Earth Battery Experiment

thenumbersix

Re: Earth Battery Experiment

Bernard,

nice research. There is certainly a lot out there and reading some of the early century experiments with ground radio is fascinating. Even though some of the explanations of what they were doing sometimes seems to lack some understanding, in itself very novel, I believe there is definitely something there, they were pioneers of the science of electricity.

Over unity or free energy sites, many if not all of them lead to a dead end. Some of the principles make interesting reading and I do believe there is an answer somewhere but there are a hell of a lot of cranks peddling snake oil out there...

Personally, I will hold out on calling it zero point energy as, so far, it follows conventional physics, we may be able to draw energy from it but it must come from somewhere....

Which leads to Faradys discovery of the single plate in a magnetic field, we have an iron molten core moving in a magnetic field for miles below us. One point I gleaned from the reading is apparently the greater the difference in height of the ground the greater the potential difference, which fits perfectly, what kind of voltages would a mountain pull ? :D

Timebender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
Bernard,
Which leads to Faradys discovery of the single plate in a magnetic field, we have an iron molten core moving in a magnetic field for miles below us. One point I gleaned from the reading is apparently the greater the difference in height of the ground the greater the potential difference, which fits perfectly, what kind of voltages would a mountain pull ? :D[/b]

Six,
I'm impressed by your tenacity and open-mindedness. I am also awed by your desire to reproduce those ancient (potato) experiments to better your own view of the process. You are likely to do more than I ever imagined and I will be looking forward to your experiments as they unfold.

As for the parallel experiments, I am still willing and able, but I will be making a geographic change asap. My doctor informed me I should move to a lower altitude as soon as possible to delay an impending medical malady. On top of the family member who expired only days ago, I am heeding the warning with both eyes open.

That said, my pending re-location might prove worthy of noting if I am to record the soil differences between where I am and where I shall be. I think that soil structure could be a definitive factor in the Earth Battery experiments.

The soils where my initial experiments were conducted are very granular and composed of granite and silicon primarily with a mix of biologically active material binding the mix. It is considered well draining soil around here. Approximately 14-18 inches below grade clay type soils can be found which are virtually biologically inert. 4-6 inches beyond this the soil returns to it's granular and eventually sandy form.

The water table beneath the areas tested has a moving body of water between 150 feet to 190 feet underground. This is the auquifer that supplies our well. Though I believe that this underground auquifer can indeed enhance the effects that I and now you have witnessed, I do not think it is a requirement for conduction of Earth Energy. All of my experiments were conducted over 7000 feet above sea level.

I will soon (within a month) be moving to Kansas which is at a much lower altitude. The soils are also primarily of a limestone base and the degree of agriculture may require that future experiments take place several feet deeper than my initial research. These are merely suppositions on my part and I will keep you informed when I get settled.

I would be interested to know the soil configurations specific to the experiments that you have performed as well as your local altitude. I can only hope to enjoy the same success as my previous experiments in a lower altitude with the recent postulations.

Good luck and talk to you as I can,
TB

JDC

This is very interesting. I have been able to get a current from normal tap water (0.015v on average) using two pieces of copper tubing. It sounds like using different metals would create even more. I have been playing around with hydrogen generation and was thinking of using a solar cell to power it. The problem is, the sun isn?t always out. This ground battery may be an option if it can produce 12v consistently. So far it appears that 12v at 2a works best with the set up I have. I will stay tuned to your experiments to see what happens.

Bernard

Hi there thenumbersix,

The early century experiments are particularly important I think because they were not tied down to the newer laws of physics. they were much more open minded and yes sometimes nieve but my understanding now of physical reality and science is that the laws of physics and chemistry is based on a conscenous of opinion. Repeatable experiments that others can reproduce, I am beginging to think in my old age that nothing is totally inclusive or exclusive.

I think somewhere in particle physics that they have discovered that experiments tend to produce what the experimenter is expecting to find. Therefore, nothing can be totally inclusive or exclusive and as such can no longer be a law. It is an approximation. My view anyway.

Yes there ar a lot of peddlers of snake oil out there and it is possible that these patents have been drawn up but, there, to my mind, has been a lot of suppression of these ideas. Can you imagine the consequences if only one of these inventions were true!

The more I see the more I think we are kept like sheep for fleecing. (Must be the weather in the UK):)

Iam sorry, I must have given the impression that i was looking for something that broke all physical laws. Zero Point energy for instance or something for nothing. Nothing is further than the truth, I think that science in its straight jacket and clever mathematical and unifiying process has either not found another physical phenomina because it has rounded something up to make it nice neat and tidy. really why they call themselves scientists when they are obviously so concerned with their own status that they cannot keep an open mind long enough to look really gets to me.

Again as I said before, a closed mind will only find what it seeks and an open mind will also find what it seeks. We create opportunity or we close ourselves in behind fences of our own making. Equally it could be argued that we create our own downfall by being open minded but if you look back over history you will see the critics are never remembered....it is only the pioneers who break new ground.

It is also sad to say that genius is very often ridiculed while the person is alive and are only recognised as geniuses in later generations. Yet, it is they who move society forward.

Perhaps I have generalised to much by calling it zero point energy, I thought physists had found that particles appear and disappear in a vacumn? They at least theorise this to be true, (I think)......Lets just say there is a tip of an iceburg there that science hasn't quite latched onto yet.]

I have read that the earth is one great big electromagnet with electric currents flowing throught the core. I have also read that the higher you go the greater the potential difference. the question is how much current can you draw? Simply following conventional physics which applies to everyday electrical items then you need something in the order of 250 volts at a current of 30 Amps to supply a house with everything turned on. (Not forgetting this has to be an a.c. current and voltage. UK mains voltage.)

Oh, I forgot to say last time to becareful with LED's. Put too much voltage and current through them and they blow quite spectacularly....Wear Goggles! The current should always be limited to 30 milliamps. If you know the voltage of your battery or source deduct the voltage of the LED from that source and divide the remaining voltage by 0.030 A....30 milliAmps. This will give the value of the series resistor that you need to connect in series with the LED to limit the current. Another point is that LEDS are apparently static sensitive. Simply means you need to ground yourself through a high resistance wrist strap while connecting up the LED to remove static generated while working with the LED. Remove the wrist strap when working with high voltages!!!!! It qwould be wise to connect a high value resistor accross the LED and possibly a Zener diode of a higher voltage than the LED when wiring up. Yhis is before you connect to the battery because the diode will still be open to static charges until a circuit is formed That is why the high value resistor.....it provides a discharge path for static.....the zenner diode limits the voltage accross the LED to a safe level. It is also very wise to place a switch and a fuse in series with the circuit you build. I do not know if you have seen what happens when you connect even a normal 5 amp rated wire across a car battery? it gets red hot very very quickly and will burn you (and the insulation), if you are holding the wire.

A WORD OF WARNING TO OTHERS LESS EXPERIENCED.

I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU DO NOT TRY PUTTING A WIRE DIRECTLY ACROSS ANY BATTERY ESPECIALLY LEAD ACID OR RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES SUCH AS NI_CADS.

The internal resistance is very low and therefore, the battery can produce very large currents. This means gasing with batteries which would not only lead to a potential fire but an explosion! Funnily enough I have seen a car battery explode, a wire connected to a car radio go up in smoke too....It is not on my list of things to see again.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF, BEING SAFE ISN'T SISSY, YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED LIFE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SEE PROPERLY.....I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT ONCE YOU LOOSE YOUR EYSIGHT IN AN ACCIDENT IT IS GONE FOR GOOD. WHAT IS MORE, EVEN PARTIALLY SIGHTED IS A RIGHT PAIN IN THE BUM.

YES! YOU GUESS RIGHT; I HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME TOO. LUCKILY NOT FROM AN ACCIDENT BUT DUE TO ILLNESS....SEEING DOUBLE YOU CANNOT JUDGE DISTANCE OR ANYTHING, YOU CANNOT DRIVE ...YOU CANNOT EVEN SEE TO WALK PROPERLY, THE LIST IS ENDLESS...YOU DO NOT FIND OUT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE AND SORRY DOESN'T WORK.

Going back to batteries.

Even a discharged zinc battery can be a fire hazzard... in combination with very fine wire .....if you ever get into a lab with a physics teacher ask him to show you what wire wool can do when even a gas lighter or petrol lighter flame is used to light it.......Use Tongs!!!! and only use only a small piece! It is much like when a teacher demonstrates a piece of magnesium when ignited in a flame. Except the wire wool will not be as bright but will go up like brush wood or very dry grass. producing some very hot metal!

Again something on my not to see list again.

I am sorry for the warnings but others much younger and even more inexperienced may try to do these things. Remember as a child when you were told not to do something?...What was the first thing you did? So for anyone who is sure that they want to do these things it will be on your own head......YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.......REMEMBER......SORRY DOES NOT WORK. YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. If you are ever in any doubt at all ask someone who knows first and even then be supper safe. Even if someone says yeah that should be ok ....the thing is that you have never experienced it before and how you will react.

I cannot tell you how many times I have frightened the sh*t out of myself, I have lost count.

Bernard

Comes with age I suppose

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
Bernard,

nice research. There is certainly a lot out there and reading some of the early century experiments with ground radio is fascinating. Even though some of the explanations of what they were doing sometimes seems to lack some understanding, in itself very novel, I believe there is definitely something there, they were pioneers of the science of electricity.

Over unity or free energy sites, many if not all of them lead to a dead end. Some of the principles make interesting reading and I do believe there is an answer somewhere but there are a hell of a lot of cranks peddling snake oil out there...

Personally, I will hold out on calling it zero point energy as, so far, it follows conventional physics, we may be able to draw energy from it but it must come from somewhere....

Which leads to Faradys discovery of the single plate in a magnetic field, we have an iron molten core moving in a magnetic field for miles below us. One point I gleaned from the reading is apparently the greater the difference in height of the ground the greater the potential difference, which fits perfectly, what kind of voltages would a mountain pull ? :D[/b]

thenumbersix

JDC,

hi, glad to see more people joining in on this. Have a good read through the thread, all info. and good resources posted by genuine experimenters and interests alike.

Think of your tap water as the medium for transferance, anything that can 'carry' particles will do by the looks of it. The limit on each cell is about 2v so each cell needs connecting in series to create the higher voltage, you will get the 12v that you're looking for.

Also have noticed how most things are transformed down to 12 or 6 volt to run. The reason we have 240 volt is cos it is the lowest voltage that will carry over distance through a metal medium...

TB,

thanks man and I wish you good health in these times my friend ..

interesting stuff to mull over from all, just gone in from a what is turning out ot be a long night from my friends party, catch you all in the morning, sleep is taking over ;)

JDC

Thanks #6, We, over here on the other side of the pond, use 110v for most household items and only have 220v for larger items like ovens or A/C units. Anyway, I will spend some more time looking through the links you have provided.

Thanks

virtualgirl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
VG,
Here's the complicated version for you, in case you decide to get some advanced degrees:
Get a potato
Stick a wire in one end of the potato
Stick a wire in the other end of the potato
Use a meter (or a small light bulb - {christmas light?}) to see the current!

This will also work with electrolytic solutions other than potato juice (lemons, oranges, apples)

Harte

Harte[/b]

Harte
I've actually taken electronics. However, we did not have a potato in our studies. I think that was alittle hateful of you. When I ask a question, I'm genuinely curious. I'm sorry that I'm not the rocket scientist that you are. You know, I think you spend too much time on the computer. You might need to go out into the world and work on your people skills.

Bernard

Hi Virtualgirl,

Nice to see you here.

If you read my last reply to numbersix you will see that I was lost to as to how qualified and how much experience that numbersix has. My impression is that he is about twenty maybe a little more.

I may be totally wrong but when explaining something then it is all too easy to miss their intelectual capacity and experience. So it is better to explain things on a simpler level that is more often than not uneccesary.

It is also useful to put it in simplistic terms for others who are younger and less experienced to follow.... I am sure he did not mean to talk down to you. Besides which if he saw you in the flesh I am sure you would bowl him over.

Bernard

Trying to create more understanding in the world.:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
Harte
I've actually taken electronics. However, we did not have a potato in our studies. I think that was alittle hateful of you. When I ask a question, I'm genuinely curious. I'm sorry that I'm not the rocket scientist that you are. You know, I think you spend too much time on the computer. You might need to go out into the world and work on your people skills.[/b]

virtualgirl

numbersix,

THANK YOU!!! See, now I get it. That's cool. I just needed it explained to me.

:) Virtualgirl

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
Harte
I've actually taken electronics. However, we did not have a potato in our studies. I think that was alittle hateful of you. When I ask a question, I'm genuinely curious. I'm sorry that I'm not the rocket scientist that you are. You know, I think you spend too much time on the computer. You might need to go out into the world and work on your people skills.[/b]

I'm sorry VG, I didn't mean that as a knock on you, more like a knock on the idea that getting voltage from a potato is some miraculous, novel thing.

This potato thing is another example of a galvanic cell, which since you took electronics I'm sure you're aware of. It is the reason you have sacrificial anodes on ships - there is one at the base of most outboard motors, and all over battleships and carriers - so that the galvanic corrosion doesn't eat up your ship or motor's drivetrain.

Galvanic cells are cool though. You hold one in your hand every time you hold a battery. I have yet to see anything on this thread that can't be explained by galvanic corrosion. Hence my attitude toward the potato battery. I don't mean to imply anything about you, in fact the idea that you had not heard of the potato cell I found to be quite refreshing. I think there are many here that would make more of this potato thing than it is worth. Before that could happen, I wanted to lay out exactly how simple the thing is.

Like I said, I didn't mean to imply anything at all about you personally. Reading through the posts on this site, I see many foolish statements being made. Though I've read most of your posts, I have yet to see any foolishness out of you. You have my respect, I hope you will forgive me. I am mortified that I left you with the impression you apparently got from my post.

Harte