Help building a divergence meter?

Apri1

Yea mate. How'd you tell other than my location being Straya?

Basically since all matter emits it's own gravity, you should get a unique signature in different areas and times. A static area, such as a hill or field will emit a fairly consistent gravitational signature. Such a signature is suitable for "Time travel" as it would see minimum gravity variations, being mostly from rain.

Anyway, it stands to reason that the greater the divergence the greater the gravitational difference would be, and greater the chance that your hill or field is a town or a road in a parallel timeline, or even was never there in the first place.

Not sure if I've explained it properly but it should at least make more sense now what I mean.

Yeah sorry I'm still entirely lost. It sounds like you're suggesting to measure gravity of nearby surroundings, and then be able to measure when those surroundings change? That won't necessarily properly measure what I'm after. For instance, if my surrounding area is identical, despite other things changing (small decisions or something far away).

paradox404

Yeah sorry I'm still entirely lost. It sounds like you're suggesting to measure gravity of nearby surroundings, and then be able to measure when those surroundings change? That won't necessarily properly measure what I'm after. For instance, if my surrounding area is identical, despite other things changing (small decisions or something far away).

Yea that's basically what I was suggesting, it's a very crude and limited idea for a divergence calculator. Unfortunately I can't suggest anything more sophisticated without the device using a black hole or complicated maths.

I'm afraid the technology to create an actual, fully working divergence meter simply doesn't exist.

TimeFlipper

This is a pet project of mine for quite some time now. Mostly brainstorming, and a bit of experimentation. Unfortunately my efforts haven't succeeded quite yet. I'm looking to build a functional and proper divergence meter (such as the one in the anime Steins;Gate). But I'm unfortunately at a loss. Perhaps a bit due to my lack of physics knowledge, as well as my inability to quickly test my experiments.

My first attempt has been to take hashes of various files that contain content that I know differs among various timelines. Using those hashes I then construct a larger 'divergence value' which I can observe. To date, the number hasn't changed, despite changing timelines. Partially because much of the content remained the same, but also due to the lack of resolution within the files (that failed to capture the smaller changes).

You can find the meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site it's hosted: http://127.0.0.1:43110/1B2G4C4wiygqq87AMeExdwyiSLeVPksKj4/

You'll need ZeroNet to access the site.

View attachment 7289

If anyone has any ideas for the next version and test, I'm all ears. So far I've received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one timeline to another and then measuring the voltage (I doubt this would work, and I can't physically bring things between timelines anyway), and to measure the various traits of elementary particles (I see no reason this would work.)

All in all, a sad attempt. I can't seem to find anything clearly definitive of a particular timeline, and it seems most time travel claims fail to even address the topic and question.

April, in your first paragraph you said that you wanted to build a, "Functional and Proper Divergence Meter such as the one in the anime Steins Gate"....The anime Steins Gate was a follow on from the Video Game with the same name, and is simply a fictional story about a group of friends that create a machine to send messages across Time (In Anime)...

A "real" Divergence Meter only exists within the video game and the anime Steins Gate story, in "real" life it does not exist...
Yes, there are models of the Divergence Meter on You Tube, but they do not have the ability to switch across "Time-Lines", they are simply "Mock Up" versions which are programmed by fans of the video-game and show, to do simple specific tasks, which can then be measured on the Digit Counter Read Out, such as telling what the real time is...

The Divergence Meter V10 which you showed us above, is an early 1950s Digital Counter Read Out, which modern day LED`s have long superseded..

Always remember that a Digital Read Out Counter can only read out what it is programmed to do, but at present nobody has come up with any "real" programs to switch Time-Lines...Iam forwarding a You Tube video clip of a guy who has programmed his own version of a Divergence Meter, there are 18 programs on it for you to see...Infact there are several versions of them, all with the 1950s style Digital Read Out Counter, as was in the Video Game and Story...Also some Anime Pics Showing The Divergence Meter In It..

Anime2.jpg22.jpg

TimeFlipper

it exists.
time fields have really weird side effects.
that's what's used to create one.

The meter is only supposed to read out what it is programmed to do...There are no programs around that can measure Time-Line Divergence or even time fields as you prefer to call them, unless you would care to show us one that actually exists in Reality?....