Cobra CB radio for contact

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I think it would be best to do as much research on this yourself. For instance if your city forbids certain types of radio antennas, you might end up paying a fine much greater than the cost of your antenna installation.
I did a little research, and I didn't see anything that specifically outlaws use of CB radios and/or antennas in my town. Nevertheless, I'm going to have my dad find out from my local police if it's legal or not.

Kairos

You need to talk to the municipal government to see if they require a permit and what their regulations are.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Kairos - I don't see anything wrong with asking the local police a question about the legality of operating a CB radio and installing a CB antenna. I'd assume they could answer just as much, and I believe you'd need a permit or license to operate a ham radio rather than a citizens band one. I could be mistaken though.

Kairos

@Kairos - I don't see anything wrong with asking the local police a question about the legality of operating a CB radio and installing a CB antenna. I'd assume they could answer just as much, and I believe you'd need a permit or license to operate a ham radio rather than a citizens band one. I could be mistaken though.

They most likely will refer you to the city hall.

Kairos

Gotcha. So we may end up going there to ask.

It can't hurt to ask them, but building regs are not really their thing. Police know criminal law very well. This is not a criminal law.

I used to live in leftist police state central, though, and a neighbor had a huge mast antenna for his HAM radio hobby. So it might not be a problem for you. I guess it depends if they've had problems in the past.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
It can't hurt to ask them, but building regs are not really their thing. Police know criminal law very well. This is not a criminal law.

I used to live in leftist police state central, though, and a neighbor had a huge mast antenna for his HAM radio hobby. So it might not be a problem for you. I guess it depends if they've had problems in the past.
Then what local government institution do you think I should go to and ask?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Kairos - Never mind that last post. I did my own research, and I found that my town hall is the main government building for my town. So I suppose someone over there should have the legal answers I need.