Do you think Twitter might close down?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm all for the free expression of ideas and opinions. I think Musk is too. He just has to come up with a plan to weed out the true trolls just there to disrupt. Perhaps an initial probation period to verify a users bank account. Then a hefty fine for egregious misbehavior.

Like the troll that gave away free insulin posing as the manufacturer. Maybe a 10 million dollar fine for that one.

Wind7

Staff
I tried FB once and didn't like it so I have no real, long-term experience with this kind of social media.

Aren't there rules of any kind as far as keeping within a certain parameter of discipline with these places??
If so....Who moderates? Algorithm or real people?

Is it people whom think they're entitled to not have to follow rules citing free speech agenda
which inevitably allows these Trolls to reign free?

Is it JUST trolls?

Since it's conception, What has gone wrong with Twitter??

It just sounds like such a hot mess to me.

Wind7

Staff
I'm all for the free expression of ideas and opinions. I think Musk is too. He just has to come up with a plan to weed out the true trolls just there to disrupt. Perhaps an initial probation period to verify a users bank account. Then a hefty fine for egregious misbehavior.

Like the troll that gave away free insulin posing as the manufacturer. Maybe a 10 million dollar fine for that one.

Yikes!! No Kidding! (Jaw on floor)

o_O

Beholder

Big companies are all about prestige, so they will never admit defeat and close, even if their main server runs on a broken mobile phone that is used by former social media addicts to call in overdoses of bird chirps and books with faces in the park.

Wind7

Staff
Big companies are all about prestige, so they will never admit defeat and close, even if their main server runs on a broken mobile phone that is used by former social media addicts to call in overdoses of bird chirps and books with faces in the park.

Which is exactly why I will never use their services.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
No, it won't shut down. He can declare a loss on his taxes. He also hasn't officially launced his subscription service. Twitter Blue isn't really it. But I do still think the government has their hand in the cookie jar when it comes to the heavy censorship.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I disagree with your first statement because I am shut down for no reason.

MODAT7

Do you think it might be the end of the social network? How likely such a huge site is to shut down?
If it does go down, another will pop up to take its place... maybe even open sourced. It's a popular enough platform, and it's not really technologically advanced, except for the troll bots.

I just feel for the employees.
I wouldn't feel too bad. If the programmers and admins are any good, they'll get new troll and ogre jobs at another company... often with a higher salary.

Posing as a healthcare company and posting like that is already highly illegal. If the person can be identified, they'll be in court.

Aren't there rules of any kind as far as keeping within a certain parameter of discipline with these places??
If so....Who moderates? Algorithm or real people?
Terms Of Service, and yes.

Since it's conception, What has gone wrong with Twitter??

It just sounds like such a hot mess to me.
1) Scene whores who have no life but suddenly feel like they're someone, and then they start causing drama with others because they can hide behind the keyboard. This is pretty much true for any social media. It ruins it for a lot of people. 2) Yes.

Our dearest Paula was catogorized as an anti government trouble maker, so she was shadow banned. If the rest of us signed up for twitter and posted what we have on these forums, it wouldn't be long before we would be banned, too... maybe even the first day. I used to described myself as small government conservative (maybe partial libertarian as I really don't fit in anywhere), but now I consider myself more of a peaceful anarchist since it's the cabal governments causing most of the problems in the world and getting people killed. If I posted that previous sentence, I doubt I'd last an hour under twit's current system.