Ever seen a ghost?

Have you ever seen a ghost?

• I see dead people

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

wreck1807

When i was still in Highschool i'm sure i saw one by the window in my parents room. A black figure ironing out clothes inside the room. When i came inside inside the house I tried to open the door but it was locked. Then I tried knocking but to no one answered. So, asked the helper if my parents were home, she answered they were still out. Then it hit me, it was someone or something that i saw and not my parents. That was my only encounter with a ghost. The next week, we transfered to our farm and live there for the rest of my Highschool days.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Ever seen a ghost?

I'm wondering how many people here have actually had an experience with something ghostly.

I never have; I don't know how I'd react to that either. Probably wet my pants or something.

most likely I would run off screaming like in the Casper cartoon...and then notice that I needed to change my pants

Computerbug

When ever I was in middle school I had a ridiculous amount of paranormal stuff happen to me. I had no friends, I was depressed, I never talked, and I always felt trapped, so I was basically a giant nesting ground for negative activity. And during this time I had loads of stuff happen, poltergeist activity, voices and disembodies sounds, shadows stalking me, but the craziest thing of all was he extremely clear full body apparition I saw. It was during the middle of the day and all of the lights were on. I was in my bathroom looking in the mirror and suddenly I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye about 6 feet away in my sister's room. There was a little girl and EVERYTHING about her was completely white. I assumed it was just my eyes playing tricks on me so I blinked a couple times and stared as she slowly walked across the doorway paralyzed with shock. When she finally got to an area I couldn't see her I realized what happened and sprinted downstairs out of fear. My sister (and only sibling) was in the basement with the rest of my family watching a movie so it was impossible for it to be anyone I knew was in the house.

I also had this other instance a couple months ago that was mildly creepy but not shocking to me at all (I've really gotten used to this stuff and I'm not the only one who's seen It I just see it more often) Okay so here's how it went. I had a really life-like nightmare that spanned over several days in the dream but of course was only a couple hours. The dream had a lot of creepy stuff happen in it but the only thing ghost like was this huge slenderman type creature that was completely white had really long fingers and two gaping holes for eyes. I really liked how it looked so I drew pictures of it and made a painting of it. But then one night I was in my living room and all of a sudden I saw this spindly white human looking creature standing really close to me just like in my dream! And right next to it was a pair of red eyes. The apparition disappeared very quickly but the eyes stayed for a long time until I turned on the light to investigate them and found no source.
But then a couple days later my friend's brother sent me a message on the internet (and he NEVER talks to me) and he told me about this creature he read a story about called "The rake" and after looking it up I found that it looked exactly like what I had seen and dreamed about which makes absolutely no sense.
art_full.php

Adam Woodruff

Wow, you must have to change your underwear about 10 times a day!!!

I've actually been doing some research on my town and more in particular my local area and it turns out that where I live used to be an old Roman trading post and Kendal was a Roman fort from where they used to defend against the Scottish. So who knows, I might be haunted by an old Roman Centurion! (or a pissed off Scot!)

Oh, not much to add that I haven't said before and I really enjoy reading the other comments, hence me being here after a short absence, oh, "they" are still around, in each home, and frankly, unless one gets violent, they are welcome to stay, with the exception of a couple of the "ghosts' of a relative or two that were a "pain" in real life and are just as difficult to deal with now.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
ComputerBug, that white little girl is a pretty awesome story. I'd definitely be paralysed with shock if I had to see such a thing. I don't remember reading much apparition stories taking place during the day. Most of them are at night when you can't see much of it. In your case, you were able to fully see it because you were under proper lighting conditions, which is pretty rare, right?

Did you know that little girl, did she remind you of somebody?

PS. Graveyard Hound, good to see you again!

Computerbug

Nope, don't recognize her at all. And from what I can tell things like that are quite rare and I haven't had any experience like that since during the day. I've had nightmares about her but that's expected. But the experience freaked me out to the point that I can't go to sleep unless my sister's door is shut all the way. Ohhh... that reminds me of another story that happened to me when I was very young.

I had a big, old dresser in my room as a kid and one night something really weird happened. I had a nightmare where I was in bed, I would look up from under the covers, and there would be a floating hand opening and closing all of the drawers rapidly and then after "seeing me" it would grab me and I woke up. But then when I woke up I saw that every single drawer in the dresser was completely open. And now it seems that whenever I keep a drawer of that dresser open I have a terrible nightmare. It works every time and it's bizarre.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
How do you explain the open drawers? Sleepwalking?

Man, you had tons of experiences. We're not talking about regular nightmares and simple visions here. That little girl in day time is some weird stuff. The same can be said about nightmare leaving physical evidence, such as opened drawers.

Do you feel safe sleeping?

Computerbug

I don't sleepwalk so I have no idea. I feel fine sleeping, I actually just wish I could do it more often. As long as I don't forget to close those drawers I'm fine, I do still accidentally forget though. But My nightmares have proven to be a good thing too because I make comics based off of them and people like them!:ROFLMAO: I actually enjoy my paranormal encounters instead of being scared which I guess is weird, but is probably another reason why so much stuff happens to me.