Call to ban Einstein from Paranormalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitor

I'm sorry, but in cases other than libel, slander, or incitement to cause panic or harm, I can see no reason to restrict freedom of expression.

I suppose you are saying that Einstein's joke is an incitement to harm, but I do not see it that way. There is a difference between saying "I call upon all to support the murder of all leftists" and what Einstein posted because, as I said before, Einstein was well aware of the impossibility of a "leftist virus". This is why his post could only be interpreted as a joke and not as a call for action. The difference may seem subtle, but it is profound.

YOU might not see it that way, but other people DO. They certainly do when people with fame say those things. Whether the intention is to incite something or not, it certainly has the potential to. Ignoring that is irresponsible, not to mention inconsiderate. All it does is get in the way of actual progress. If everyone stopped hating each-other for long enough to have a real discussion, they would get somewhere. We already are in Framework for the most part, are we not? Those of a toxic nature only hinder progress, that is how it has always been throughout history.

TimeFlipper

I know that I'm new and so I probably have no right to comment on this, but what I have read from Einstein so far leads me to believe that he is not so ignorant as to actually believe that a virus could be produced that would attack an ideology. It was a jest.

A joke, even one in poor taste, is still a joke.

Well said, Well said!!

Yeats

YOU might not see it that way, but other people DO. They certainly do when people with fame say those things. Whether the intention is to incite something or not, it certainly has the potential to. Ignoring that is irresponsible, not to mention inconsiderate. All it does is get in the way of actual progress. If everyone stopped hating each-other for long enough to have a real discussion, they would get somewhere. We already are in Framework for the most part, are we not? Those of a toxic nature only hinder progress, that is how it has always been throughout history.
I can only be responsible for my own conduct, not how others react to my conduct.

That aside, potential can be a very tricky thing. I am sure you would agree that almost any speech has the potential for harm if it is misinterpreted, or if the recipient of the speech has an overly-sensitive nature. This is why the intent of the speaker is so important. I am sure that if you discuss this with Einstein, you will be able to clearly determine his intentions and discover that, while offensive, his intent was not to do harm.

TimeFlipper

I'm sorry, but in cases other than libel, slander, or incitement to cause panic or harm, I can see no reason to restrict freedom of expression.

I suppose you are saying that Einstein's joke is an incitement to harm, but I do not see it that way. There is a difference between saying "I call upon all to support the murder of all leftists" and what Einstein posted because, as I said before, Einstein was well aware of the impossibility of a "leftist virus". This is why his post could only be interpreted as a joke and not as a call for action. The difference may seem subtle, but it is profound.

Well Said again, Well said again!!I

IMHO, and with respect...We have witnessed one of those people who probably spend most of their lives trying to locate anything that gives their fragile little Egos the necessity to say that they are "offended" by this, or by that....The latest way to describe that type of person is by saying they appear to be a, Far Left Liberal Snowflake... However, they DO have the right to express their own opinions, and the rest of have the right to REPLY to those type of opinions!

Inquisitor

I can only be responsible for my own conduct, not how others react to my conduct.

That aside, potential can be a very tricky thing. I am sure you would agree that almost any speech has the potential for harm if it is misinterpreted, or if the recipient of the speech has an overly-sensitive nature. This is why the intent of the speaker is so important. I am sure that if you discuss this with Einstein, you will be able to clearly determine his intentions and discover that, while offensive, his intent was not to do harm.

I don't wholly disagree. However, things said with hostile intent or that are designed to incite, people like Einstein should be held accountable for what they say. But you are sadly mistaken about Einstein. Read into his past posts, they are filled with hate speech. He may be joking about some of it, but with how much he says and means it is not clear when he is or not.

TimeFlipper

Absolutely correct again...Anyone with a modicum of common sense would firstly contact the person who "ruffled their fragile feathers", and find out if what they said was meant to be a joke...Our own Moderator @Classicalfan626 has asked me several times if what I stated was meant to be a joke (y):D..

Inquisitor

Irresponsible. You don't even care if your words have a negative effect you didn't intend, no matter how bad it is. It is a waste of time even trying to reason with you. You are just as bad as @HeraldOfTruth!

Yeats

I don't wholly disagree. However, things said with hostile intent or that are designed to incite, people like Einstein should be held accountable for what they say. But you are sadly mistaken about Einstein. Read into his past posts, they are filled with hate speech. He may be joking about some of it, but with how much he says and means it is not clear when he is or not.
As I said in my apology to you on another thread, I consider you to be a fairly open-minded person, so I am sure you will resolve this dispute with Einstein before too long. In the meantime, I urge you to remember that when you seek to restrict the rights of others you may endanger your own freedom as well.

Now, my friend, since I was up so late last night sparring with you, I find myself in need of a nap. Be well.

Inquisitor

As I said in my apology to you on another thread, I consider you to be a fairly open-minded person, so I am sure you will resolve this dispute with Einstein before too long. In the meantime, I urge you to remember that when you seek to restrict the rights of others you may endanger your own freedom as well.

Now, my friend, since I was up so late last night sparring with you, I find myself in need of a nap. Be well.

Thank you at least for being reasonable even if we don't agree. However, as much as I value freedom, I value safety and responsibility and progress. Freedom isn't the only thing in the world that is important.

I apologize, I hope you enjoy the nap.

TimeFlipper

Irresponsible children. You don't even care if your words have a negative effect you didn't intend, no matter how bad it is. It is a waste of time even trying to reason with you. You are just as bad as @HeraldOfTruth!

Here we are members of Paranormalis, a member who thinks people who DONT support his views, are children!!:ROFLMAO:
Narcissistic people (intense love of oneself) have closed minds, they cannot EVER see themselves as being wrong!..

Here we can see our members obsessive need to view everything that our member Einstein has written on Paranormalis...He stated that all of his past postings are filled with hate speech!!...That is obviously total Paranoia, because none of our other members have accused Einstein of any such hate speech, only @Inquisitor has!!...IMHO, maybe somebody should accuse the Inquisitor of inciting hate speech himself!!:mad:..

Status
Not open for further replies.