Chris

Jovial_Kitten

Chris

The following is chris's first post. If he wishes to post anything else I feel it would be wiser if he did so. I just wanted to start his thread for him. Thanks again Chris for sharing your experiences with us:)
Hello, I am Chris.

I can't believe what has happened. This may be an unbelieveable story, but I figured if there was any place to tell it, it would be here, away from the ridicule of a more public bulletin board systems. I am from the 2nd of June, 1993. And so... the current date is the 7th of March, 2004. I guess I'm officially a time traveller, beyond my wildest imaginations.

Not even I know how I got here, I went to sleep in my bed back in 1993, peaceful, just an Aussie 16 year old living out the 90's, our generation.

Then I wake up, and I'm lying in a gutter, nowhere near my house. It's very early morning, and it's been raining a lot, because my clothes are as if I just took a swim in them. I look around and get the worst feeling as if something is out of place. A jeep to the side of me looks so modern, much more than most. It's so sleek. A grey looking car passes, its engine very quiet and looking as if its from some classy German manufacturer. I start to wander around. The clothes people wore, even in early morning, had slight differences. I recognize this place, its my own suburb, but completely changed. In some ways its run down, worn down, but in others its been refurbished.

I walk into a corner shop that had been there since 1993 and check one of the newspapers, almost certain of what had happened (even if at the time I thought it was a crazy dream) and the date, inevitebly, is 2004. Thats all that mattered. I lost it then and there, and ran out of the shop, straight into incoming traffic. I narrowly missed getting hit by yet another fancy car, and ran into the park across the road.

What am I doing here? That was 10 days ago. I still can't understand. What is even weirder is I'm now living with my older self, at age 27. That story is for another time though. I assume that in this time, from the number of posts made, that time travel is common, but on a more secretive base? Using a wonderful tool called Google, which my future self pointed me in the direction of, I found many theories on time travel (and am glad to see that Back to the Future is still alive and kicking) but no solid proof, and that can only be found here. But on first glance they are ridiculous stories of aliens and from hundreds of years in the future, like they are made up.

In 1993 the internet had barely started, but being the geek I was back then I knew all about it and even had a top of the line SparcStation LX. The internet has surely changed, which is disappointing. It's become commercial, and there is so much crap floating around it that it isn't funny. How did it get so far out of hand? However despite all this, in the last ten days I have used my older selfs 'broadband' connection to use the internet. It's incredible. My computer was 50mhz, his is 2600mhz. Computing power has become enormous! Anyway this is becoming off track.

I do not wish to stay here. Me and my other self have hypothesised that I have not physically disappeared from 1993, because there is no record of a missing persons report, and he has not disappeared (Back to the Future has taught me enough about time travel to realise about paradoxes and the like). But I cannot stay here, it would be impossible to live in this time.

So, I send this SOS out to you as to how I can get back. My older self forbid me to write anything about this, but I have anyway. Please help, whoever you are.

Chris

Chris

Chris

You're welcome :) Anyone is free to ask questions, I don't mind questions I've already answered in the past because then they'll all be here instead.

Ralan

Chris

Hmm. How is this thread going to continue? I fear a dead end for the old time traveller crew...

HackimerRob

Chris

Chris, I do have a question, and I believe you've discussed it before "SOMEWHERE ELSE" but maybe not.

Have there been any food innovations that others may not seem as a big step or shocking since 93 cause we all lived through it, but that surprised you to see? I'm a chef, so I'm naturally curious.

Thanks for your time!

Hack

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Chris

Very interesting.

How did you find your older self? If he is the older version of you, he should remember doing the exact same thing you did....Travelling though time....And returning.

Or does this fall under the multiple universe category, in which the you from this universe never travelled through time and lived a normal life?

Try researching some history and see if anything turns up different than you remember being taught. Presidents, wars, etc.

Chris

Chris

The one thing that has shocked me the most is teh advancement in computer power, 2.4Ghz machines were unheard of back in 1993, and even if they did exist they probably only belonged to the super rich or the government for whatever reason.

I've had a few weird dreams, some happening recently. Mostly scary ones, people in distress, fire, stuff like that. Some are just plain weird.

So far my older self denies ever going back, and he has no memory of what is happening to me now. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm from another reality, but its probably a strong sign that I have.

HackimerRob

Chris

Thanks for answering my question, but you missed the word "food" before innovations. (Or trends I quess would be a good way to put it) Have there been any FOOD trends ...yadda.

:)

Strangevisitor

Chris

I have a theory that time is a part of the EM spectrum that we haven't discovered and people who can travel through time under their own power (not machines) can access that wavelength. Also, those people then can see time like other people can see green, blue, ect. Chris, maybe you are seeing time in your dreams and those dreams are of the future. They could also be flashes of the past. You skipped over 11 years so your mind is making up for it. The dreams could also be telling you how to return to the past (I don't know how) but you could try to remember what they are about and maybe get some answers.