Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

Liberty

Titor warned us about the nuclear war in 2015. So did qronos. When do you think the war will Russia will start? 2018 would mess up my schedule :)

Briggers

From that reasoning, Briggers, you could also say that the sinking of the Titanic was a plagiarism of the novella "Futility."
Well no it wouldnt Floyd, the sinking of the Titanic actually happened. Whereas yours is just a story, hence plagiarism.
Also from that logic I could argue like my friend did once: How do you know that the titanic actually sunk, for all we know our older generations could be together on some conspiracy? The only way you could prove it is to actually be there when it sunk. Then again how do we know you're telling the truth?
Are you for real? Theres quite compelling evidence that the Titanic sunk, one is the fact its on the bottom of the ocean. The second is the first hand accounts from the survivors.

paradox404

From that reasoning, Briggers, you could also say that the sinking of the Titanic was a plagiarism of the novella "Futility."
Well no it wouldnt Floyd, the sinking of the Titanic actually happened. Whereas yours is just a story, hence plagiarism.
Also from that logic I could argue like my friend did once: How do you know that the titanic actually sunk, for all we know our older generations could be together on some conspiracy? The only way you could prove it is to actually be there when it sunk. Then again how do we know you're telling the truth?
Are you for real? Theres quite compelling evidence that the Titanic sunk, one is the fact its on the bottom of the ocean. The second is the first hand accounts from the survivors.

You don't seem to understand my point, I know the titanic did sink, that was what my friend argued about it so I figured I'd have some fun with it since I found it a bit amusing. You just have to look at things from a different perspective.

Moving on, using the same arguing logic I could say:
1. Have you actually seen the titanic in person? You could just be hearing fabricated lies to fool us into thinking they found it, or that it actually existed.
2. Read my earlier post on this.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I haven't seen the wreck of the titanic, but I have met survivors. Have also met holocaust survivors too.

Khaos

impeachment is being discussed. :)

Its always being discussed. It was discussed when Bush Jr. was in office. It was discussed when Clinton was in office, and they actually began impeachment proceedings, but he ended up leaving the office before they could impeach him. Even Bush Sr. had impeachment discussions.

Liberty

True but I have a feeling. Guess we will see! I have a funny question?

Floyd are you a vegetarian?

Last edited:

Aevi Vegr

I am not a vegetarian. I eat what's available.

So the US govt detonated a nuke in Chicago, and blamed the revolutionarys to get everyone on their side?
Sounds like youve plagurised that from the TV show "Revolution"
Briggers, what I meant is that your statement is entirely invalid for at least three reasons.
1. You cannot prove that what happened in my history didn't happen in my history. If it happens in this worldline too, could it be called plagiarism? No, at best it would be an unfortunate coincident and at worse a self fulfilling prophecy.
2. I haven't seen "Revolution," but from a summary I read, their world is very different. If I were a hoaxer, I a still wouldn't be committing plagiarism any more than any other author; ideas rarely come from the void, a single similarity means nothing.
3. Patterns exist. The Turks committed genocide; Roosevelt committed genocide; the Nazi's committed genocide; the Maoists committed genocide; the pattern continues. As Karl Marx once said, "History often repeats itself; the first time a tragedy, the second time a farce." Why immediately jump to a fictional show when history is filled with examples of human depravity that I could have chosen from? The Nazi's went for German Nationals of political dissent before they even touched the Jews. Face it. The United States has had a long history of harming it's own citizens for military gain, or perceived military gain, or for the heck of it. Remember how the U.S. military forcibly kept strikers in the coal mines? Throughout the cold war, the United States used nuclear deterrence policies with an intentional flaw, but you probably wouldn't know about that.

Khaos

U.S. military forcibly kept strikers in the coal mines?

You're asking the average American this? You really think general population of this country knows its history? It doesn't. Some people think Obamacare and Affordable Care Act are two separate entities. I've met a few folks who believe The Great War and World War 1 were two different wars. :/

Nobody cares about their history anymore. Its not just limited to nationality, its expanded on everything. Religion as well. Most major mainstream religions, ask any of their members the history of their religion and they couldn't tell you. I know well what the United States has done to their own people and the people in other countries. The agent orange gas attack on Vietnam civilians during the 60s and 70s comes to mind... Even the 1950s St. Louis powdered zinc cadmium sulfide that was pumped into the air around neighborhoods filled with the poor and African Americans.