Chris

JediStryker

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Jun 18 2004, 12:39 AM
I mentioned how I got to school in the 'old' topic, if you have a look its still there (sorry I was too lazy to find it myself). As for my older self, hes just going about his normal life. Our conclusion is that as long as he is there, I will one day get home. If suddenly he and all his stuff disappears, then we know for sure that I'll never make it back.

I miss my friends and family the most. I've been tempted to look them up but its probably not worth it. Older Chris tells me he doesn't get to see them much anymore.
Chris, don't you think it's possible that you are in another timeline and may never get home? And at this point, are you sure you'd want to? You're getting older quickly, and you'll find that at your age you're going to mature very fast. If you suddenly woke up again in 1993, you would be pretty far advanced against your peers.

Hey, I just had an idea. Just in case you ever disappear from here, maybe we should set something up. If we could find someone who remembers their email address in '93, they could give it to you if you ever go back, and you can email them and tell them what happened. What do you think?

Chris

Chris

Oh I'm faced with the real possibility that I'll never get back, and I've learnt to accept that now, as hard as it is. I've made new friends my age, and I'm taking care of myself.

You're right, if I ever do go back there is going to be serious trouble explaining certain things. But it might not be up to me whether I want to return or not.

Does anyone have an email address from 1993? I would be happy to pass on the message, but the problem is they might not even believe me and over 11 years would forget about the email I sent them.

At the moment, no hopes except to carry on living. If I'm in an alternate timeline then my older self will stick around. If I'm not... history might catch up with me.

Rug

Chris

Originally posted by Jovial_Kitten@Jun 19 2004, 12:13 AM
I had an email address in 1994..so if he emails that...would a new memory pop in my head of him telling me about this story?
No, I don't think any of this would work. Chris's own time and the time Chris is in now, are two different worldlines. That is why Chris's future self doesn't remember doing any of the things Chris is doing.

Chris

Chris

But wait on.. in another universe I would get back, send the email to Kitten and she would suddenly have the memory of some guy sending an email. Would I be on this site though? Maybe, maybe not. If I am... oh man, this is too confusing.

JediStryker

Chris

You're right, if I ever do go back there is going to be serious trouble explaining certain things. But it might not be up to me whether I want to return or not.

If it helps at all, you've also been presented with a great opportunity you never had before. You've been given, by G-d in my mind, another eleven years of life. What the reason or plan is, I could never say; but you're going to get to see and do things your older self will not. You're now growing up in one of the fastest technologically-advancing ages in human history; the things you will see and do will astound us all.

Does anyone have an email address from 1993? I would be happy to pass on the message, but the problem is they might not even believe me and over 11 years would forget about the email I sent them.

We could help you draft up an email, if you'd like. We'll cater it to the person we plan to send it to, so that they will recognize the truth in it. :)

Any volunteers? I saw that J_K had an email address in '94. Any other takers?

JediStryker

Chris

Originally posted by Rug+Jun 18 2004, 11:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rug @ Jun 18 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jovial_Kitten@Jun 19 2004, 12:13 AM
I had an email address in 1994..so if he emails that...would a new memory pop in my head of him telling me about this story?
No, I don't think any of this would work. Chris's own time and the time Chris is in now, are two different worldlines. That is why Chris's future self doesn't remember doing any of the things Chris is doing. [/b][/quote]
True, if that is what has happened. If, say, Chris' older self indeed went through all this, but is nonchalant about it and says nothing because it's for the best of his younger self, then this all may be on one worldline yet.

However, I think that Kitten, or anyone else, would be happy to at least themselves in another worldline's chance to get a glimpse into the future.

Rug

Chris

Yes, but the chances of this even working are one to infinite. The email being sent would go to J_K in Chris's worldline. THe J_K in his worldline and the J_K in this worldline could be totally different.