Hello 2004, I am from 2035

R

Roman

Originally posted by August@Jun 19 2004, 06:00 PM
Roman,

I often read the John Titor dialogues and am frustrated that people spent so much time on games and lottery numbers. You are the first traveller, in my humble opinion, since the Titor event, who seems worth my talking with. You are either,

1. A time traveller from 2035

or

2. A rather nice fellow who, although playing a trick, seems worth talking with--at least for an interesting perspective on life and living.

So, regardless of whether you are 1 or 2, I hope you will answer the following questions for me:

1) If you were to choose only one overall emotion that guides your life, that gets you out of bed in the morning, that seems to rule all the other thoughts and emotions, which of the following would you choose (honestly): shame, anxiety, or anger?

2) What do you enjoy most about 2004 and what do you enjoy most about 2035?

3) My favorite British authors are Milton, Hardy, and Boswell. Have you or your friends read them? And if so, what is their readership like in 2035?

I thank you in advance, my friend.

August
Thank you August. I am not playing tricks on anybody I can assure you that. To your questions:

1. Anxiety. Jobs and money are scarce and I work hard to try and keep them.

2. In 2004 I like the social side a lot. Nightclubs, shopping centres etc are fascinating to me. Also, the football is much bigger spectacle here and it is great.
EDIT- In 2035 I enjoyed talking to my friends and some of the simpler aspects of life such as getting my wage packet and feeling as though I was needed and an important part in rebuilding.

3. I'm afraid I haven't heard of those authors. I have never really read books, apart from textbooks.

R

Roman

Originally posted by Timescholar@Jun 19 2004, 06:09 PM
What's south, central, America and Africa like? Also, who rules Cuba after Castro is gone?
South and Central America are actually in a better state than Europe and possibly America too. Things aren't perfect there though, certainly.

Africa is a mess. When I think of the people suffering in Africa it makes me feel blessed to have been born in Europe, despite the troubles. People are starving and dying of all sorts of horrible illnesses. Uprisings and bloodshed are a daily occurance. Because no-body can afford to send aid, things have gone downhill rapdily compared to 2004.

Timescholar

Originally posted by Roman+Jun 19 2004, 06:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roman @ Jun 19 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Timescholar@Jun 19 2004, 06:09 PM
What's south, central, America and Africa like? Also, who rules Cuba after Castro is gone?
South and Central America are actually in a better state than Europe and possibly America too. Things aren't perfect there though, certainly.

Africa is a mess. When I think of the people suffering in Africa it makes me feel blessed to have been born in Europe, despite the troubles. People are starving and dying of all sorts of horrible illnesses. Uprisings and bloodshed are a daily occurance. Because no-body can afford to send aid, things have gone downhill rapdily compared to 2004. [/b][/quote]
And Cuba? And in what month will the first signs of trouble start appearing in the US? (and in what form if you can say)

R

Roman

Originally posted by Timescholar+Jun 19 2004, 06:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Timescholar @ Jun 19 2004, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Roman@Jun 19 2004, 06:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Timescholar
@Jun 19 2004, 06:09 PM

Africa is a mess. When I think of the people suffering in Africa it makes me feel blessed to have been born in Europe, despite the troubles. People are starving and dying of all sorts of horrible illnesses. Uprisings and bloodshed are a daily occurance. Because no-body can afford to send aid, things have gone downhill rapdily compared to 2004.
And Cuba? And in what month will the first signs of trouble start appearing in the US? (and in what form if you can say) [/b][/quote]
I'm not sure who the current leader of Cuba is to be honest, although I think their country is doing as OK as can be expected.

First signs of trouble - November/December this year in the form of protests.

MadIce

Hi all,

In my role as observer of the Time Travel Portal (I have two be carefull these days because I am wearing two hats - I hope it doesn't look silly) I have noticed the following:

On the 18th (a few days ago) I had a visitor at the #TimeTravelTheory on DALnet. That visitor was called RomanTT. A minute later (so my logs tell me - it may have been sooner) RomanTT joins TimeTravellersInn. Within a minute RomanTT leaves without a word. RomanTT was using an AOL hostmask.

Why do I mention this? First of all the 18th was the day Roman registered on this message board. Time Traveller Roman here and the nick RomanTT need no explanation for an obvious connection. AOL always triggers an alert, because it has been abused many times. Most noteworthy by Edge25. Edge often tries to see if he is still banned or not by visiting these channels.

This time he used a slightly different hostmask, so that is how he was able to enter these channels. Maybe confused or maybe he didn't want to stay he left after finding out.

Why do I think RomanTT is Edge25? If you are unfamiliar with this time then it is strange to say the least that he finds these two channels in notime. Also, Jovial_Kitten already noted that she was surprised someone found this board that soon after its introduction. If one is a TTer you can argue that this board is known in the future and therefore you found it. Same goes for the IRC channels. Obviously I don't have that opinion. Therefore I think it is someone from the community. He knew where to find us.

I think it is Edge25's way of payback time.

Thanks for your attention.

Timescholar

Florida again? ;)

Anyway, non-politics one. Are any animals extinct in your time? (i.e., panda, rhino, tiger, etc.)

EDIT: FWIW, I found this site linked from anomolies.net. I guess it's getting around...

R

Roman

Hmmm...I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that MadIce.

I have never heard of: TimeTravelPortal, TimeTravelTheory, TimeTravellersInn, DALnet, IRC channels, hostmask, Edge25 and I have never used the name RomanTT. Perhaps you could explain? I only found this website as it was in my favourites on the computer the government had set up for me in 2035. This was the first one that worked so I started posting here.

I must admit, your post confuses me MadIce, I hope we can clear it up.

R

Roman

Originally posted by Timescholar@Jun 19 2004, 06:39 PM
Florida again? ;)

Anyway, non-politics one. Are any animals extinct in your time? (i.e., panda, rhino, tiger, etc.)

EDIT: FWIW, I found this site linked from anomolies.net. I guess it's getting around...
I don't think any animals have become extinct, although I could be wrong.