Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

Orpheus Rex

He said he would be leaving near new years... Maybe he did. He hasn't been on in an age.
Paradox, that's an awesome looking computer, if it's real then I want. Either way, they don't have enough details about the system for us to know if it really is a quantum computer or simply relying on some dozen other advanced chip technologies It fits a definition, but maybe not Aevi's. From what I can tell is that the computer is the size of a room and is designed as a neural net, as well as being in cryonics. It's 200 square feet, and consumes 15kw which I don't think includes the refrigeration unit. It also seems to require liquid nitrogen and a team of engineers. Aevi's were many times smaller.
So while it is commercial, I'm sure no one here can afford it. As far as it being a prototype or not, it is only available to the elites so the technology could still be considered to be prototypal, especially his version. Aevi said that the Government was afraid of such computers and stopped their progress along with anything else passing the technological singularity. I admit it seems unlikely that he wouldn't know about this considering the fact he seems to be passionate about computer history, but who knows.

I imagine the council of nine would act like the permanent five of the UN, but with regional dictatorial power...

paradox404

Its been almost a month since aevi's last reply, could this be because aevi isn't really a time traveler and is ignoring us now because of that?

Orpheus Rex

Sad, but possible. He was brilliant either way, or at least knowledgeable. The equation he gave was Krasnikov's from his essay "Paradox's of Time Travel," not for the light reader. On the other hand, he told me that he felt like he was going insane on several occassions... and that he was sick... and he seemed rather paranoid. I hope he's all right.

paradox404

e
He said he would be leaving near new years... Maybe he did. He hasn't been on in an age.
Paradox, that's an awesome looking computer, if it's real then I want. Either way, they don't have enough details about the system for us to know if it really is a quantum computer or simply relying on some dozen other advanced chip technologies It fits a definition, but maybe not Aevi's. From what I can tell is that the computer is the size of a room and is designed as a neural net, as well as being in cryonics. It's 200 square feet, and consumes 15kw which I don't think includes the refrigeration unit. It also seems to require liquid nitrogen and a team of engineers. Aevi's were many times smaller.
So while it is commercial, I'm sure no one here can afford it. As far as it being a prototype or not, it is only available to the elites so the technology could still be considered to be prototypal, especially his version. Aevi said that the Government was afraid of such computers and stopped their progress along with anything else passing the technological singularity. I admit it seems unlikely that he wouldn't know about this considering the fact he seems to be passionate about computer history, but who knows.

I imagine the council of nine would act like the permanent five of the UN, but with regional dictatorial power...

As far as I can tell, it seems legit. As for the cooling system, i think the newer models use solid cooling systems rather than the wet liquid nitrogen coolers to cool the niobium chips. From what I know, the "room" and all the layers around the cpu is magnetic shielding to stop the earths magnetic field interfearing with the cooling. As far as I know they are upto 512 Quibits and utilises the quantum mechanics that occur at something like 1 microkelvin, these tempratures aparently allow for phenominas like quantum disposition (I believe thats what its called, basically this allows an elcetron to be in two different places at once).

Sad, but possible. He was brilliant either way, or at least knowledgeable. The equation he gave was Krasnikov's from his essay "Paradox's of Time Travel," not for the light reader. On the other hand, he told me that he felt like he was going insane on several occassions... and that he was sick... and he seemed rather paranoid. I hope he's all right.

if he is a fraud, your right that he is very knowledgeable on the subject of time travel and the possibilities of the future. But if he was real and went insane, then that would be sort off expected, particularly in america at the moment, if the rest of the people here knew as much about the things that the goverment want us to ignore as I did, then you would probably go insane like aevi. People in this time just don't care anymore, they will hapily sign their rights away just so they don't "offend' someone. Do you pay attention to your surroundings as you begin to become strangers in your own country? So if aevi is actually insane then I can understand why, its a miricle I'm not.

Orpheus Rex

It really is a cool computer, designed to run in parallel to itself.
He described having constant nightmares including a depiction of dreaming having his legs amputated which Freud would say means that he feels limited by circumstance. I'm aware of my country and how screwed it is and the people.

Kuroo

I do admit I'm a noob but, hasn't Titor also had some difficulties to travel in time around 2000's? Was it relatad to high divergance rate of timeframes or something? I know these are stupid questions. I'm just wondering, if he didn't attempt to travel in time again not fully prepared and is now dead.
I also wonder why tried to go to the 1840's.

Last edited:

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well I was looking around on google (you ever try googling usernames? you find interesting stuff sometimes)

I found this, he posted a comment on a blog around the same time he started posting here.

Are you a time traveler?

What is interesting about that comment is, I've searched his name a few times through google and other search engines since he started posting here, and nothing has ever come up, other than indexed results from this topic and other topics he has posted in.

Yes I know, the comment doesn't prove anything, but its worth noting, I guess.

paradox404

It really is a cool computer, designed to run in parallel to itself.
He described having constant nightmares including a depiction of dreaming having his legs amputated which Freud would say means that he feels limited by circumstance. I'm aware of my country and how screwed it is and the people.

There is probably more that is screwed up about this world that neither of us know, then again that post reminds me of a recurring nightmare I had for a month or so, I would be restrained to a table and these people with buttons instead of eyes would be ripping my eyes out to replace them with buttons... Speaking of dystopian topics, apparentlyhe PC bregade are trying to remove gender because it offends people that are unable to be bothered to check which one they are.

I do admit I'm a noob but, hasn't Titor also had some difficulties to travel in time around 2000's? Was it relatad to high divergance rate of timeframes or something? I know these are stupid questions. I'm just wondering, if he didn't attempt to travel in time again not fully prepared and is now dead.
I also wonder why tried to go to the 1840's.

Aevi said he was going back in time to set up a resistance there so that when everything goes sour they'd be fully prepared. And yes John Titor had some issues with timetraveling in terms of his time machine diverging in accuracy from 2036 and breaking away after 60 years back in time. I don't understand your last question though, could you re-phrase it?
Well I was looking around on google (you ever try googling usernames? you find interesting stuff sometimes)

I found this, he posted a comment on a blog around the same time he started posting here.

Are you a time traveler?

What is interesting about that comment is, I've searched his name a few times through google and other search engines since he started posting here, and nothing has ever come up, other than indexed results from this topic and other topics he has posted in.

Yes I know, the comment doesn't prove anything, but its worth noting, I guess.
That's an interesting find, speaking off which if you through aevi vegr into google translate, it comes up as meaning "In honour of their deaths" in I belive it was Icelandic.

Orpheus Rex

He wanted to build a Shangri La, a place outside of time. I'm not sure we would see him well. He did intend to move west, so maybe we might see evidence of that.