Corona Virus

Kairos

It's pandemic right now. Dictionary definition thereof. I think WHO said this morning that they abolished the word pandemic. You can't have a pandemic if you don't allow yourselves to use the word..

TimeFlipper

It's pandemic right now. Dictionary definition thereof. I think WHO said this morning that they abolished the word pandemic. You can't have a pandemic if you don't allow yourselves to use the word..

WHO declared a, "Global Emergency" this morning...WHO has made no mention of abolishing the word Pandemic (perhaps that is your own interpretation), the US state department has declared a "level 4 warning"....Therfore from information released today, there is nothing to suggest the World is in a Pandemic state at this present moment in time...

Kairos

WHO declared a, "Global Emergency" this morning...WHO has made no mention of abolishing the word Pandemic (perhaps that is your own interpretation), the US state department has declared a "level 4 warning"....Therfore from information released today, there is nothing to suggest the World is in a Pandemic state at this present moment in time...

“I have spoken consistently about the need for facts, not fear,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press briefing Monday. “Using the word ‘pandemic’ now does not fit the facts, but it may certainly cause fear.”

Except it literally is a pandemic now. Dictionary definition thereof. There exists community spread on at least three continents now. They want to claim it's a "global emergency" so that they don't cause "fear", and by "fear" they mean threaten the globalist trade system.

TimeFlipper

Except it literally is a pandemic now. Dictionary definition thereof. There exists community spread on at least three continents now. They want to claim it's a "global emergency" so that they don't cause "fear", and by "fear" they mean threaten the globalist trade system.

You have the right to your own opinions, personally I will only take notice of WHO, and when "they" declare that its a Pandemic!..

Kairos

You have the right to your own opinions, personally I will only take notice of WHO, and when "they" declare that its a Pandemic!..

I would not take the opinion of the WHO seriously for a matter as trivial as calculating the area under a curve. Firstly. Secondly, a pandemic -- quite literally -- is an epidemic on more than one continent. We are in a coronavirus pandemic right now. It doesn't matter how much wordsmithing the bureaucrats at the WHO engage in. Changing the meanings of words does not change reality.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Pandemic will be announced March 1st or 2nd.

President just denied that live. He said we have it under control. Of course, they don't want panic and do not want stocks crashing and such. That would be bad for everybody, not just them.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Good news --- I'm down to mild cold like symptoms. Last day of Tamiflu. So, I guess it was the flu if it was cured in under a week.
Man, it was bad, though. Glad I already had a stash of inhalers. Now, my kids are telling me of all the teachers and staff that are getting it at school. The odd part is that it isn't hitting children very hard. The adults are being reamed like a train wreck.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
How to shrink the middle class: Make healthcare, especially the ER, unaffordable with $8000+ deductibles. Then, release deadly virus.

Face with thermometer