Democratic Woes

jcolanzi

Sorry. I've been taking a lot of hits myself.

I'm a man without a side.

The liberals are in their own funky haze and the Trump supporters have become so caught up in the frenzy, they ignore some of the issues that are important.

No worries.

Liberals associate with identity politics and many won't listen to reason.

I'll give you an example. I try really hard to be positive. I comment on some of Trump's tweets in a positive manner and show my support and then people come along and call me "brainwashed" and "loony", etc. So, I'll start defending myself and Trump. The arguments end up becoming a game. The only time I lash out at someone is if they INSULT Mr. Trump (or myself) rather than using facts and logic to express their opposition. Many have made death threats and have said terrible things to him. I've had only a few intelligent debates on there and even lost one regarding charcoal plants (basically because I don't know much about them), but I accepted defeat and told the guy I learned something that day. THAT'S how debates should be. I see too often people who don't know how to react to a FACT that negates their point of view and BAM...instant insult..... and honestly, I personally see more of that type of behavior from younger folks. Trying to explain my point of view leads to more insults.

So, why do I bother trying to debate? 1. Republicans do not have to be silent. Freedom of speech also applies to us. 2. I feel we SHOULD defend those people we support. 3. It's sometimes fun. LOL....

Anyway, if I seem defensive, that's why, but my MEME was not aimed at anyone in particular here, I promise!

Paula,

Thought you might enjoy this.

Khaos

where the wild things are
@Khaos - Yes, Bush was Republican, but was not "conservative". Being Republican does not always equal being "conservative". Take a good look at John McCain and Lindsey Graham. They are not "conservative". Dubya, McCain, and Lindsey Graham are almost exactly the opposite of what Reagan was in many ways.

Ah well my mistake then.

jcolanzi

@Khaos - Yes, Bush was Republican, but was not "conservative". Being Republican does not always equal being "conservative". Take a good look at John McCain and Lindsey Graham. They are not "conservative". Dubya, McCain, and Lindsey Graham are almost exactly the opposite of what Reagan was in many ways.

Ah well my mistake then.

There's no difference between Republicans and Democrats. They're both part of the two party tyranny.

That's why we need election reform to give a voice to the 37% Americans that don't vote because they aren't represented by either party.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Ah well my mistake then.

There's no difference between Republicans and Democrats. They're both part of the two party tyranny.

That's why we need election reform to give a voice to the 37% Americans that don't vote because they aren't represented by either party.

I actually do agree with this. It's a real shame that the independent party doesn't get a chance to run because nobody wants to "waste" a vote and vote for them in the primaries. They should allow 3 people to run for president, not two.

jcolanzi

Ah well my mistake then.

I actually do agree with this. It's a real shame that the independent party doesn't get a chance to run because nobody wants to "waste" a vote and vote for them in the primaries. They should allow 3 people to run for president, not two.

Not just the Independent party. There should be parties that cater to the specific needs of a state or local area. The Democrats and Republicans have shown how bullying keeps fresh ideas out and keeps them and their elite masters in control.

Different areas have different needs

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Not just the Independent party. There should be parties that cater to the specific needs of a state or local area. The Democrats and Republicans have shown how bullying keeps fresh ideas out and keeps them and their elite masters in control.

Holland has something like that. You actually vote for an entire party there, and there are multiple.

jcolanzi

Holland has something like that. You actually vote for an entire party there, and there are multiple.

We need to change something.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

We need to change something.

After seeing years of our own government attacking itself over and over, it's definitely far from perfect.