Chris

CaryP

Chris

Hey Chris,

I hope you're enjoying your time off from school. Since it's winter time where you're at, do you call it "winter break/vacation"? How's it going with the older "you"? Ever meet the girl he's dating that you once had a crush on? Anything new from down under? Have you seen anything in the news about the seven American aircraft carrier stike groups all headed to the China Sea? Highly unusual and potentially scary development between the US and China. The reason I ask is it's not making the mainstream press here, but thought it might be on Australian news since China is closer there. Have a good one.

Cary

HackimerRob

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to see you over here.
So let me ask you, in addition to Cary's words, have you pretty much entirely given up on trying to go back? What if you got back and there was already a you that never left?

Chris

Chris

It's not called an anything break, just school holidays :p Older me is going fine, I never did meet the girl that I was meant to. If she's showed up since, I haven't been around to witness it. I haven't read anything about the US/China conflict, but that does sound potentially diastorous. From what I've read of Titor (which isn't much) the Chinese are meant to invade down under! But we kick them out, and the US doesn't lay a finger on them. Strange going on's in the world of the future maybe.

I haven't entirely given up, but I'm not making any consistent efforts to get back seeing I really don't understand how I got here in the first place. If one day I end up back, but theres another me there, then its going to make a very interesting story for the headlines. I can just imagine everyone here talking about it in some alternate reality :D

JediStryker

Chris

Have you started to look at post-high school plans? College and what-not?

How about family? Have you considered the possible repercussions of starting a family? If you and your older self married women and had kids with them, both of your kids would have the same father! Weird.

Chris

Chris

No thoughts about life after school, maybe go into some low profile job somewhere. I have to be careful with two of me around, it just double the trouble unfortunatley. And as for a family, well, thats way too far into the future if at all.

JediStryker

Chris

I guess that's true. Still, something to maybe start discussing with your older self. He's going to have to start thinking about these things as well.

MORG

Chris

Chris. I would like to run a test to see if you ever make it back to the past. I want you to call me on July 19, 2004 at 10:00pm Mountain Time. No, not the you that is here now in this time. The you that is here now but went back and grew older. I'm not going to post my phone number until 2 weeks from now. But if you get back to time after the 2 week period, you will have my number when you go back to the past. Keep it with you for the 11 years until you are able to call me. And remember the date. Maybe you should print this post actually. Memorize the phone number. Print that post as well. Also, I'm not going to post my number in the public forum. I'm going to send it as an email to you but in order to do this I need you to send me YOUR email address 1 week from now. You can sent it to my email address which I'll PM to you in 4 days.
If this works, I'll be expecting your call tomorrow night.
This is some serious Bill and Ted sh!t.

JediStryker

Chris

MORG, this experiment is interesting but may not work. If Chris returns to his own time, then likely he would also be returning to his own timeline, which is different than this one. The reason for that thought is that there is already an older Chris with younger Chris, one who claims not to have ever traveled through time. That Chris is not going to call you, most likely. If he already has your phone number, though...

Ah, what the hell. If someone calls you tomorrow night, get as much info from them as you can. We'll want details! ;)

Phoenix

Chris

Originally posted by JediStryker@Jul 18 2004, 11:24 AM
MORG, this experiment is interesting but may not work. If Chris returns to his own time, then likely he would also be returning to his own timeline, which is different than this one. The reason for that thought is that there is already an older Chris with younger Chris, one who claims not to have ever traveled through time. That Chris is not going to call you, most likely. If he already has your phone number, though...

Ah, what the hell. If someone calls you tomorrow night, get as much info from them as you can. We'll want details! ;)
If you can get a tape recording of the event even better. ;)