Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

420norcal

I must apologize for my mood during the last few posts. I was grumpy and may have seemed paranoid and full of contempt.

I cannot prove Tor to be compromised, and I may have claimed it to be so rather hastily. I'm truly sorry if I may have disturbed someone by saying that. I must warn that you should make sure your computer itself isn't compromised. If you are using an HP, you should definitely look through your rootkits. Also be warned of Trojans designed to compromise you.

Actually, I am not taking the details from others and spinning them into my story. The part of my post talking about divergence is a direct quote from my conversation with Temporal Recon. I just thought you people might consider it interesting.

I've given thought to the experiment. I agree to it. It would be difficult. I would need to give you the coordinates to time capsules. I would have to place them out of the way also so that no one could build over them, but in a place still reachable today. You would have to go on a treasure hunt and you could verify the age of the messages in the container. If the messages are more than 100 years old, you will know that I am indeed a time traveler. I will accept messages from ten people to be placed in the container; first come first serve. I will place three containers across America. I will go ahead and try to locate prime positions for these containers. The coordinates will be released on the day I leave.

Why don't you just search for "vectors" on the nets and learn about them. You might also benefit from researching Stoke's theorem.

I will neither confirm nor deny that.

420 norcal, do you mind reading what I have written previously.

Allow me to remind everyone of some of the rules I have set
1. Don't ask me about the arts.
2. Don't ask me about a specific place. I had to add this rule because of the large amount of requests concerning it.
3. Don't ask for my location.
4. Don't treat me like a psychic.

To answer your questions:
1. Besides my machine I brought two sets of clothes, one of which I was wearing, basic tools, a weapon, medicine, and silver.
3. I don't want to be here. I am stuck here. Getting rich is neither smart nor immediately helpful to my mission. Also, I'm not a psychic. The stocks won't be exactly the same, nor did I study the stocks of this time period. I have no motivation for sharing my technology.
4. Why assume that a single search engine is used? There are options to choose from.
5. If you notice, there are many computer companies alive and well today. You are referring to operating systems, not companies. As always, you have options, although they have been narrowed down a bit.

What is a "wolf ticket?"

out of all the questions i asked you didn't answer anything you avoided it and answered with another question im sure in 2043 you know what a wolf ticket is it's been around forever and you do know what google is ? im sure a man from 2043 is not that dumb but then again you are not from 2043 , you are simply roll playing and trolling the forum.

paradox404

I must apologize for my mood during the last few posts. I was grumpy and may have seemed paranoid and full of contempt.

I cannot prove Tor to be compromised, and I may have claimed it to be so rather hastily. I'm truly sorry if I may have disturbed someone by saying that. I must warn that you should make sure your computer itself isn't compromised. If you are using an HP, you should definitely look through your rootkits. Also be warned of Trojans designed to compromise you.

Actually, I am not taking the details from others and spinning them into my story. The part of my post talking about divergence is a direct quote from my conversation with Temporal Recon. I just thought you people might consider it interesting.

I've given thought to the experiment. I agree to it. It would be difficult. I would need to give you the coordinates to time capsules. I would have to place them out of the way also so that no one could build over them, but in a place still reachable today. You would have to go on a treasure hunt and you could verify the age of the messages in the container. If the messages are more than 100 years old, you will know that I am indeed a time traveler. I will accept messages from ten people to be placed in the container; first come first serve. I will place three containers across America. I will go ahead and try to locate prime positions for these containers. The coordinates will be released on the day I leave.

Why don't you just search for "vectors" on the nets and learn about them. You might also benefit from researching Stoke's theorem.

I will neither confirm nor deny that.

420 norcal, do you mind reading what I have written previously.

Allow me to remind everyone of some of the rules I have set
1. Don't ask me about the arts.
2. Don't ask me about a specific place. I had to add this rule because of the large amount of requests concerning it.
3. Don't ask for my location.
4. Don't treat me like a psychic.

To answer your questions:
1. Besides my machine I brought two sets of clothes, one of which I was wearing, basic tools, a weapon, medicine, and silver.
3. I don't want to be here. I am stuck here. Getting rich is neither smart nor immediately helpful to my mission. Also, I'm not a psychic. The stocks won't be exactly the same, nor did I study the stocks of this time period. I have no motivation for sharing my technology.
4. Why assume that a single search engine is used? There are options to choose from.
5. If you notice, there are many computer companies alive and well today. You are referring to operating systems, not companies. As always, you have options, although they have been narrowed down a bit.

What is a "wolf ticket?"

out of all the questions i asked you didn't answer anything you avoided it and answered with another question im sure in 2043 you know what a wolf ticket is it's been around forever and you do know what google is ? im sure a man from 2043 is not that dumb but then again you are not from 2043 , you are simply roll playing and trolling the forum.

1. If the information is easy to find why don't you tell us what it is then?
2. That is a normal response from someone who doesn't know what something is, you might say "Oh, but they can google it!", but some people don't have time for that. If you are so smart then tell me in detail the equations of getting from earth to the star MU ARA and back with present technology. (Including gravitaional slingshots and other manovers)
3. Besides if you actually read the previous posts then you will found information that contradicts your last comment.

Khaos

where the wild things are
In his defense, I had to look up the term "wolf ticket" because I've never heard of it either.

Aevi Vegr

Paradox, simply click on my name and then click, "Start a conversation."
If they don't appear on your worldline, I would hazard to guess that it probably means I either died in transit or wound up very far off course. If it is the first, you might find the appearance of my machine in a footnote of your history. If it is the second, then that's just too bad , but maybe you could ask other time travelers if they have heard of such a thing. I believe the first option is more likely, but that both options are unlikely.
I hope that they would continue in secret to collect knowledge and preserve it and be a haven of sorts.

Apoc

Aevi, could you please answer my question in post #210? Also, if i gave you the name/identity/exact-location of someone for you to give my message to directly, would you do it? thnx

paradox404

Paradox, simply click on my name and then click, "Start a conversation."
If they don't appear on your worldline, I would hazard to guess that it probably means I either died in transit or wound up very far off course. If it is the first, you might find the appearance of my machine in a footnote of your history. If it is the second, then that's just too bad , but maybe you could ask other time travelers if they have heard of such a thing. I believe the first option is more likely, but that both options are unlikely.
I hope that they would continue in secret to collect knowledge and preserve it and be a haven of sorts.

If its the first don't think that the time machine would show up, but this would depend on the location, as the US government liked to cover up the UFO sightings, so if they found a time machine they would probably take it and hide it until they figure out how to use it. If it is the second, It might be hard to find genuine TT's to ask, considering something like 99% of them are fake. (They either won't answer questions, lie through their teeth, contradict themselves, or won't make sense.)

I sent you a PM with the message.

Aevi Vegr

Yes, Apoc, I'll answer. I always try to answer people in the order that they write to me. As always, if you think I missed your question or misinterpreted it, please inform me so that I can answer it properly. In this case, I only answered Paradox404, because I grew too tired to continue writing past that, I'm sorry if you felt ignored.
Here is your answer, I believe you are getting your facts confused. The theory is that because computers will theoretically be able to create realistic simulations of the entire universe. If that is indeed the case, the number of virtual universes would outnumber the real universe, with each layer of virtual reality being a slight distortion of the previous one because of entropy. Nevertheless, if that hypothesis is true, then it is more probable that we are actually a virtual universe instead of the real universe. I'm not sure if it is possible to actually find out whether or not our universe is the real one. It is also true that an error correction code used in web browsing has already been found in background radiation in a binary form. While that evidence may seem to confirm the hypothesis, it still doesn't necessitate anything because maybe that is natural in the real universe. If you reverse your perspective you'll also see that we base our technology off of the same logical principles we see in nature and while it is an interesting happenstance, it could be that the errors are caused by either the background radiation itself and thus the error correction code might actually mimic the background radiation to compensate. This is the first I have heard about this theory, I thank you for introducing me to it. Based on what I've read about this simulation theory, string theory seems mostly uninvolved. String theory is an attempt to create the mythic unified theory of everything, but it hasn't been solved, not even in my time. The simulation theory is metaphysical, whereas String Theory is physical.
To find out whether our universe is follows that metaphysics, it would probably require a similar procedure as scientifically finding God.

Speaking of U.F.O. sightings, maybe I am doomed to be the Roswell Gray. All jokes aside though, there is a chance that I won't survive the trip, but the machine will and I was referring to that. We'll need to hope for the best scenario for this experiment to pan out. The best scenario is that I end up in both of our worldline's root worldline so that you people can receive your messages and so I can continue on to do my mission.

To the unprecedented amount of people who sent me messages over thanksgiving, I'm sorry for the delay in answering and I hope to reply to all of you soon. I will follow my protocol and answer the oldest messages first. Maybe to petition a time traveler, you could leave signposts across the nets asking for one to see if they can find, or have found, and relay such messages?

First though, I would like to announce some good news. I have finally discovered exactly what went wrong. There was a short in the connection between a forward sensor and one of the rear computer which caused a gross undercompensation, or an overcompensation depending on your perspective, that resulted in excess forces being pulled from the center of the ship. This caused the inner framework to be bent out of place and caused some unfortunately widespread damage. This included knocking out the connections for one of the rear computers, which caused the main computer to follow safety protocols and safely shut off the ship at the nearest destination. Luckily, the majority of the damage appears to be superficial. I need to at a minimum replace that inner framework before I replace or repair the damaged pieces, but I am going to attempt to see if I can redesign the framework to help ensure that it doesn't happen again. I may also try to improve the protocols again. If everything goes right, I could probably fix it by new years. I must admit that figuring this out is a great relief to me!

Aevi Vegr

Oh, also, Apoc, it depends on the situation you describe. I wouldn't want to make a scene. I am not going to go too far off course for it either.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well if you're going to be leaving some point in 2014, could I come with you? I have some personal business to attend to in the 1850s...

Aevi Vegr

Sorry, it's not happening. If I tried to fit everyone who asked that into my machine, it would be a clown machine, not a time machine.