Electric cars

HDRKID

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Electric cars are awesome, but I can't see myself driving one during a snow storm on the highway...

Or in heavy traffic during the winter. What if I run out of juice in the traffic?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Electric cars are awesome, but I can't see myself driving one during a snow storm on the highway...

Or in heavy traffic during the winter. What if I run out of juice in the traffic?

Electric cars don't work in freezing weather. The batteries need warmer climates to function. Of course I suppose they could incorporate battery heaters in the colder climate areas.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wonder how much battery power such heaters would drain. Would the car need to be plugged in, in order for the heater not to drain the battery too fast?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I wonder how much battery power such heaters would drain. Would the car need to be plugged in, in order for the heater not to drain the battery too fast?

I think it would definitely reduce your overall mileage per charge. Just remember a cold climate electric vehicle would be an option. Probably an additional $10,000. Although the battery would probably be insulated to reduce heat loss. I might point out that currenty the batteries use a coolant system to keep them from overheating. So some type of temperature regulating system would have to be developed for cold climate operation.

HDRKID

TAKE FROM It’s 2020. Where are our self-driving cars?

When it comes to self-driving cars, the future was supposed to be now.

In 2020, you’ll be a “permanent backseat driver,” the Guardian predicted in 2015. “10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by 2020,” blared a Business Insider headline from 2016. Those declarations were accompanied by announcements from General Motors, Google’s Waymo, Toyota, and Honda that they’d be making self-driving cars by 2020. Elon Musk forecast that Tesla would do it by 2018 — and then, when that failed, by 2020.

But the year is here — and the self-driving cars aren’t.

---

Self-driving cars were supposed to be common now. Futurists will no doubt blame corona virus. That is what I suppose. That said, we do wonder why we do not have a future filled with self-driving electric cars. OK, so last week I saw $ 1.37-gallon gas. Hey, that could be one reason.

Mahadragon

I myself would never get into an electric car self-driving cars anything like that, these things are all ran by computers okay so sit there and think about it. We see how computers get glitches at times they fly out or even better yet how easily hacked they can be so electric cars run on energy and computers we already seen that some hackers have been already able to hack cars with computers in it so say you're driving down the road you're like oh 3 400 miles from nowhere you ran out of electricity to run it yeah same thing can be said for gas but at least you can run on gas fumes.
What electric car has been hacked by hackers and what exactly did they do to compromise the car?