Cat Lovers

tymeonadime

My wife and I rescue them, either strays or a few Ferrell's, I even opened someone's house and removed their animals because I watched them kick a chiuhua in the face. I called the cops first, told them what I saw and that I had film to prove it Theyagreed to come out with local version of ASPCA well, they came, but wouldn't take any of the cats. So, I did. I found them homes eventually, after retraining them.

We cycle through cats and at times dogs rather fast. We use Craigslist and face book to adopt them out to families that we can prove.

The cream I give them is called Nutri-M.I.L.k have no clue what it stands fir

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My wife and I rescue them, either strays or a few Ferrell's, I even opened someone's house and removed their animals because I watched them kick a chiuhua in the face. I called the cops first, told them what I saw and that I had film to prove it Theyagreed to come out with local version of ASPCA well, they came, but wouldn't take any of the cats. So, I did. I found them homes eventually, after retraining them.

We cycle through cats and at times dogs rather fast. We use Craigslist and face book to adopt them out to families that we can prove.

The cream I give them is called Nutri-M.I.L.k have no clue what it stands fir

No problem. I just heard "heavy cream" and freaked. lol. There are people who think that you can give a cat a bowl of milk. Some can handle it, but it can cause serious health problems in others... but you know that... :)

That is awful that someone abused a dog and awesome job saving it and the cats.

tymeonadime

I physically feel the need to help animals. A big dog can AT TIMES protect themselves. But this was a eight pound elderly chihuahua

Yeah, it's made from whey protein or some shit. Meant for cats and actually ferrets .....o_0 the dogs seem to like it as well, but they don't get that. We found a powdered mix, that makes beef flavored ," smoothies " for the dogs They love that crap. We think it stinks but its their favorite thing in the cupboard...

TrashyVerse

We have an 11 year old cat who acts like she wants to be petted as she's all affectionate when she rubs up against you and you reach down and pet her but when she has enough of petting she reaches out to bite you. She won't let you touch her underside either and she bites like she's trying to play? I don't know. She might have been abused, she doesn't jump up on the furniture either because I think someone was mean to her when they tried to get her off of it or 'train her' about staying off.

Make sure she's not in pain. My 10 year old cat just developed arthritis in her back and if you touch a spot on her back, she will attack/bite really hard that's out of character for her. I give her glucosamine now, so it happens way less often. She was evaluated by a vet who determined the pain was on her back near the tail.

But, some cats just don't like being petted or being petted long. They can get overstimulated and petting can actually hurt...too many nerves I guess.

Was she ferel at one point?

I tried to condition-train her with treats and lure her onto my the sofa by telling her it's okay to stay there, but she wont really go on it much and I tried playing with her and THEN petting her but she still nips. She wags her tail like a dog - not aggressively or like she's marking her t

This is exactly like Cersei, who I recently rescued. She still wags her tail -- very anxious --- won't cuddle at all and ducks when I try to pet her. She used to bite, but I trained her with treats so she doesn't bite or growl at us any more.

She's at my grandparents house cause my dad's allergic. I try to be nice to her, yet again, she only bites. Anything I can do to stop this?

Watch as many episodes of Jackson Galaxy's My Cat from Hell as you can. You will learn a lot. Every time you to visit your grandparents, give her a treat as soon as you walk in the door. Don't force physical contact.

Oh I've watched a tone of Jackson Galaxy videos. Not just his show, but his YouTube videos too. They're helpful but I don't think they've been helpful with her... She was returned twice to the shelter before and I think she was abused before in the past. I mean, she's 11 who knows what could have happened. I think she might have arthritis but - its stressful getting her to the vet, and we can't put her in the crate cause she always refuses to go and she hates being picked up. (Again, she bites.)

Do you have any suggestions on how to get her in the crate safely? Do you think we should medicate her to calm her down to get her to the vet? We sometimes do that with our dogs, but I've never had experience with cats and I know she's older but so is my dog, she's turning 14 and we give her Valium sometimes I just wan't to do know if it's safe for cats to take. We give her like a quarter dose and I just wan't to get her in the crate without freaking her out/putting stress on her.

tymeonadime

Lure the poor dear into the carrier with a piece of tuna, salmon, or wet cat food. So long as she's interested in food, she may not pay attention to it being in the cage.

I have to do that with my " Garfield" look alike Tomas. He is a sweet cat, never screams growls or bites. But try to put him in a cage ...... There's an organic wholesale meat place somewhat close to me. I get fresh salmon occasionally for us humans, but sometimes will have to go get him a chunk too. Regular xatfood won't work, and tuna isn't his favorite, so fresh salmon works like a charm.

TrashyVerse

Lure the poor dear into the carrier with a piece of tuna, salmon, or wet cat food. So long as she's interested in food, she may not pay attention to it being in the cage.

I have to do that with my " Garfield" look alike Tomas. He is a sweet cat, never screams growls or bites. But try to put him in a cage ...... There's an organic wholesale meat place somewhat close to me. I get fresh salmon occasionally for us humans, but sometimes will have to go get him a chunk too. Regular xatfood won't work, and tuna isn't his favorite, so fresh salmon works like a charm.

I heard that fish in cat food is harmful to pets because it contains chemicals or something, so I could get fresh fish or meat for her, and while Grandma and I are cooking I could try to condition train her towards the carrier like pop the lid off and get her to sit in it and give her lots of yummy treats? Do you think that'll work?

tymeonadime

Honestly I would try it.

NEVER give them anything with added preservativesor added chemicals. Stay with whole organic products. Then again, idk, it may just be a personal preference. DO NOT cook the fish for the cat. Their bodies aren't meant to process cooked foods like that, and my vet told us that it's harder for them to digest cooked foods than raw ORGANIC fish. Don't use salt or spices of any kind.

I had to use repeated exposure to get Thomas used to the carrier. You my a week where I played around with him near the cage or fed him in it everyday By the next week he was used to the carrier. Then I used it to transport him to the vet and now the only way he goes near it ia of there is a bowl of food in there.

tymeonadime

As for medicating any animal for any reason, ASK THE VET FIRST. My vet frowns on the use of narcotics, but will whisper ppropaganda for the use of marijuana to calm the nerves of scared pets. That works, FOR ME , because I always have some. again, ask your veterinarian for their advice first, before giving her anything.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Do you have any suggestions on how to get her in the crate safely? Do you think we should medicate her to calm her down to get her to the vet? We sometimes do that with our dogs, but I've never had experience with cats and I know she's older but so is my dog, she's turning 14 and we give her Valium sometimes I just wan't to do know if it's safe for cats to take. We give her like a quarter dose and I just wan't to get her in the crate without freaking her out/putting stress on her.

It takes time, but training with food and luring her in maybe? I tried a natural anti-anxiety med with Valerian Root in it that worked great (not a tranqulizer, but it lessens anxiety), however, after 2 weeks she started vomiting and got the runs. Treats/Food are usually the best bets for animals, or change the crate to something else like a cat carrying bag. At least the first time, she won't suspect what you're doing. hehe.