Committee of Correspondance

sosuemetoo

I am moving this partial thread from JT predictions because it split up into an interesting topic.

What will we do if something happens? This has been bantered about several months now by members, mostly in the chat room. I'd like to continue seeing opinions on this topic here.

Snow

Me too sosue. I don't think knowing where someone is on the map will do us much good in a ######-storm. I think we should be doing something a little more real.

Snow

Snow

Ok LOL Jedi! - Well, we are working on an idea that doesn't have any of those agendas! I really do appreciate you making your position clear even if it is couched in mild ridicule.

Thanks for the heads up.

Snow

edit: those infernal typos

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by JediStryker@Nov 2 2004, 01:34 PM
What might happen that you think you can prepare for? Are you going to stockpile weapons and stage a coup if Bush wins another contested election? If Kerry eats the Constitution for breakfast outside the White House, are you going to stockpile canned goods and move into the woods?

Uhh, gee this seems a bit extreme lol

Remember the words of Titor: Find 5 friends within 100 miles that you would trust with your life?

We may not be within 100 miles away from one another on this forum, but would you agree you have friends?

Think Network! Not weapons and canned goods!

>:D< Mom

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by JediStryker@Nov 2 2004, 02:03 PM
I was also seriously curious as to what types of situations you would be looking for, and what the reaction would be. So if someone sees some soldiers in DC beating a protestor, will that person call everyone to let them know? Will we chain the message along? And then what? If we're going to take this step, are we going to take the next logical one as well? An underground news network would invariably lead to an underground rebellion, unless you're content to sit on your ass and listen to the country go to hell over the telephone.

I'm not sure. I just moved the thread and asked that they continue discussing it.

I'm interested in seeing what they are proposing. It sounded like a network of sorts. It also sounded like they wanted to be prepared.

I'm going to get out of the way and watch what the results are.

"Mom"

BrandonwasWrong

For me the very fact that there are some like minded people out there is comforting. Knowing that if there are people here that would be willing to stand up for the rights and life we should be living, than there must be more around here who feel the same. You're right though. This seems like an easy topic to talk about, but a much much much harder one to do anything about.

Underground news source? Why not?

Cornelia

While I think that nothing will happen, Kerry will win with an evident majority, and we will soon be here to kiss goodbye to Jt prophecies and witnessing people slowing losing interest in our forum ( :cry: ), I'm here to remind you that all my beloved friends from TTF have a safe haven in my spare room here in Rome.
But of course, one of the beds is always reserved for the Pope (shark sound...).

StarLord

If thats the case Cornelia, you will have to be honest and move the 25 pairs of shoes under that bed.... :)

Darkwolf

Originally posted by Timescholar@Nov 2 2004, 11:08 AM
I'm still holding out on the fact that nothing will happen. 12pm, and not many problems seem be reported.

We won't start seeing problems till tomorrow or the next day, when people can file suit after suit.