Help building a divergence meter?

Apri1

Nah, you're more interesting to me than Dr Z. Though I've yet to truly find anyone who knows what they're talking about. If you'd like to help, then do so. Otherwise, addressing my skepticism of claims isn't relevant and is offtopic.

Apri1

Could you clarify what you mean by "time flow"? Also, while your solution may or may not work (not that any of us can test), it appears that it still doesn't resolve my issue, nor the purpose of building such a machine in the first place.

Apri1

There's a difference between not appearing to move (or just not moving), and not flowing through time. So yes, there is a difference. Technically speaking, stationary non-moving objects would move the fastest through time, not the slowest. This is why time dilation can bring you to the future by slowing down your own observed time relative to everything else, which proceeds as normal. You aren't moving slower, you're moving faster (and as a result, slower through time).

So you basically have it completely backwards.

paradox404

For my project (ftl drive) I will probably need to make a divergence meter, which I may or may not eventually make. That said it's not a high priority as I need to make a prototype drive first to actually understand what the actual fuck I'm looking for.

Anyway a divergence meter isn't particularly useful if you're not using it for anything, nor if it's not properly calibrated. Unfortunately you can't take shortcuts.

Apri1

For my project (ftl drive) I will probably need to make a divergence meter, which I may or may not eventually make. That said it's not a high priority as I need to make a prototype drive first to actually understand what the actual fuck I'm looking for.

Anyway a divergence meter isn't particularly useful if you're not using it for anything, nor if it's not properly calibrated. Unfortunately you can't take shortcuts.

Well yeah. I thought that much was obvious? I'm building it to use. What would be the point of making something if you're not going to use it? And yeah, it's definitely difficult to make one if you can't rapidly test it.

paradox404

Well yeah. I thought that much was obvious? I'm building it to use. What would be the point of making something if you're not going to use it? And yeah, it's definitely difficult to make one if you can't rapidly test it.

Perhaps you should focus on the temporal displacement drive instead of the divergence meter at this point. Maybe you'll find what you're after by accident. It's how a lot of inventions happen actually.