Committee of Correspondance

Darkwolf

Ok, I already see a problem. The Yahoo pole watch is showing Bush way ahead on popular vote, but Kerry leading the electoral 77 to 66.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by sosuemetoo@Nov 2 2004, 06:53 PM

We may not be within 100 miles away from one another on this forum, but would you agree you have friends?

Think Network! Not weapons and canned goods!

>:D< Mom

Just what I have been trying to say. Thank you.

Darkwolf

Aaannnnnnndddd fizzle. Bush wins, Kerry seems to being alot more gracious than I gave him credit for. Well, I for one am not quite ready to stop worrying yet. How bout you guys.

Snow

Playing out the possiblities in my head. I'm sure there is some backdoor plan forthcoming Kerry if he can find a basis. He can always sue.

Sigh . . .

Ralan

British media has given up on Kerry. We've been shown live footage from across the US, all the people being interviewed seem to be saying they are disappointing in their own country for re-voting the "monster". The clear message we are getting is that Bush has won the election.

There have been a few special reports today already. One showed the distraught faces of many city dwellers across the country. It mentionned that it seems that urban Americans are those who seem to take more note of Bush's evils, while rural Americans in general support him. That is probably what won him swinger states like Idaho.

Another report truly reflected the general British resent for Bush and his 'world domination' motives. It was a national news report on the tagged "9/11 Election", a short, live report on how it seems America has voted because of Bush's fear tactic propaganda for the more militant president who will protect it from imagined fears rather than the president more likely to run it well and save its failing economy.

A running documentary at the moment over here on the BBC called 'The Fear of Nightmares' covers the links between the links between the Bush and Bin Laden families and George Bush's neo-conservative approach to government.

Ralan

Kerry's graciousness seems a little too suspicious for me. Hopefully he knows something we don't?

Sure we are friends here. But do we trust each other with our lives? As a 'non-adult' member living in the UK I am the most likely to completely lose contact with you guys if the internet were to 'go down', although I don't see how can America could shut the whole thing down when the rest of the world uses and supports it as well?

CaryP

Sure we are friends here. But do we trust each other with our lives? As a 'non-adult' member living in the UK I am the most likely to completely lose contact with you guys if the internet were to 'go down', although I don't see how can America could shut the whole thing down when the rest of the world uses and supports it as well?

Ralan,

Where are you getting that the internet will go down? Or that the US will attempt to shut it down? The disruption to financial markets and the banking system alone would be catastrophic on a global scale. Not to mention all of the other commerce that goes over the net. Am I missing something Ralan? I know that Indymedia had its servers taken by authorities in Europe, US and south America and that site got shut down for a while, but the entire internet? I'd have to see that to believe it.

Not trying to argue with you. I just don't know where you're getting that. Any links?

Thanks pal.

Cary

Ralan

scififan Quote:

I agree. I think we need to have a serious discussion incase the worst case scenario does happen. If the net, or even this forum was to go down, we need a way to communicate with each other, don't ya think? Yeah Brandon, better safe than sorry.

Judge Bean

"That is probably what won him swinger states like Idaho." --Ralan

There's a lot of things you can call Idaho, but...

What the rest of the world doesn't get about Americans is their vast capacity for shame, their refusal to admit a shameful error, their denial of wrongdoing once the wrong is done and we're committed to it. Kerry ran on the subconscious "I am the Ghost of Vietnam Past" ticket-- something we'd prefer to forget. You knew he was in trouble when he had to be both for and against that "war."

Given the choice between admitting enormous, fatal mistakes, and waving the flag, Americans (unlike the British, who seem to expect a share of shame for some reason)

will wave

the flag