Greetings

Doc Brown

Greetings

^ Just wanted to point out a mistake I made above - I am taking "English Literature", not English Language. This may seem a pointless mistake to point out, but I'm a bit of a stickler for correct details.

StarLord

Greetings

Yes Doc, VERY different. So are the laughs you get when trying to explain the difference between public and private schools there. I'ts backwards here. But, since the English honed the language into what it is today, you can not gain say them can you? :)

StarLord

Greetings

Ok, *Thats* what bugged me about the chat log. It is fundamentally IMPOSSIBLE that a person that holds a doctorate in Physics regardless of the year you cut your teeth on the science, that you never heard of Tesla. Tesla's ideas scared so much bejeasus out of the power structure at the time, that he was murdered. They all knew that if Tesla's foundations of energy and power transmission and propagation were followed, oil would have only been used for lubrication at best and they would have gone broke.

His insights regarding magnetics and manipulation of different types of energy like sound waves for instance, were a hundred years before his time. You could not be what you claim and have no knowledge of Tesla.

In 400 years the language would have changed considerably. You english is of this decade, you can not hide that fact with nonfacts.

In 400 years, you would have a totaly different type of energy source. and be very willing no, damn near eager, to share that information.

In 400 years, there would have been significant detail regarding the worlds temperature fluxations either towards the greenhouse effect or considerbly colder towards the dawning of a new Ice Age. As the sun is due to put out less than it has for the last 1000 years.

Sorry thomas.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Greetings

Just a point to clarify my incredulity regarding the continued existence of the GCSE in 2434. Thanks Doc for the explanation. The UK introduced both the GCE and CSE as replacements for the 11+ and 14+ exams several decades ago, as both the age detremined exams, required for Grammar School Education, where felt to be too old fashioned. The new dual Educational standard exams failed to achieve their Political aspirations and where combined into the GCSE during the last part of the 20th Century. These have also failed to achieve their Political and Educational aspirations and the UK with standardise its Educational and Examination structure with the rest of Europe by 2010.

So, the GCSE cannot exist in 400 years times, as it has barely survived 2 decades as it is.

Sorry for Doubting, Thomas. ;)

bluefreeze

Greetings

Hi Thomas.

That was an awesome chat we had last night. We all seemed to have enjoyed it and hope we have a few more of these before you leave back to your world-timeline on November 18th. How come you left so sudden last night? And how are you enjoying 2004 thus far? (with things like gas cars, airplanes, electricity in homes, paper money, etc.) I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer:

1- When is AIDS, Cancer, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer and Spinal Cord Injury cured (Do we use embryonic stem cell research to do this?) How is it done?

2- As you know, the USA will be having trouble in the future supplying OIL to it's citizens as we are running out. Do you know of any alternative fuel that will be used for businesses, homes and cars in the future? For cars, will it be hydrogen fuel cells? And when will the switch be to this form of alternative fuel?

3- When is the first Quantum (or DNA) Computer made? How fast is it? When is it mass produced?

4- Have you seen a futuristic cartoon called "The Jetsons"? In it they show cartoon characters that have homes which hover thousands of feet in the air. Cars that fly and turn into a suitcase when parked and kids that use flying jetpacks to fly around. Do you have any of this in your time and worldline of 2434?

5- And my final question, what kind of reasearch and technology are rising from nanotechnology in our future? In 2004 we already have stain proof nano-pants and snowboarding jackets that are electronically integrated with the IPOD music player. They say in the years to come they'll also have odor proof socks and undies, more electronic wearable computers and color changing clothes. What other technologies will come from manipulating material at the nano-scale? And are you using measurements in your time more advanced than what is used in nano-technology?

Thanks Thomas!
-bluefreeze

P.S.- Please pm these answers to me if you wish!

lev

Greetings

::.. I can't wait for Thomas' post! :: Explanations complete with pictures and diagrams! ::eek:h My! ..::

Timescholar

Greetings

Here's some computer questions (hopefully you can answer them..) and others. You could pm them to me a piece at a time if you think it's too much at once.

Computer Questions

1 - You said computers use water for fueld. Does that mean Hydro-electric computers?

2 - What type of data storage do people use? (i.e., like floppy disks, CD/DVDs, memory sticks today)

3 - How did you get the computer you're using now?

4 - I would assume that computers are voice activated. What's the average "family computer" like in the 25th century?

5 - What type of programs/games do computers have in the 25th Century?

6 - Do computers still use the binary system?

7 - Do computers use atoms for data storage? Or Photons/Electrons? Or another, smaller particle?

8 - What type of computer screens are in the 25th century? Or is it a 3D holographic projection?

9 - What is the Internet like?

10 - Are people "integrated" into the Internet? (i.e., by some nueral-brain-to-computer connection) I would assume that would be a huge boost to business, science, and the military.

Science Questions

11 - How far has String Theory progressed and when will scientists make any breakthroughs?

12 - What interesting facts about the universe have been discovered within the last 400 years in your time?

13 - Any other signs of life?

14 - What do spaceships look like? Can you make a drawing?

15 - What is the world population? (of Earth, Mars, etc.)

16 - Are there any independant countries on Mars, or is it owned by 1 nation? Many?

17 - What is the history of warfare in the last 400 years (besides the 1 year WWIII).

18 - What is the history of Science in the last 400 years (besides landing on Mars in 2018)?

Society Questions -

19 - What's life like in the 25th century?

20 - What is schooling like?

21 - What's the most spoken language?

22 - What are the most powerful countries?

23 - Has Mars been colonized? If so, what does a Mars colony look like?

24 - Have any other planets/moons been colonized and/or terraformed?

History -

25 - What have you learned about the 21st century in your studies of History (I assume it's still taught in schools).

400 years ago, Europeans were just colonizing the Americas. Now, people are starting to (or will be soon) the planets. I'm sure there's something about this period in history 400 years later...

And one more.

What will become of private spaceflight? SpaceShipOne won the X-Prize (I'm pretty sure that one is in your history books). How does space travel take off after that?

Fringan

Greetings

Originally posted by thomas_cousins@Oct 28 2004, 10:08 PM
I will try and answer every question you ask, so I will respond to each individual person.

[...]

I have tried to answer every question thoroughly, and I am very sorry if I have missed something out. I will answer any other questions later on, so please be patient with me.

Thank you

Actually, I think you missed all my questions. I'll just re-post them here for you to look at when you feel you have the time:

1. Where are you staying at the moment? At a hotel in London? In what way are you connecting to the internet?

2. Roughly, how much space does your time machine take while on the ground here?

3. Please give us a brief description of how your time machine operates and how it is powered.

4. I take it since you have the technology to travel in time you also have the science to describe or understand what time itself is. What have you learnt about the universe and how it works up to your time (the we don't already know back here)?

5. Did anyone between this time and your time come up with anything of scientific importance you could describe to us?

bluefreeze

Greetings

Anyone hear of a radio show called coasttocoastam with George Noory? It's a show that deals with the paranormal and things such as aliens, science, ghosts and it had a couple of times with time travel. George has had a couple of time travelers call his open lines before and he also interviewed a guest Oliver Williams who owns the www.johntiter.com website. I think it would be cool if Thomas Cousins called his show or was a guest and talked about time travel. Some guests stay for three hours but it would be cool if Thomas even stayed atleast a full hour. The website is www.coasttocoastam.com Who's with me on this? :)
-bluefreeze