Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Well I got San Andreas for the PC today... Looks beatiful :D I'll post a screenshot or two later on. I'm more interested in modifying though, since I have it for the PS2 and I've been playing the hell out of it.

I think it'd be cool to stick my apartment complex somewhere in Los Santos, maybe even make it so you can go inside my apartment LOL.

Keroscene

Hey Heggy was just wondering how San Andreas ran on your PC . What kind of PC do you use for gaming? I have AMD64 2.0ghz-1gb RAM-256mb geforce 5500- Gigabyte Ultra Nforce 3 MOB. I haven't gotten GTA:SA (PC) yet so I was just wondering.

Mullets Rock.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

My computer is "okay" for gaming.

Intel Pentium 4 - 1.8ghz
768 megs of RAM
256 meg ATI Radeon 9600 card

It runs very nicely on mine, so I bet it'd run amazing on yours. I've got 2x AA and mipmapping turned on, running it at 1024x768x32. Every once in a while the game will "freeze" for a quarter of a second to think if you're really booking down the freeway, but other than that it's great. Oh yeah, I have the draw distance set to about 50%. Default is like 25%.

Keroscene

I can really only compare it to Vice City for now. I can run Vice City 1600x1200x32 with the draw distance set at 100% and I only lose a few frames per second in congested areas, I've tried to get my frames per second above 60 but it seems to be limited to my monitors refresh rate. The game also has an internal option to unlimit the frames per second but the map doesn't seem to load "terrain objects" as fast when unlimited. I also use a dual-monitor setup and think it might drain most of the card when playing a game. I'm going to buy San Andreas this morning when I leave work, I can't wait to see the graphical improvements over the PS2 version.

Keroscene

I can't access these screenshots, they are the only thumbnail pics on this site I can't.

Keroscene, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1)Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2)If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is anyones else having this problem with these pics?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Okay I think I've fixed it now. Something was screwy with the attachment.php file from when I added the ability to send attachments via PM... Seems I added an extra closing bracket or something where there ought not be one.

I set up a test user and it works fine on there, so I'm hoping it will be fixed for you guys :) Let me know if you can view those files now!

(Damn, that was an hour well wasted on a stupid "}" LOL)

smokeringhalo

Didn't know that San Andreas was out for PC.
Guess I'll have to add it to the shopping list.

EDIT: After checking out the specs from rockstar, it looks like san andreas will have to wait, maybe for a long long time. They decided to go with DVD-ROM instead of CD-ROM. My DVD-ROM drive refuses to play DVDs - everything else works in it CDs, CD-ROMs etc, just not DVDs. Basically it wont recognize that theres a DVD in the drive at all.
Oh well.