Help building a divergence meter?

Apri1

Perhaps you should focus on the temporal displacement drive instead of the divergence meter at this point. Maybe you'll find what you're after by accident. It's how a lot of inventions happen actually.

The point of doing the divergence meter first was so that I can isolate the moments and events of my experienced timeline shifts so that I may properly investigate.

TimeFlipper

This is a pet project of mine for quite some time now. Mostly brainstorming, and a bit of experimentation. Unfortunately my efforts haven't succeeded quite yet. I'm looking to build a functional and proper divergence meter (such as the one in the anime Steins;Gate). But I'm unfortunately at a loss. Perhaps a bit due to my lack of physics knowledge, as well as my inability to quickly test my experiments.

My first attempt has been to take hashes of various files that contain content that I know differs among various timelines. Using those hashes I then construct a larger 'divergence value' which I can observe. To date, the number hasn't changed, despite changing timelines. Partially because much of the content remained the same, but also due to the lack of resolution within the files (that failed to capture the smaller changes).

You can find the meter itself, along with the source code on the ZeroNet site it's hosted: http://127.0.0.1:43110/1B2G4C4wiygqq87AMeExdwyiSLeVPksKj4/

You'll need ZeroNet to access the site.

View attachment 7289

If anyone has any ideas for the next version and test, I'm all ears. So far I've received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one timeline to another and then measuring the voltage (I doubt this would work, and I can't physically bring things between timelines anyway), and to measure the various traits of elementary particles (I see no reason this would work.)

All in all, a sad attempt. I can't seem to find anything clearly definitive of a particular timeline, and it seems most time travel claims fail to even address the topic and question.

I think you need to look carefully at exactly what you said in your your first posting, and even the title of your thread which is..Help Building a divergence meter...Its you who first started talking about "time-lines", perhaps you should carefully read through exactly what you said, and for what PURPOSE do you require a Divergence Meter For???..You clearly said, (("im looking to build a functional and proper Divergence Meter, such as the one in the anime SteinGates"))...

Read carefully through your second paragraph...What "exactly" do you mean when you speak about Time-lines, and why do you imply that you actually do have a Divergent Meter which you have tested but, "Despite changing time-lines which i know of, the number ((on the divergent meter that you showed us)), has`nt changed.....
And then you go on to ask us, if anyone has any ideas for the next version and test ((of the divergent meter i presume)) , im all ears....

You also said that, So far I`ve received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one time-line to another and then measuring the voltage etc etc etc....What exactly are you trying to achieve???..o_O

@Einstein can you see anything that i might have misquoted about Apri1 mate...Does it appear to you that Apri1 does indeed have one of those Divergent Meters that someone else has made and Apri1 imagines that its real??.....I think we all need to know what Apri1 exactly means when talking about Time-Lines, and wanting us to help with an idea for the next version of the non real Divergent Meter...:D..

Maybe Apri1 has a picture of his or her own Divergence Meter, which iam certain all of us would love to see, and also go through exactly how the DM functions, electronically...(y)..

Last edited:

paradox404

The point of doing the divergence meter first was so that I can isolate the moments and events of my experienced timeline shifts so that I may properly investigate.

As I said you cannot build a device to capture timeline changes when you do not understand what changes you are looking for. The problem with electronics is that you have to tell them EXACTLY what you want them to do, so basically you need to understand what you want it to look for, how you want it to look for it and how to tell it how to do it.

You need the time machine before making the meter...

TimeFlipper

As I said you cannot build a device to capture timeline changes when you do not understand what changes you are looking for. The problem with electronics is that you have to tell them EXACTLY what you want them to do, so basically you need to understand what you want it to look for, how you want it to look for it and how to tell it how to do it.

Apri1 needs to explain exactly what a Time Line is and how it is electronically accessed, and you are perfectly correct in what you posted about electronics Paradox404.....Apri1 stresses however that the Divergence Meter is NOT a time-machine!!!, but its probably very close to being one, seeing as it can access time-lines in some magical way that Apri1 has not told us about yet ;) :D..

Mayhem

Zenith
Its not about a time machine, the objective is to quantify and measure the shift.

To where a individual where may feel they have shifted to.

The next question is as is quite rightly pointed out is how can this be measured.

Apri1

I think you need to look carefully at exactly what you said in your your first posting, and even the title of your thread which is..Help Building a divergence meter...Its you who first started talking about "time-lines", perhaps you should carefully read through exactly what you said, and for what PURPOSE do you require a Divergence Meter For???..You clearly said, (("im looking to build a functional and proper Divergence Meter, such as the one in the anime SteinGates"))...

I thought I had made myself clear? Did I misspeak? I am looking for help to fix/build/improve my divergence meter. The functionality of which is to distinguish between and measure the current timeline one is in. Was that unclear? Is this not the forum for discussions related to time navigation devices?

Read carefully through your second paragraph...What "exactly" do you mean when you speak about Time-lines, and why do you imply that you actually do have a Divergent Meter which you have tested but, "Despite changing time-lines which i know of, the number ((on the divergent meter that you showed us)), has`nt changed.....
And then you go on to ask us, if anyone has any ideas for the next version and test ((of the divergent meter i presume)) , im all ears....

Yes. I linked my divergence meter in the opening post, along with instructions on how to access it, and how it works. I also posted a screenshot of it. Did you not look at it? By timelines I'm referring to the various probabilistic outcomes that branch off into different actualized chronologies of events. It's a bit shocking to me that on a time travel forum people would not understand basic vocabulary related to time travel. Am I in the wrong place? I'm a bit lost on how you aren't following even the basics.

And yes, so far my divergence meter has failed to function as it was intended to. I know why, but I'm not sure what would be a better solution to my problem. My first and very naive attempt clearly failed miserably.

You also said that, So far I`ve received a recommendation to try: taking a battery from one time-line to another and then measuring the voltage etc etc etc....What exactly are you trying to achieve???..o_O

Right. That was one recommendation. While that may indeed work for physical travel between timelines, it won't work for my situation (meta/mental travel).

@Einstein can you see anything that i might have misquoted about Apri1 mate...Does it appear to you that Apri1 does indeed have one of those Divergent Meters that someone else has made and Apri1 imagines that its real??.....I think we all need to know what Apri1 exactly means when talking about Time-Lines, and wanting us to help with an idea for the next version of the non real Divergent Meter...:D..

Maybe Apri1 has a picture of his or her own Divergence Meter, which iam certain all of us would love to see, and also go through exactly how the DM functions, electronically...(y)..

I built my own meter thank you very much. I'm not interested in toys like the ones shown earlier. I quite clearly posted a screenshot of my meter, the displayed result, along with the page it's hosted on and software to access it. Did you not even read the opening post? Perhaps read my posts more carefully? I explained the method I used, and the source code is completely open for anyone to see. If you indeed would "love to see it", you can just follow the links I posted.

I think you've misunderstood my situation. I've already been to multiple timelines, and have recorded and compared the differences I have observed. However, I lack the ability to intentionally travel between them, and I hope my divergence meter would be the first step towards that (being able to isolate the situation which causes the shifts). I really do wonder if you actually took a look at my code or not. What exactly do you think I did?

Apri1 needs to explain exactly what a Time Line is and how it is electronically accessed, and you are perfectly correct in what you posted about electronics Paradox404.....Apri1 stresses however that the Divergence Meter is NOT a time-machine!!!, but its probably very close to being one, seeing as it can access time-lines in some magical way that Apri1 has not told us about yet ;):D..

I already detailed how my first attempt at a divergence meter operates. Apparently you have failed to read it. I'm not sure why you think I'm "electronically accessing" anything. I explained what my meter is doing, and stated it has failed to get the results I'm looking for. Hence this thread.

What exactly do you think I'm hiding from you?

paradox404

I think you've misunderstood my situation. I've already been to multiple timelines, and have recorded and compared the differences I have observed. However, I lack the ability to intentionally travel between them, and I hope my divergence meter would be the first step towards that (being able to isolate the situation which causes the shifts). I really do wonder if you actually took a look at my code or not[. What exactly did you think I did?

No I understand your situation perfectly. I'm in the same situation as you as well. I occasionally slide between timelines. In fact in my "Original" timeline WW3 actually broke out on the 16th of March 2015 if I recall the date correctly. (Julian Assange was arrested as well btw) I too would be interested in making a meter but the problem comes down to finding what you are looking for.

As for the code. There was no link to the source code on that page you linked. I saw a meter that said 37 percent or whatever. As for that Avenue, I can't look at it and make suggestions if I have nothing to look at...

TimeFlipper

I thought I had made myself clear? Did I misspeak? I am looking for help to fix/build/improve my divergence meter. The functionality of which is to distinguish between and measure the current timeline one is in. Was that unclear? Is this not the forum for discussions related to time navigation devices?

Yes. I linked my divergence meter in the opening post, along with instructions on how to access it, and how it works. I also posted a screenshot of it. Did you not look at it? By timelines I'm referring to the various probabilistic outcomes that branch off into different actualized chronologies of events. It's a bit shocking to me that on a time travel forum people would not understand basic vocabulary related to time travel. Am I in the wrong place? I'm a bit lost on how you aren't following even the basics.

And yes, so far my divergence meter has failed to function as it was intended to. I know why, but I'm not sure what would be a better solution to my problem. My first and very naive attempt clearly failed miserably.

Right. That was one recommendation. While that may indeed work for physical travel between timelines, it won't work for my situation (meta/mental travel).

I built my own meter thank you very much. I'm not interested in toys like the ones shown earlier. I quite clearly posted a screenshot of my meter, the displayed result, along with the page it's hosted on and software to access it. Did you not even read the opening post? Perhaps read my posts more carefully? I explained the method I used, and the source code is completely open for anyone to see. If you indeed would "love to see it", you can just follow the links I posted.

I think you've misunderstood my situation. I've already been to multiple timelines, and have recorded and compared the differences I have observed. However, I lack the ability to intentionally travel between them, and I hope my divergence meter would be the first step towards that (being able to isolate the situation which causes the shifts). I really do wonder if you actually took a look at my code or not. What exactly do you think I did?

I already detailed how my first attempt at a divergence meter operates. Apparently you have failed to read it. I'm not sure why you think I'm "electronically accessing" anything. I explained what my meter is doing, and stated it has failed to get the results I'm looking for. Hence this thread.

What exactly do you think I'm hiding from you?

I CANNOT access those links that you provided for us in your very first posting, so would you kindly humour an old geezer (thats me) and show me a picture of your own Divergence Meter and exactly what was in the other link...thanks :)..

The manner in which you explained how the Divergence Meter works in your very first posting was lacking anything that gives a clear understanding of what it is that you are talking about...frankly, anyone can write what you said because it is meaningless..

I will once again show what it was that you said in your very first posting, which was "supposed" to explain your own Divergent Meter...

Quote: My first attempt has been to take "hashes" of various "files" that "contain content" "I know" differs among various timelines, because using those "hashes" I then construct a larger "divergence value" which i can "observe" . To date the "number" hasn`t changed, despite "changing timelines" Partially because much of the content remained the same, but also due to the lack of "resolution" within the "files" that failed to "capture" the smaller changes (end of quote) ....The above paragraph is as clear as mud..

If any other member has seen those two links from Apri1, please send me the photograph of Apri1s Divergent Meter, plus anything else those files revealed in her very first posting on Page one of this thread.....I have tried to access those files and all i got on several occasions was, CANNOT LOCATE THESE FILES...Therefore if Apri1 cannot show me what were in those two links, hopefully some of our other members has seen them and can help me please..

Apri1, you say that you have been to "other timelines", you have every right on Paranormalis to say that, and i also have the right to say that personally, i dont believe you...I f you have actually built your own Divergence Meter, you would know what the electronics and electrical systems that you used to hopefully "access the timelines"....Thank you for your attention :)..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

I was unwilling to install the software necessary to observe the reference material for Apri1's divergent meter. If anyone else took the chance to do so, then please by all means post the info for the rest of us to see.