Corona Virus

TimeFlipper

the coronavirus is patented and when you patent a man made virus you have to have a cure and they not letting it out its patented in the uk and how it got to china makes me wonder if they in some kind of secret agreement with its creators to help over populate control china ,

Try and find the resonant frequency of that virus cobber...Obviously you know what we can do, if you do find that frequency!! :eek: (y)..

Negan

THE member
Truthfully, I have no big concern. We survived the bird flu, the pig flu. We'll survive this. As long as you're not in a "at risk" group, you should be fine. I think it's being blown out of proportion as "scary news sells".

start at edge

Scientists programmed artificial intelligence to play GO and unconditionally win.
Shouldn’t they focus on programming the same AI to come up with a curing solution for corona virus? (I assume it would take significantly less time than it took becoming a GO champion)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Started approx. beginning of March:

Fever, mild asthma, tired. Ended.

Week break. Fine.

Then, got a full fledged "flu" despite vaccine, before cases in FL were found. Bad asthma. Teledoc offered predisone but I refused due to
insomnia side effect. Albuterol inhalers and hot tea saved me. Also took Tamiflu.

After that ended, my nose started running. So, assumed it is/was allergies.

Now, 99.9 fever and tired again. Achey. A little dripping in back of nose. No sign of sinus infection. No asthma. Some
dry coughing in the evening.

Decision time. If I am not dying, do I BOTHER to call the health department? My state said we should call them before we see
a doctor if we are sick. But what's the point? I probably can't afford it because I have an $8000 deductible, so I cannot go to the
ER or a hospital, anyway. I'm not even going to quarantine. My kids need new shoes. Moms don't get sick days.

So, maybe I just caught a cold on top of all that? What would you do? Call? Ignore?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Truthfully, I have no big concern. We survived the bird flu, the pig flu. We'll survive this. As long as you're not in a "at risk" group, you should be fine. I think it's being blown out of proportion as "scary news sells".

Fake news is destroying the economy.

I'm not worried about dying at all. More concerned about money.

start at edge

Started approx. beginning of March:

Fever, mild asthma, tired. Ended.

Week break. Fine.

Then, got a full fledged "flu" despite vaccine, before cases in FL were found. Bad asthma. Teledoc offered predisone but I refused due to
insomnia side effect. Albuterol inhalers and hot tea saved me. Also took Tamiflu.

After that ended, my nose started running. So, assumed it is/was allergies.

Now, 99.9 fever and tired again. Achey. A little dripping in back of nose. No sign of sinus infection. No asthma. Some
dry coughing in the evening.

Decision time. If I am not dying, do I BOTHER to call the health department? My state said we should call them before we see
a doctor if we are sick. But what's the point? I probably can't afford it because I have an $8000 deductible, so I cannot go to the
ER or a hospital, anyway. I'm not even going to quarantine. My kids need new shoes. Moms don't get sick days.

So, maybe I just caught a cold on top of all that? What would you do? Call? Ignore?
That is a great point you’re making there !!!
You’re perfectly right – the immense majority of us (regular people) have as their main concern daily living (surviving, in many cases).
I don’t know if there is some advice I could provide. I do not know how the coronavirus situation evolved there, but I assume that if it is in the center of attention (and it seems it is), there must be a way to have a check done free of charge (a check specifically for coronavirus). The main and most important thing is to KNOW if you’re infected with this specific virus or with something else. From that point, it is much better known what to do. I sincerely wish that in your case it is just a regular cold.
As prevention methods, I can only quote what I recently saw on the internet. It seems that zinc (Zn) manages to destroy the virus that entered a healthy cell. Though, it is difficult to get zinc inside the cell, because it is in fact Zn2+ (a positive ion) and as far as I understood, the cell membrane does not allow ions to break through. However, I saw a lot of recommendations that encourage people to have a rich Zn nutrition (either way, it can not do any harm if not ingested in exaggerated proportions) from natural products. Here are some of them: cocoa (dark chocolate), peanuts, liver, red beans, green peas, kefir (yogurt), tuna fish, mushrooms, egg yolk. Basically, it is best to have your body as well prepared as possible. A vaccine would be perfect indeed, but it did not came out anywhere, only promises from some scientist teams that managed to put something together in this sense, but it can take even up to 90 days for testing before released to the public.
Here where I live, the situation is somehow alarming, because two days ago there were 12 cases reported (nationwide) and now there are 50. So, some severe measures started to be taken – schools closed, gatherings above 100 people prohibited (Easter church religious service, for example), air and terrestrial traffic drastically reduced, prolonged quarantine for infected suspects (more than 14 days), etc.
All that we (regular people) can do, is to keep updated with information and take the best measures we are able, especially proper hygiene and avoiding as much as possible direct contact with other people.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I emailed the health department with questions.

They said:

• my primary doctor would determine if I need a test
  • those without symptoms would not be tested (I don't have the asthma anymore)
  • offices without kits can get them from the health department (so it isn't Trump's fault if they don't have any)

If I keep getting a fever, I'll probably have my doctor check for a sinus infection. I honestly think I already got this thing.
It does exist in my area and people fly back and forth to Florida constantly.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Though, it is difficult to get zinc inside the cell, because it is in fact Zn2+ (a positive ion) and as far as I understood, the cell membrane does not allow ions to break through. However, I saw a lot of recommendations that encourage people to have a rich Zn nutrition (either way, it can not do any harm if not ingested in exaggerated proportions) from natural products. Here are some of them: cocoa (dark chocolate), peanuts, liver, red beans, green peas, kefir (yogurt), tuna fish, mushrooms, egg yolk. Basically, it is best to have your body as well prepared as possible.

I think I had it in the beginning of the month before my state was testing. Had a BAD respiratory virus, but I had albuterol inhalers, hot tea, and was a little active (being a mom). I think not laying around helps the lungs.

Also, my diet is rich in Zinc -- I eat a lot of eggs, beans, peas, etc... so it probably helped me, however, I still have "something".....
I may go get evaluated for a sinus infection or at least track down this random fever. I just hate going to the doctor because I often pick up something else while I'm there.