Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

Jeremiah

I know he's not a real time traveler, but it doesn't detract from me asking him, as I've asked others,why post here of all places ? All TT'RS just somehow end up here eh? The whole experiment thing to bury this stuff so it can be found? I believe you really will bury it. But I'm thinking your goal is for it not to be found for a long time, thus giving the illusion you're real. Either way you've got a great imagination, and I applaud you for being bold enough to share it with us. Good luck in life, my friend.

Apoc

Aevi, what i'm wondering is would you be willing to give/deliver a physical copy of the message (in letter form, sealed and dated) to the Post Office in 1840(s) or whenever in the past you're going? Thanks.

Briggers

So the US govt detonated a nuke in Chicago, and blamed the revolutionarys to get everyone on their side?
Sounds like youve plagurised that from the TV show "Revolution"

Aevi Vegr

Jeremiah, it would be very hard to do that and it would seem pointless. I would need period accurate ink and paper, even then I would need it to look aged. I'm not sure how I could do that. I posted here on Paranormalis because it appeared on the top of the search results when I searched for a time travel forum, Yahoo!, I believe. I have thought about switching over to the Time Travel Institute, which I was introduced to later, but even then I would redirect them here, at least to catch up on what I have already written, because I have already said quite a bit and I'm not a fan of repeating myself. And as always, I am not out to prove myself, I am just here for the conversation. I might add, that the majority of the most interesting discussions I have had have been in private conversation either through my email or through Paranormalis's private message system. So, why do you think I'm not real? I am curious to hear?
I could do that, Apoc.
From that reasoning, Briggers, you could also say that the sinking of the Titanic was a plagiarism of the novella "Futility."

Liberty

Be it time traveler, prophet of god. People here will ignore the warnings. So I'm I the only person that know that there will be and earthquake in the new madrid? I don't scoff at this Chicago earthquake because ITS COMING!

Titor said he would give "No earthquake info."

Not to hard to put a suite case nuke in the new madrid and blame it on PATRIOTS! We keep exposing these evil plans and people think we are the tin foil hat conspiracy crowd. Guess when Vlad comes to visit in the future. Then will we wake up!

Aevi Vegr

I think the prophet is the worst off out of the two, he is often forced to sit and watch it happen around him and to him. The Time Traveler can (potentially) leave if people don't heed the warning.

Apoc

Aevi is correct, he would obviously be using stationary and ink of the period. This combined with scientific dating would/should be enough to authenticate the whole thing. Perhaps Aevi could include a couple of photographs in the time capsule as well along with the messages. One taken in 2013/14 before he leaves, and one taken in the past/1840's. That would be pretty cool.

paradox404

From that reasoning, Briggers, you could also say that the sinking of the Titanic was a plagiarism of the novella "Futility."
Well no it wouldnt Floyd, the sinking of the Titanic actually happened. Whereas yours is just a story, hence plagiarism.

Aevi's event hasn't happened yet, and thus cannot be proved or disproved.

Also from that logic I could argue like my friend did once: How do you know that the titanic actually sunk, for all we know our older generations could be together on some conspiracy? The only way you could prove it is to actually be there when it sunk. Then again how do we know you're telling the truth?

All I can really add to this is that time will tell if Aevi is a real TT. I am as curious as the next person to find out if he is real or not.