Do you believe in hell?

HDRKID

Often, so called Christians will tell me that a good God could never torture any one. Remember that you do not judge God... God judges you. Christians need to read their bibles some more.

roll_eyes44.gif

Matthew 25
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was as hungry, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee as hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
"Do you believe in hell?"

Good question. As a Christian, I am told it exists, but the Christian God is supposed to be forgiving, so why would he send people to hell?

Another consideration -- there is plus/minus, positive/negative, yin/yang, hot/cold... so why wouldn't there be a hell?

I don't want to try to find out, though. LOL.

Itgoeson

NO ... any more than the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy ... just an imaginary place based on FEAR to control the masses.
Consider an alternative theory contrary to the 'story' told in the bible.
What if the Devil [the bad guy] won the fight in heaven and cast 'god' [the good guy] down to earth. Consider the billions of lives destroyed in the name of 'god' to the hand-full in the name of the devil ? Makes even more sense if you consider the devil feeds on souls - and what could be more satisfying than the souls of good men who have done evil deeds in god's name?

OddShotz

I've had some very dark dreams where it seems like some external force is prying it's way into my sleep-consciousness to manipulate me into doing something bad, or hurtful or have me try to embarrass someone in my dream. The effect is always to fool, hurt or humiliate and I always wake from these particular dreams feeling as if I've been invaded. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I've read some interesting NDE's about hell. Here's a few...

4 Creepy Visions of Hell From Real Near Death Experiences

TnWatchdog

"Do you believe in hell?"

Good question. As a Christian, I am told it exists, but the Christian God is supposed to be forgiving, so why would he send people to hell?

Another consideration -- there is plus/minus, positive/negative, yin/yang, hot/cold... so why wouldn't there be a hell?

I don't want to try to find out, though. LOL.
Your first paragraph...mankind was given free choice...believe or not believe, thus controlling your own destiny.

Your second paragraph...I agree, as the list of opposites goes on and on. Good-evil, saint-sinner, angel-devil, and heaven-hell.

Itgoeson

I find it amazing that so many people live their whole lives in fear of something imagined - not real - that originated no-doubt, from a tragic thought-bubble from a village story-teller thousands of years ago [their own type of travelling internet] who was trying to scare the village children, and when it 'worked' kept repeating it village after village on his travels.[ just like the recycled crap on the internet ]
What is it in the human ego that we are attracted to imagined sinister beliefs ?
How can a simple horror story without any fact [except fear] behind it live on and on for thousands of years ?
Could it be that our lives are so boring we crave some form of imagined enemy [bogie-man] - [hell] to fear - now we no-longer have any natural enemies ?
Could it be an un-conscious thought 'triggered' by our strong survival gene in our DNA ? If such a ridiculous 'hell' story was 'invented' today we would all immediately know it was rubbish and not give it a second thought. It proves one thing - insidious beliefs destroy our quality of life from within [ wars prove that ].
Recycled lies that are so deep-seated and strong people are fearful to even secretly reject them - just-in-case they may be punished after they die ???? How pathetic is that - unless it proves we are so desperate to keep living we think we will have a spiritual after-life that can be tormented eternally. An option that is preferable to non-existence. Both lies reinforces the other. How clever were those ancient story-tellers ? How much damage can a simple children's horror story cause ?
I feel so sorry for the billions trapped in such a tragic seemingly endless-loop - when the answer to have inner peace is so simple - have the courage to break the bonds by changing our minds - then laugh - the light will suddenly come on.