How does one stay safe while using magick?

Kairos

When you violate the first commandment, you place yourself outside the protection of God. What you call magic is trafficking in demons. You probably don't want to hear this, but consider I am speaking to you from experience. Casting spells, clairvoyance, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc., can all get you into a world of hurt. Been there. Done that. Don't get involved.

Mayhem

Zenith
I hear that using it can be dangerous. How can one stay safe while using magick?

I think its all depends what your intention is?

If it to help or aid, or for some personal gain or damage to something or someone you'd want to know what your doing.

Thrice the power rebounds back on the one.

Tarot cards , been using for 25 odd years so i dont see them beeing harmful. Unless you incorporate them in some nefarious action.

StarTraveller94

When you violate the first commandment, you place yourself outside the protection of God. What you call magic is trafficking in demons. You probably don't want to hear this, but consider I am speaking to you from experience. Casting spells, clairvoyance, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc., can all get you into a world of hurt. Been there. Done that. Don't get involved.
Then what do you say to all the stories of people who have supposedly successfully used magic with nothing bad happening to them?

Kairos

Then what do you say to all the stories of people who have supposedly successfully used magic with nothing bad happening to them?

Depends upon how you frame it. They might get what they want in this world, but they lost everything. If you've been doing these things, you are in a bad place right now. Try to get right with God, and you could very well see the dark side of these "helpers". On the other hand, you might be unafflicted and only need to ask for forgiveness.