F = 1/T -- Observing The vibrations of a guitar string. Determine the frequency of oscillations, & Determining the frequency of oscillations.

TimeFlipper

Well to me as of right now nothing to be honest but when I say deeper knowledge I'm referring to time being a wave and how they are effected and how f=1/T because to me if time is a wave then that's fascinating because they're so much more to understand its like going down a rabbit hole hence the words Deeper knowledge
May i suggest you take a look at the video i posted, the delta t generator and the philadelphia experiment?...Preston Nichols discusses Time (y) :)..

Noah_A_S

if you say so

I completely agree with you...But in fairness to our other members they will try to extrapolate matters such as F=1/T into something more meaningful, such as Time-Travel for example (My Favourite Subject), which should start off as, "Time is a frequency, leading to a frequency transform"...
You will find the full time equation on this video, and you can fast forward it to where Preston Nichols takes over from Al Bielek if you prefer to :cool:..

Thanks, I'll have a look.

EDIT: 4-hour video? this could take a while...

TimeFlipper

Thanks, I'll have a look.

EDIT: 4-hour video? this could take a while...
Go along the line that shows you how long the video has been playing, and set it to, 2 hours 43 minutes...That action takes about12 seconds to perform, enjoy the remainder of the video with Preston Nichols and please let us know how you got on with it :)..

Last edited:

Harte

But there is deeper knowledge the people who posted that article wasn't talking about scalar waves and how that f=1/t affects them. Don't worry ill back you up naturalphilosopher
Maybe because f=1/t isn't what they're talking about.
In fact, frequency is only equal to 1/t when the wavelength is one meter, because f=L/t, not 1/t.

TimeFlipper

Maybe because f=1/t isn't what they're talking about.
In fact, frequency is only equal to 1/t when the wavelength is one meter, because f=L/t, not 1/t.
I also get the idea f=1/t is not what they were really talking about Hartey, it was more than likely a "Red Herring"..
Converting frequency into meters you obviously divide the frequency into 300,000,000 meters per second which is the "rounded up" speed of light..

Therefore the frequency of "2" meters for example, would be by dividing the frequency of 150,000,000 cycles per second into the 300,000.000 meters per second..

To make calculations easier we express 300,000,000 meters per second as 300 and the 150,000,000 cycles per second as 150 giving us>>>300/150=2 meters....Or the frequencies of 300mhz divided by 150mhz (mhz=megahertz)..

The actual wavelength in meters also defines the resonant length for certain types of aerials used for transmitting and receiving purposes, not only for professional uses, but also for amateur radio operators such as Prof Opmmur and myself..

NaturalPhilosopher

I also get the idea f=1/t is not what they were really talking about Hartey, it was more than likely a "Red Herring"..
Converting frequency into meters you obviously divide the frequency into 300,000,000 meters per second which is the "rounded up" speed of light..

Therefore the frequency of "2" meters for example, would be by dividing the frequency of 150,000,000 cycles per second into the 300,000.000 meters per second..

To make calculations easier we express 300,000,000 meters per second as 300 and the 150,000,000 cycles per second as 150 giving us>>>300/150=2 meters....Or the frequencies of 300mhz divided by 150mhz (mhz=megahertz)..

The actual wavelength in meters also defines the resonant length for certain types of aerials used for transmitting and receiving purposes, not only for professional uses, but also for amateur radio operators such as Prof Opmmur and myself..
duh

Harte

Huh? Anything wrong with my calculations? :unsure::D..
What you wrote is true only for waves traveling at the speed of light. The thread is about a guitar string.
Speed of a wave on a string under tension:
1631360888888.png
Here, FT is the tension in the string, and mu is the string's mass (per unit length.)
Obviously, it would be easier to calculate (and to understand) this speed using the frequency vs. wavelength method.

Harte