Earth Battery Experiment

StarLord

Re: Earth Battery Experiment

Harte,

I am very surprised that Platinum was not on that list of metals...

virtualgirl

Harte,

I accept your apology. No worries. I'm sorry about the people skills thing. I have a virus right now and I've also ran across a really bad thread on another forum directed at me so I guess I'm a little uptight. Sometimes when I get fascinated about something, I tend to sound like a little kid. LOL

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Harte,

I am very surprised that Platinum was not on that list of metals...[/b]

Satr,
Don't you mean "white powder gold?"

Harte

Bernard

Now I seem to have blown it! lol

Remember before you consider something as being foolish here are four examples that come to mind:-

The world was Square..... until..... I think it was Sir Francis Drake circumnavigated the world, (I may be wrong about the guys name)

The earth was the centre of the universe until Gallelio said the Earth orbited around the sun.

God would have given us wings if man were meant to fly.....the Wright brothers had a dream of flying.

Travel to the moon......only in science fiction...yet one man had a vision and put America on the moon ...he dreamed of going there.....Werner Von Braun.

If you look you will find many such people who have been put to death for their vision let alone ridiculed.

Who flashed accross my brain then....oh the scientist who proposed plate techtonics. No he was not put to death but these famous people keep reminding me that I am but a small cog in the scheme of things.

It is also worth remembering that the people who made contrary statements like, "God would have given us wings ", are not remembered in history.

I think to be a true human being let alone scientist is to be open and honest enough to say I do not know.....then to rigourously check out something until you can .....not prove to yourself it is false...because that is starting off with the determination to find fault. It is keeping an open mind, the rewards are so much better.

Yes there is a lot of rubbish out there and yes there are pitfalls out there in experimentation with earth cells....the biggest one is the isolation batteries of cells from each other. As I said elsewhere, these cells can short out to each other. It is like putting a number of plates in the same cell....or wires together in a potato and expecting higher voltages but all you will get is the same voltage as if you had only used one set of contacts.

Be well and always keep an open mind.....I think you will be surprised.

Do not think it is not in the interests of large companies to keep things hidden from us or to discredit people.

Who is the Cello and who is the Cellist?

Sorry I am moving into philosophy mode.

Bernard

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Bernard\")</div>
...I think to be a true human being let alone scientist is to be open and honest enough to say I do not know.....then to rigourously check out something until you can .....not prove to yourself it is false...because that is starting off with the determination to find fault.

It is keeping an open mind, the rewards are so much better...
...Be well and always keep an open mind.....I think you will be surprised.

Do not think it is not in the interests of large companies to keep things hidden from us or to discredit people. ?
Bernard[/b]

Bernard,

This is why I continue to read this thread. I am patiently awaiting promised results. I can't at this time do these experiments myself, for various reasons. I'm waiting for this to move past the galvanic cells and on to the Earth Battery stage.

Harte

thenumbersix

Adding more cells should very soon be a reality here. Have got a piece of stainless pipe, am itching to start cutting up more and connecting them up, I want a garden light permanently running from it....

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Harte,

I am very surprised that Platinum was not on that list of metals...[/b]

I think Plutonium is right at the top on the precious metals side of the scale, have seen it on another list..