How to do magick without complex rituals

Mr Unknown

I live in a christian conservative house. I don't have the space or the time or permission to buy a book of occultism and candles and do rituals. I've tried meditation, lucid dreaming and binaural Beats but nothing happens. I want to have a mystical experience. I want to believe in something because I've heard and seen so much stuff, I don't know what to believe in anymore. I don't even know what to do with my life. And I need the intelligence of a higher being to guide me and help me through the difficult problems I'm passing through.

TimeFlipper

I live in a christian conservative house. I don't have the space or the time or permission to buy a book of occultism and candles and do rituals. I've tried meditation, lucid dreaming and binaural Beats but nothing happens. I want to have a mystical experience. I want to believe in something because I've heard and seen so much stuff, I don't know what to believe in anymore. I don't even know what to do with my life. And I need the intelligence of a higher being to guide me and help me through the difficult problems I'm passing through.

I believe you might discover that many of those "higher beings" you mentioned are very evil entities!! :devilish:(n)

Mayhem

Zenith
I would advise you to look at Mouni Sadhu. He spent some time in the east many years ago.

Not necessarily occultism, nevertheless well worth reading some of his books.

They can be gained free on the net. Well some of them.

• Quem Sou Eu? (Who am I?) - 1948[85][86]
  • In Days of Great Peace - at the Feet of Sri Ramana Maharshi - Diary Leaves from India - first published in 1952, printed by Ramnarayan Press, Bangalore, India
  • In Days of Great Peace - the Highest Yoga as Lived - 2nd ed. revised and enlarged - 1957 by George Allen and Unwin
  • Concentration - A Guide to Mental Mastery - 1959 (USA) edition published by Harper and Brothers, New York or published in Great Britain as Concentration-An Outline for Practical Study - 1959 by George Allen and Unwin
  • Ways to Self-Realization - A Modern Evaluation of Occultism and Spiritual Paths - 1962 in the USA by The Julian Press and in 1963 in Great Britain by George Allen and Unwin
  • Samadhi - The Superconsciousness of the Future - 1962
  • The Tarot - A Contemporary Course on the Quintessence of Hermetic Occultism - 1962
  • Theurgy - The Art of Effective Worship - 1965
  • Meditation - An Outline for Practical Study - 1967
  • Initiations by Paul Sedir; translated from the French by Mouni Sadhu. - 1967

TimeFlipper

I would advise you to look at Mouni Sadhu. He spent some time in the east many years ago.

Not necessarily occultism, nevertheless well worth reading some of his books.

They can be gained free on the net. Well some of them.

• Quem Sou Eu? (Who am I?) - 1948[85][86]
  • In Days of Great Peace - at the Feet of Sri Ramana Maharshi - Diary Leaves from India - first published in 1952, printed by Ramnarayan Press, Bangalore, India
  • In Days of Great Peace - the Highest Yoga as Lived - 2nd ed. revised and enlarged - 1957 by George Allen and Unwin
  • Concentration - A Guide to Mental Mastery - 1959 (USA) edition published by Harper and Brothers, New York or published in Great Britain as Concentration-An Outline for Practical Study - 1959 by George Allen and Unwin
  • Ways to Self-Realization - A Modern Evaluation of Occultism and Spiritual Paths - 1962 in the USA by The Julian Press and in 1963 in Great Britain by George Allen and Unwin
  • Samadhi - The Superconsciousness of the Future - 1962
  • The Tarot - A Contemporary Course on the Quintessence of Hermetic Occultism - 1962
  • Theurgy - The Art of Effective Worship - 1965
  • Meditation - An Outline for Practical Study - 1967
  • Initiations by Paul Sedir; translated from the French by Mouni Sadhu. - 1967

Excellent summary of worthwhile books (y):)..

TimeFlipper

Demons? What type of evil entity? Can you show me how to contact with them?

Iam not trying to encourage you into contacting evil entities, iam trying very hard to PREVENT you from trying to!!
You tell us that you come from a Christian background, therefore i strongly suggest that you speak to those people about the DANGERS of evil entities!!...For goodness sake grow up!! :mad:..

Mr Unknown

Iam not trying to encourage you into contacting evil entities, iam trying very hard to PREVENT you from trying to!!
You tell us that you come from a Christian background, therefore i strongly suggest that you speak to those people about the DANGERS of evil entities!!...For goodness sake grow up!! :mad:..
Ok sir. Sorry.

iamonarch

--You say you want to believe, but don't have the time/freedom to pursue possibilities, so you want advice on how obtain guidance from a higher power in times of trouble...and I assume you don't mean guidance from the Tetragrammaton (God of the Judeo-Christian faith).
--The Christian religion deals in part with the conflict between "good and evil" and how one should conduct themselves, but none of that is a uniquely Christian concept. In some very real sense, it's a human universal. The different approaches to spirituality that characterize the "East," for example, deal with that conflict, as well, though they use different motifs (images, stories, ideas, etc.). Therefore, Christianity can be thought of as nothing more than a system that uses specific motifs to explore universal concepts.
--All of that is to say...that the various religions and belief systems throughout time/space are merely different approaches to universal questions, struggles, and contemplations. For example, you don't have to believe in Ares to feel the intoxication of rage, and you don't have to believe in the devil to know that giving in to rage and hurting other people is "wrong"; different motifs, but the same universals.
--I was raised Christian, and it took a very long time for me entertain the idea that Christianity was simply a system that helps one deal with psychological issues and concerns. Basically, I believed, until further research made it impossible for me to believe in anything except "science," i.e. what's "real"; at that point, religion becomes nothing but a game in one's mind. It took an even longer time, however, for me to realize that underneath what's "real" is exactly what religion had been presenting the entire time. It was like this, in essence: God was an actual figure in the clouds, then God was nothing but a figure in my mind, and then God became...something else entirely. Approaching anything, whether it be a belief system of even one's "true self," is like approaching a pond: At first all one sees is the surface, and they believe that's all there is to be seen until they step into the water. Exploring that vast body of water, one eventually reaches the bottom and believe they understand everything, and that is where most people stop. To sink through the bottom--to find yourself on the other side--and to explore everything once again, but from a new perspective...that is the next step. Eventually, one finds themselves staring at the surface of the water once again, only now, having explored the depths to the point that they were able to transcend the bottom and come out the other side...now they have a real, true understanding.
--That's what it's been like for me, anyway--and it's been a journey that's been taking place for...seventeen years now. I was like you...I wanted to know. I wanted to see. I wanted to believe. I got what I wanted, but seeing, experiencing--BELIEVING--doesn't necessarily mean UNDERSTANDING.
--The way I started was like this: I focused on the thing I believed in the most. It doesn't matter what you call it--God, the Devil, the Tetragrammaton, Allah, Zeus, the Source, etc.--all that matters is that you trust it. You can feel it--whatever it is--even if you don't believe in anything...You know whatever that thing is for you; everyone does. Focus on that...and just ask, man. Ask it for the thing you want most: Proof, knowledge, understanding, and take every opportunity you see that makes you think, "Yeah, that's part of it." Then...you wait--but you also act. Eventually, you'll get there: You'll get the answers you want, but like everyone else will tell you (because it's true)...You actually have to want it. Most people, I think, really don't want to know--they just want something that's easy in the moment. If you're really sure, though...then, yeah.
--That's what it's been like for me anyway...and I'm not saying I wish it was different or that what happened didn't happen, but, well...It changed everything about me and my life.
--Just be sure of yourself--know that you can obtain answers, that reality is knowable, and that in some way or another everything everyone's ever said it is all true...and then go.

alpha centauri

I think, the Christian faith has enough rituals, if you want to do a few. You can do thankfulness meditations and praise God or something like that, that would also increase humility.

Franz Bardon has a system of character development. You can try it. Important are only the first steps. But dont buy the books, because they are overpriced at the moment. But you do not want to buy a book anyway. Read it on the computer or on the smartphone. He lived also in a Chrisitian house and he valuea Jesus.

Paramahansa Yogananda is also a good teacher. The teachings are similar but are more Indian influenced. Jesus taught the same teachings according to him. So you dont have to change much.
There is a good summary about the Gurus:

Practicing unconditional love is always important, too.

Parazite1986

Speaking of PDFs on phones sound like a good idea. I rather you mess around with angels instead of demons. Stay away from the left hand path.