Cat Lovers

tymeonadime

koI have a Siamese Tom named Dog.... ( said as Dee Oh Gee ) but we usually call him dog. Reason being, when he was born, he looked more like a puppy than a cat. This little dude is our blue eyed A$$ hole. He's a prick, but we love him.

We have several cats and dogs. My wife and I rescue stray or abused house pets then adopt them out. It's tough, but it's work worth doing

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The Bach's doesn't seem to be helping Cersei. She still wags her tail a lot and is obsessed with going outside. The other stuff with Valerian root in it worked great, but made her barf after 2 weeks, unfortunately. I just wish she'd relax. Nobody is attacking her any more and she won't cuddle AT ALL. She won't even let me pet her. She ducks. (I did get her to stop biting and growling). I just didn't end up with an affectionate cat. Anyway, my goal is to get her to stop being so nervous and stop wagging.

tymeonadime

My little 4yr old Tom cat, Tiny has been sick for a while. At first, it was not noticeable. Then he started losing weight no matter what he ate. Then he became antisocial. The vet told me on the phone it sounded like end stage leukemia.y heart fell out.

I know that every pet owner and their pet share a special connection. Tiny and I have an even more special connection. He was born dead. The momma wouldn't even clean him off. He wasn't breathing. I was next to Sassy, the momma when she was giving birth, sitting with a wash cloth and a bucket of hot water incase she couldn't keep up. I seen she wasn't going to clean that one, so I did. I seen that he wasn't breathing too, and I took my index finger and softly rubbed a circle on his chest with his chin being the 12o clock point. I rubbed circles and pressed slightly harder around three o clock area and softly blew into his tiny little mouth and he started to twitch. Finally he started to breath, and was fine for four years. As soon as he was weaned, we were inseparable. He would search me out from any room in my house. With the exception of my work room.
I prepared for the worse, and cried like a biatch all day yesterday. I took him to the vet, After giving him a nice dinner of fresh Salmon, and heavy cream. I wrapped him in his favorite Afghan, and we left out.
The vet was shocked at how emaciated Tiny seemed, while remaining calm, happy and friendly He decided to check blood for a few things, and left Tiny and I to wait. I was holding a sleeping Tiny and still had tears streaming down my face when the vet came back in, with a needle and a smile. He told me that Tiny has a form of immuno deficiency but not feline hiv or aids. So he gave him a shot of something and told me that it may or may not work.

This morning I woke up, and Tiny wasn't on my chest asleep. That's unusual. I panicked. Thinking he snuck off to die, I got up to look for him, and found him playing with another cat He hasn't played in months.
He seems happy, and acts like he feels better.

Sorry, I just had to tell someone. I needed to talk about it. My wife is an animal lover, but she refuses to become attached to any if them.....

TrashyVerse

We have an 11 year old cat who acts like she wants to be petted as she's all affectionate when she rubs up against you and you reach down and pet her but when she has enough of petting she reaches out to bite you. She won't let you touch her underside either and she bites like she's trying to play? I don't know. She might have been abused, she doesn't jump up on the furniture either because I think someone was mean to her when they tried to get her off of it or 'train her' about staying off.

I tried to condition-train her with treats and lure her onto my the sofa by telling her it's okay to stay there, but she wont really go on it much and I tried playing with her and THEN petting her but she still nips. She wags her tail like a dog - not aggressively or like she's marking her territory but like she's really happy? And she purrs like all the time. But she bites when she's petted. I wish she wouldn't do that because I do love cats and I wanted one for so long, but it's not really fair because all we do is spoil her and she just bites. ; /

She's at my grandparents house cause my dad's allergic. I try to be nice to her, yet again, she only bites. Anything I can do to stop this?

One day I want to get another cat of my own when I've got my own place, but from a more reputable shelter, the one I got her from wasn't very reliable and they just stuck us in a room for an hour and forgot about us. They made us wait over an hour to do the paperwork because their computers were having problems and they were going to put her back in her kennel and I'm like 'yes please do!" so she could eat and have water, but they didn't cause again, they forgot. I'm never going to that shelter again. (Treasure Coast Humane Society.)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We have an 11 year old cat who acts like she wants to be petted as she's all affectionate when she rubs up against you and you reach down and pet her but when she has enough of petting she reaches out to bite you. She won't let you touch her underside either and she bites like she's trying to play? I don't know. She might have been abused, she doesn't jump up on the furniture either because I think someone was mean to her when they tried to get her off of it or 'train her' about staying off.

Make sure she's not in pain. My 10 year old cat just developed arthritis in her back and if you touch a spot on her back, she will attack/bite really hard that's out of character for her. I give her glucosamine now, so it happens way less often. She was evaluated by a vet who determined the pain was on her back near the tail.

But, some cats just don't like being petted or being petted long. They can get overstimulated and petting can actually hurt...too many nerves I guess.

Was she ferel at one point?

I tried to condition-train her with treats and lure her onto my the sofa by telling her it's okay to stay there, but she wont really go on it much and I tried playing with her and THEN petting her but she still nips. She wags her tail like a dog - not aggressively or like she's marking her t

This is exactly like Cersei, who I recently rescued. She still wags her tail -- very anxious --- won't cuddle at all and ducks when I try to pet her. She used to bite, but I trained her with treats so she doesn't bite or growl at us any more.

She's at my grandparents house cause my dad's allergic. I try to be nice to her, yet again, she only bites. Anything I can do to stop this?

Watch as many episodes of Jackson Galaxy's My Cat from Hell as you can. You will learn a lot. Every time you to visit your grandparents, give her a treat as soon as you walk in the door. Don't force physical contact.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My little 4yr old Tom cat, Tiny has been sick for a while. At first, it was not noticeable. Then he started losing weight no matter what he ate. Then he became antisocial. The vet told me on the phone it sounded like end stage leukemia.y heart fell out.

Could be diabetes. Could be just a belly full of fur. Vet needs to do an exam and bloodwork to be sure.

I prepared for the worse, and cried like a biatch all day yesterday. I took him to the vet, After giving him a nice dinner of fresh Salmon, and heavy cream. I wrapped him in his favorite Afghan, and we left out.
The vet was shocked at how emaciated Tiny seemed, while remaining calm, happy and friendly He decided to check blood for a few things, and left Tiny and I to wait. I was holding a sleeping Tiny and still had tears streaming down my face when the vet came back in, with a needle and a smile. He told me that Tiny has a form of immuno deficiency but not feline hiv or aids. So he gave him a shot of something and told me that it may or may not work.

PLEASE do NOT give your cat cream or dairy products. This could be causing all kinds of trouble. Cats do not have the proper enzymes in their stomachs to handle cow's milk. He may get better if you stop the cream. Please.... I'm only saying this because I care. I'm not meaning to be rude. Cats CANNOT have cow's milk!!!