Cobra CB radio for contact

TimeFlipper

@Classicalfan626 Could you please tell me what the 12 volt battery is that you have purchased, and what Amps does it say on it?..
I hope you are aware that when the Firestick antenna is fixed onto the top of the building, you cannot take it down to fit it on top of the car, you will need a separate antenna for the car...

You will also need to know the distance from the top of the building where the antenna will be fixed onto, down to your bedroom, where you will be using the Cobra transceiver....When you have that distance,, use one end of the coax cable that goes into the base of the antenna, and the other end that goes into the rear of your Cobra...You will need to have a PL259 plug correctly soldered onto each end of the coax cable that goes to the antenna and the other end going into the Cobra..

Try not to have too much "spare" coax laying about.....For example, if the distance from the base of the antenna, into your Cobra is 50 feet, only use 53 feet of coax which will be ok if you want to move it around your bedroom within a small area, its important not to have too much extra lengths of coaxial cable laying about....And remember to use a very "low loss" coax cable :)..

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@TimeFlipper - The brand name of the 12-volt battery is Expert Power. And under "Initial Current" it says "Less than 2.10A" for both "Standby Use" and "Cycle Use". Does A stand for Amps? If not, what do you mean by "Amps"? Because I can't find anything else that would indicate the number of this unit. Also, I shouldn't have any trouble getting a separate antenna for car use, though I don't expect to be doing that, at least not any time soon.

As for the rest of your post, I will follow your advice as best as I can.

Mayhem

Zenith
In what way will you use the cb radio to contact aliens?

Have you been looking at certain things in preparation for when its installed?

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - The brand name of the 12-volt battery is Expert Power. And under "Initial Current" it says "Less than 2.10A" for both "Standby Use" and "Cycle Use". Does A stand for Amps? If not, what do you mean by "Amps"? Because I can't find anything else that would indicate the number of this unit. Also, I shouldn't have any trouble getting a separate antenna for car use, though I don't expect to be doing that, at least not any time soon.

As for the rest of your post, I will follow your advice as best as I can.

The battery you have purchased will be of little use to you as it only has a very small current supply (Amps)...The result will be that you will have to keep on charging up that battery after only a short amount of time that you are operating your CB transceiver...

@Einstein mentioned to you on page one of this thread that you will need a "mains power supply" for use in your bedroom, and i believe i also reminded you of that in one of our private conversations....However i do know that there was a lot of info thrown at you and its very easy to forget or overlook such things :oops: :D..

If you decide to keep your battery, although it will take upto 4 hours to charge up the battery each time it runs down (and you did say your father has a mains battery charger for 12 volts), then that is your decision..

However you could decide on buying an inexpensive 12volt mains power supply from the company that sold you the CB set, i remember checking their site to see if they had any 12 volt mains power supplies available, and they did...Its your decision :)..

As for the coaxial cable running down from the antenna to your bedroom, i gave you the best advice possible to get optimum results from your CB set, and it is very important to use "low loss coax cable"....

What that means is, very few people are aware that the coax lead from your CB set to the antenna actually does transmit out some of the energy from your CB set that "should be going directly into the antenna!"..

That is the meaning of "low loss coax cable", its insulated, and only lets out very small amounts of energy from your CB set being transmitted or "lost" from the coax cable, because the majority of the energy is now going directly into the antenna from your CB set...Just make certain that the "SWR" is at 1 to 1 as specified and explained in the CB set instruction book (y)..

Here endeth the TimeFlippers advice section on, "Getting The Best Results From Your CB Set"...TimeFlipper Fortior Gladius (Latin)(y):LOL:..

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Mayhem - I was planning on using the microphone that came with the CB set to try and contact aliens. I plan on just being myself.

@TimeFlipper - That's a lot of good advice you've got there. And I will read that post more in depth when I have more free time, including your comments about the 12 volt mains power supply, which I will look for in the near future.

Mayhem

Zenith
Any updates on your experiment.

How long will you work on it to contact aliens with this, i thought you might be using some sort of sound coding to send a message.

Can you clarify if you just going to send your voice out or have you another plan in mind.

To be honest i think your obsessed with this and obsession dosent always bring a clear mind.

They will choose to come to you not the other way round you going to them, but then you can find that out yourself.

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper have you achieved alien contact with your set ups over the years?

Good question my old friend...TBH i have never really used my amateur radio set ups to look solely for evidence of alien radio transmissions...
I prefer to experiment with radio frequencies that can allegedly relate to human consciousness and the correlation with time-travel..

However, back in 1974 there was an approximate 3 minute FM radio transmission on the 2.38Ghz frequency named Arecibo which sent out basic information about humanity and our Earth and was beamed into the globular star cluster known as M13, which was assumed as the most "likely" area to locate extra terrestrial life similar to ours, and also being the nearest star cluster..

Carl Sagan played a small part in that experiment, but it was never a "real experiment" as such, because the radio signal would have taken 25.000 years to reach its destination!!....I believe the intention behind the experiment was to show that people on Earth were interested in making dialogue with similar types of human beings within our universe....In 2001 there was allegedly a "reply" to the 1974 Arecibo Radio message, and i will be sending you a video clip regarding that message..

Next on the list is the alleged Alien "WOW" frequency of 1420.4556Mhz, which is virtually the resonant frequency of Hydrogen...
I will show two video clips on the WOW frequency, one clip explaining the nature of the WOW frequency, and the second clip showing its waveform and the sounds it makes...I would really like to see any members interpretation of that particular frequency...

So why did i suggest to @Classicalfan626 using a CB set in an attempt to interact with Aliens?...Firstly i believe that any extraterrestrial being that is capable of reaching our planet would be equipped with highly sophisticated wide-band radio receivers capable of receiving every radio signal on every frequency that human beings transmit on....The closest radio signal in distance to the ET`s craft (IMHO) would be immediately picked up, and located to its precise point of origin, for example a persons house and room...

Once ClassicalFan has his CB set operating, i will suggest to him that he uses a cheap Morse Code oscillator transmitting into the microphone and using a certain code in an attempt to reach an ET craft....It might not work immediately, but i feel that ClassicalFan will be patient enough to keep on going....Personally i might transmit and receive on that WOW frequency of 1420Mhz, even though it is illegal to do so...They would have a hard job locating the elusive TimeFlipper!! :LOL:...

BobbyBoyNYC

A friend of mine on this great forum site, @TimeFlipper, suggested I get a CB radio to use to contact aliens/UFOs. There are a lot of CB radios from Cobra up for sale on eBay, and many of them come with a microphone and a power cord. However, there's only one thing I'm unsure of: since I'm relatively unfamiliar with CB radios, I was wondering, is there such a thing as a radio of this type that can be plugged into a wall?

Any help provided will be appreciated.
Nearly all come with chargeable batteries, and the charger is plugged in to the wall. CB has very little range, a mile at most, so they are carried by families, hikers, outdoor sports events, construction workers, drivers in convoy, etc. for safety and for convenience. When you want more power, join your local Ham radio club abd look for an "Elmer", a seasoned veteran to show you the wonderful things amateur radio can do for you and others.

titorite

Nearly all come with chargeable batteries, and the charger is plugged in to the wall. CB has very little range, a mile at most, so they are carried by families, hikers, outdoor sports events, construction workers, drivers in convoy, etc. for safety and for convenience. When you want more power, join your local Ham radio club abd look for an "Elmer", a seasoned veteran to show you the wonderful things amateur radio can do for you and others.

Shoot , thats what im sayin. Plug in that amp hook up that whip or tower and ride the night but classicfan is doing something else with his set up and who knows.

I check up this thread time to time hoping to hear about some contact.