Has anyone honestly ever preformed any form of "magic" that had results?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This might sound totally lame, and I'm kinda ashamed to even post about it, but since we're on the subject...back in middle school, I bought a "spells and charms" book (still have it somewhere in my hoards of books) so my friends and I gathered, idoliIng the movie "The Craft", without any real knowledge or respect of it all...Anyways, I preformed a charm on this guy I had a crush on...He never liked me back that I knew of, but he ended up being killed in a car crash in high school...In retrospect, I don't think the "charm" had anything to do with it, but the thought crossed my mind...like it had backfired somehow...

Some theorize that they can backfire. Don't be ashamed. I was into candle magick when I was in high school.

Sunny0102

Was the spell supposed to make him like you back or kill him? I might have to rethink my witch fetish. :eek:
As long as the exact wording wasn't "I want this boy to love me to death..."
lol Nope, I still have the book...The words were "Sweet sweet thoughts of me you will think constantly."
I have learned you have to be very careful even when making innocent spells, such as yours.

I once did a "love spell" in high school, too. The guy developed a serious, dangerous obsession with me. He was very aggressive and told me he couldn't live without me. He had even tried to force himself on me because he was convinced we were meant to be together. I'm being completely honest.

Before the "spell" he paid me no attention. Not sure if it was the spell or just mere coincidence. Still, it was very, very scary and I quickly reversed the spell. I would never mess with stuff like that again.

Sunny0102

As for the prophetic poetry, in my opinion it's most likely self-fulfilling, like Elem stated as a possibilty...But who knows? Test it! Write about something a little unusual that might happen in a typical everyday scenario and see if it comes to pass! :)
p.s: In my experience, the best kind of creative writing is the kind that just flows from you without even thinking about it... ;)

That's the thing. In my case, the writings were very obscure, not something that could easily happen on a regular daily basis, such as in horoscopes, or be guessed/misinterpreted. They were very specific, too.

My writing style is exactly like ElementalDissonance explained, except I write short stories rather than poetry. I put very little thought or effort into the process and it's as if my hand is doing all the writing, subconsciously. As you said, it just flows out naturally.

It's very strange. I haven't written in a while so maybe I'll write now and hope that it's a nice, cheerful ending because I definitely need some of that in my life right now! :ROFLMAO:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
lol Nope, I still have the book...The words were "Sweet sweet thoughts of me you will think constantly."
I have learned you have to be very careful even when making innocent spells, such as yours.

I once did a "love spell" in high school, too. The guy developed a serious, dangerous obsession with me. He was very aggressive and told me he couldn't live without me. He had even tried to force himself on me because he was convinced we were meant to be together. I'm being completely honest.

Before the "spell" he paid me no attention. Not sure if it was the spell or just mere coincidence. Still, it was very, very scary and I quickly reversed the spell. I would never mess with stuff like that again.

Yes, it was foolish of me to attempt any kind of magick at only 11 or 12 years old especially...Whether I believe in magic or not, it's not something I'd attempt again...

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith

Yes, it was foolish of me to attempt any kind of magick at only 11 or 12 years old especially...Whether I believe in magic or not, it's not something I'd attempt again...
:eek: Whoa, sorry for the double quoting!

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
This might sound totally lame, and I'm kinda ashamed to even post about it, but since we're on the subject...back in middle school, I bought a "spells and charms" book (still have it somewhere in my hoards of books) so my friends and I gathered, idoliIng the movie "The Craft", without any real knowledge or respect of it all...Anyways, I preformed a charm on this guy I had a crush on...He never liked me back that I knew of, but he ended up being killed in a car crash in high school...In retrospect, I don't think the "charm" had anything to do with it, but the thought crossed my mind...like it had backfired somehow...

Some theorize that they can backfire. Don't be ashamed. I was into candle magick when I was in high school.
Do you think it could backfire years after the charm was cast?

If he were still thinking about you years later, sure... If the thing works the way it bloody well should, it can still backfire just like anything can. Even tools that are properly structured and flawlessly designed can still be misused or have unforeseen consequences.

The same is true with intentions. Often, even when we get what we wish for, we find out that it's not really what we were expecting.

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
If he were still thinking about you years later, sure... If the thing works the way it bloody well should, it can still backfire just like anything can. Even tools that are properly structured and flawlessly designed can still be misused.

The same is true with intentions. Often, even when we get what we wish for, we find out that it's not what we really wanted.
I honestly doubt he thought about me, nor I about him, in that way...But has anyone heard of a simple charm backfiring years later to the point where the charmed one died? I was a child for crying out loud...

Ayasano

I was into Chaos Magic(k) for a few years because the idea of deconstructing magic(k) down to its base rules and reconstructing it appealed to my science-y side.

I eventually gave up on it due to a complete lack of results though.

Before that I bought a book on Evocation, but the sheer number of very expensive materials required and the fact that it didn't really actually explain much of it put me off.

I tend to cycle between rationality and mysticism every few years, perhaps because I become disillusioned with the other. I find it difficult to stick to long term projects, (Among other things...) so I never really achieve anything, so I turn to magical thinking to try and solve my issues, but that doesn't work so I go back to doing it the hard way, but that doesn't work so I go back to magical thinking, ad infinitum...

One of these years I'll actually get around to getting myself diagnosed with adhd/depression/whatever I have, get treatment, and actually get somewhere in life. :p

I'd say the biggest obstacle for most people desiring results, is the desire for results itself.

If you can just shut the hell up internally to the point where no judgments, desires or fears of disappointment come bubbling up to the surface, it becomes much easier to "feel" your way around that inner space.

Lots of crazy things can happen if you learn to focus your will, relax and feel the flow of desire, and finally let it all go and just let whatever happens, happen.

I get where you're coming from as a hard-core rationalist, as so many people will just believe anything no matter how hokey it is. Without the rational side, you open yourself up to being duped, or even worse, to duping yourself.

But when the same rational defense mechanism becomes a tyrant and constantly imposes itself when it's neither needed nor wanted (believe me, I've been through this), that's a signal that you're too attached to the results, which can ultimately stop them from happening.

One great way to allow this inner voice to subside is to simply listen. It doesn't matter what you listen to, and you may want to try background "gray" noise (I think that's the right name), strangers' conversations, and sounds that provoke some kind of emotional reaction.

Each one can be interesting to explore, as placing your focus outside yourself frees up inner space. Just don't focus too obsessively on this inner space, and you should be fine.