty bickering over the results. Even in the future, people are still discussing the 2000 presidential elections and it is known as the "faulted-old election system".

The republican and democratic parties are still alive and well, as are many independent parties. The republican and democratic parties are still the dominant parties, but it's not unheard of for independents to be in office in traditional conservative and liberal strongholds.

Our presidential elections have similar breakdowns as your 1836 elections, in which the country is divided into regions. Except, of course, with each candidate belonging to a member of their own, unique party.

What year are you from?

My homeline was in the year 2026 when I left. The conflict was still fresh in many people lives, but because of the children, it was more or less on the back burner. Through our youth, we were able to see the prosperity of tomorrow and the greatness of our people's future.

What does ?spratered? mean and what is its origin?

?Spratered? is when a man and a woman appear to be in love, and their words seem to dance around one another's, without their words really meaning anything, while their love is taking form. I don't know if you have a similar word in your vocabulary, but ?spratered? is a word that is used quite often in my time.

Unfortunately, I did not bring a dictionary from my homeline with me, so I am unable to look up the origin of the word.

Are relationships in the future different?

Monogamy becomes a much more popular ?concept? in the future. In the future, people are more inclined to stay together and stay true with one another. We do not have as many ?weekend divorces?. Many old divorcees claim that, because of the conflict, they have been reborn, and now ?see the light? in terms of love and marriage, and the seriousness of it.

What is the household structure like?

After the war, an emphasis is placed on the home. Women return to being keepers of the house and educators of our youth, and men continue to be the breadwinners. For most women, the most important things in their lives are raising their children. Homeschool is virtually eliminated, because mothers are invited to teach in the classrooms.

I hope this helps everyone better understand the time from which I come. Through these discussions, I am learning about what interests your worldline has about the future.

Yours truly,

Michael

PyRo99

Ask away

Okay Trinux, or Minux whatever your names are jesus I'm even havin' a hard time figuin' this out let alone your friggin' story.

I've never seen something with so many holes in it, besides my brothers "smoking Hoodie", suckers got so many holes in it. Anyways, you are acclaiming to be a TimeTraveler, from the year 2026.

Let the games begin, And since I haven't given myself a proper introduction, I ain't no fool. If that isn't the first hint, I can smell things a mile away, and this ain't nothin' different.

Lets see here, you speak of events that you cannot discuss because "you don't want them to occur". Well, thats not the first time I've been told that, and nor do I expect it to be the last time. However, you speak of "life going on", as such you think that we don't figure that life will go on. I realize that NYC is built on a fault line, and what if an Earthquake happend there? But, the world moves on. Nothing you nor I can do about it.

Your story reaks of a bad odor. Like anyone is going to believe us, even if we did go galavanting around, screaming "THE WORLD IS GOING TO END OH NO". Nobody believes the Christians, that are going door to door speaking of the world ending. You know why, because people are ignorant. Though, I don't expect the future to hold anything but ignorance, but hey thats life.

As for women going back to home. Right, and thats about the chance of Hillary Clinton, NOT running for Presidency in 2008. Women need to make income for their family. We are not going back to the old ways of life, sorry as appealing as they seem, we ain't going that way. Women have proven themselves, more than competent to work, and serve in the military.

I've been around, I don't need to be told what the world of tomorrow is going to be like. Hell, the Apoclypse isn't even on my mind. Nor is the future, it is merely a thought, a thought that has yet to come.

So let me head you off, that this post wasn't intended to be "aggravating", nor "irritating". Because I ain't angry, though if you offend any of my fellow family members, I will be there. Don't worry buckshot, I'll be there if you need a good teachin'.

pauli

Ask away

As for women going back to home. Right, and thats about the chance of Hillary Clinton, NOT running for Presidency in 2008. Women need to make income for their family. We are not going back to the old ways of life, sorry as appealing as they seem, we ain't going that way. Women have proven themselves, more than competent to work, and serve in the military.

Why the hostility Pyro? As a woman, I actually like hearing that women in the future have decided to make different decisions in the way of family. To my mind, too many women have been trying to abdicate a very important role (caretaker of children) and have left a generation of children out in the cold with serious abandonment and security issues. The narcissism of many women since the 1960s has been wreaking havoc throughout American society. While I don't have problems with women working outside of the home, if they need to do so, I would love to hear that women are making better decisions for the psychological health of their children.

Trinux, how many presidents are there in your time? And, are you saying that the Tecumseh curse is no longer in effect post 1980?

PyRo99

Ask away

What I'm saying is Pauli, that chances are it won't happen. Plus, women are getting involved in politics, its only a matter of time before they take office, so the homely thought that they will be returning home, is a distant one.

Especially at the rate everything is heading. Sincerly doubt it.

Gadfly

Ask away

Originally posted by Trinux@Jan 8 2005, 10:18 PM
?Spratered? is when a man and a woman appear to be in love, and their words seem to dance around one another's, without their words really meaning anything, while their love is taking form. I don't know if you have a similar word in your vocabulary, but ?spratered? is a word that is used quite often in my time.

Well, the word does appear to exist in our time. I did a Google search and found one result:

need a englsih or japan lifepartner
Discription:hi i am a sri lankan tamil boy.age is 27 and i am working in the dubai air port.i am looking a englsih lady or japan lady for my lifepartner. i am not looking fat or slim.i need only real love and honest. no matter spratered or divoce with one childred. pls mail me soon.for the more informaiton mail me via e-mail

Being the true romantic that I am @);- , I always knew love was timeless! :love:

HDRKID

Ask away

Hi Trinux:

I like how you have salted your speech with future words like "Spratered", this is common in time travellers. Imagine a man from 2005 going back to 1955; he would occasionally drop some future words.

It is great how you speak of women adopting a more "traditional" role, this I did see.

And how you speak of a giant earthquake that will cause widespread damage.
Actually, I believe that there is more than one.

Also, how you talk about "after the war" like everybody knows that a war will occur.

Any chance that you could post some pictures of future devices like {teleporters, replicators, quantum computers, floating cities} etc.

You are right that things will not be as bleak as people say.
Humanity will rebuild after the war. ;)