Bush Did Not Win the Election?

StarLord

Pyro,

Methinks you missed something in my post. :devil: Perhaps if you read it from a different direction? :ninja:

Judge Bean

I think that Bush stole this election, too. I came to this conclusion after some study and reflection, and I don't expect anybody else to follow along with it. For what it's worth, I don't make the statement lightly or because I like to stir things up, or because I didn't vote for him. Like I said, I thought it was a heroic thing for Kerry to concede, and probably saved the Constitution (or what's left of it).

I am now wondering whether the crime was committed so well that it will never be revealed. When you look back, the great governmental crimes were always only fully seen in retrospect-- too late to really do anything about it.

Except, that is, for the ongoing general corruption of the government in Washington, which is by now almost generally recognized and acknowledged.

So when you look at Bush and listen to what he's supposedly saying, remember that he is quite possibly the biggest criminal and liar of all time.

CaryP

So when you look at Bush and listen to what he's supposedly saying, remember that he is quite possibly the biggest criminal and liar of all time.

Well, let's see. The lies are plentiful - lies/reasons for war with Iraq and Afghanistan, lies about the 9/11 attack, lies about the economy, lies in both campaigns, lies about not having an upcoming draft, lies about why we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, lies about his past (service record, DUI, business experience, stock fraud, relationship with the bin Laden family, etc.), and those are just some of the big ones.

Crimes - 9/11 attack, illegal war in Iraq, authorized the use of torture against U.S. law and international treaties signed by the U.S., has held U.S. citizens without due process after declaring them "enemy combatants", created two years in a row of record deficits, authorized the killing of unarmed citizens in Iraq, alledgedly authorized the use of napalm in Fallujah, and the bigger ones are yet to be committed.

Up next who knows, but I'm sure the Bush will go down in history as one of the biggest, if not the biggest war criminals in history. Yeah, Paul, to our detriment, I'd say your assessment is dead on.

As for the election. The fix was in long before the election was held. We could have not voted at all, and the results would have been very similar, with more lies to cover up what really happened.

Yeah, I'm loving this guy. Can't wait to hear what the grandkids (none yet) will learn about our "illustrious" leader in the coming decades.

Cary

dancho

I'm just praying that Bush is not looney enough to start a fight that get's us nuked. I think he's finally going to STFU about N. Korea. Iraq is this lunatic's one big chance to play Ghengis Khan and be a BIG MAN. Now he'd better be cool or somebody will unload on us. Iraq is nothing. A real war would be very unpleasant for Ma and Pa back home (that's be you and me).

Darkwolf

Dansho, I don't see anyone nuking us in the near future. Any small country that fired one at us would be perminantly wiped off of the map, and they know it. The only people who might be able to do us any major harm are the Russians, and right now, we aren't ratteling each other's cages much.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Dec 23 2004, 01:29 AM
Dansho, I don't see anyone nuking us in the near future. Any small country that fired one at us would be perminantly wiped off of the map, and they know it. The only people who might be able to do us any major harm are the Russians, and right now, we aren't ratteling each other's cages much.

That's why they have been busy for years carefully putting together the policy structure to legitimize preemptive strikes. The Iraq/Afghan/"Terror" war can be understood as a "rehearsal" of this policy, in that it is handy to prove the proposition that the U.S. is now capable of striking at anyone first, in any direction, without negative consequences from either allies or old enemies. The new American Imperialism is brainlessly seductive to the rich, inasmuch as it seems to offer up the world's resources on a silver platter, while the rude crowds tussle over irrelevant, localized power. But it has two extraordinarily dangerous aspects:

1. It represents a radical, anti-conservative approach to the world, an undemocratic move away from the homestyle, populist power base just manipulated to give the tinpot Bush a "mandate." This might mean that the same "red Staters" who allegedly put him into the White House would revolt against him and everything he stands for-- given that the common person has no stock in Exxon, and believes that Jesus told us to be charitable and honest. This, in turn, could throw over the country yet another Constitutional crisis as a louse tries to stay in power by any means possible. President Rove?

2. The world adjusts itself to the shifts of international power quite slowly, and, once in motion, with an almost fateful momentum. You cannot within one Presidential term in office reverse the damage to the paranoid truce that ended the Cold War; then again, the neocons believe that Reagan ended Communism. Anyway, whether it was Reagan, or the nefarious McDonalds/Levis conspiracy to make every culture in the world stupid and fat, it all depended upon a trust in the U.S. not to follow the template of Western history and become a military empire. Now, of course, those in the Old Countries recognize their grandchildren pretending to impose nobility upon poor people who seem to want to govern themselves. It's not quite up to the snuff of Yale standards the way they do things overseas, and a lot of them, if you can imagine, don't speak English or have DVD players.

///

The forecast is dire. On the one hand, within a very short time, the country could be wholly preoccupied with a banal and expensive Washington crisis, involving the usual dreary Congressional hearings and confessions of familiarity with prostitutes and secret videos, and resulting in crying at press conferences and midnight swilling of whisky in the West Wing. In the heartland, people who make their living selling seed or Toyotas will find Fox News full of unavoidable casualty figures and grim predictions of City Hall and Walmart going bankrupt. Some of us will wonder whether Nixon really just tricked us all by waving at the helicopter, and will expect to find Sen. Ervin grilling White House wonks on another channel.

In another continent, a wouldbe Castro with an army of teenagers uniformed in mall rockstar Tshirts will put two and two together and realize that this is probably the best time to whack "the only superpower"-- now, before Americans go through the laborious process of trying to save their form of government. Almost at the same time, one of the "nuclear club" will begin to understand that the government to emerge from the American crisis will probably retain the preemptive strike option, due to the threat to the U.S. from the forces of darkness; the best way to get to the top of the heap and obtain some greater power will be to strike us first and often.

StarLord

Remember when all it took to get to the top of the heap was a car that looked half decent, a date, enough money from cutting lawns to afford burgers, fries,malts at the drive-in and the school bully was too drunk to bother anyone?

Darkwolf

In another continent, a wouldbe Castro with an army of teenagers uniformed in mall rockstar Tshirts will put two and two together and realize that this is probably the best time to whack \"the only superpower\"-- now, before Americans go through the laborious process of trying to save their form of government. Almost at the same time, one of the \"nuclear club\" will begin to understand that the government to emerge from the American crisis will probably retain the preemptive strike option, due to the threat to the U.S. from the forces of darkness; the best way to get to the top of the heap and obtain some greater power will be to strike us first and often.

Paul, Remember that no matter how shakey we are pollitically, those minuteman missiles are still only about ten minutes from airborne. At least in the forseeable future. Possibly problems here could prevent a launch untill the missiles impacted, but if the launching country doesn't have enough to take our our ability to respond in kind, it would still be suicidal for them to try anything.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Dec 23 2004, 10:41 PM
In another continent, a wouldbe Castro with an army of teenagers uniformed in mall rockstar Tshirts will put two and two together and realize that this is probably the best time to whack \"the only superpower\"-- now, before Americans go through the laborious process of trying to save their form of government. Almost at the same time, one of the \"nuclear club\" will begin to understand that the government to emerge from the American crisis will probably retain the preemptive strike option, due to the threat to the U.S. from the forces of darkness; the best way to get to the top of the heap and obtain some greater power will be to strike us first and often.

Paul, Remember that no matter how shakey we are pollitically, those minuteman missiles are still only about ten minutes from airborne. At least in the forseeable future. Possibly problems here could prevent a launch untill the missiles impacted, but if the launching country doesn't have enough to take our our ability to respond in kind, it would still be suicidal for them to try anything.

Suicidal-- as in the jihad youth corps, or as in the decades-long policy of China that there are sufficient Chinese to withstand a nuclear assault?

Suicidal-- as in anonymous launches? Submarine launches? Suitcase bombs?

The newly readjusted world no longer depends upon mutually assured deterrence/destruction. The end of the "Cold War" caused a "vacuum," into which the neocons march with a preemptive strike policy.

Or, as our enemies might call it, a suicide policy.