I-Doser

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I-Doser

I've seen that a few months ago.
I tried it once, but not seriously, so it does nothing, but some say it works.
I-Doser: Binaural Brainwave Doses
They say you plug yourself on that, relax, and enjoy the effects of the "dose". I'll maybe try it in a few weeks, I'll see.

Here's a link to wiki about binaural beats
This have to do with the human mind, astral plane projections, etc.
They say they can reproduce the effects of drugs, etc with these beats.

I must say, I'm convinced it doesn't do anything at all, but something pushes me to try it for real at least once.
"It's a science experiment !"
I'm gonna post my results if I ever do the experiment ! :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know what Harte thinks of that one, if he ever heard of it.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: I-Doser

yes it can effect the mind
sound is very dangerious to play with please be carefull

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Really ?
I've read some forums about it that talked about pretty strong doses. They say to not start with these.
I would try some weak doses, just to see what it does.

Some people went crazy with some doses, like "hand of god" and "peyote". That sounds crazy, but maybe... it works when tested in proper conditions...

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I have no first hand experince with this type of sound use. but the cruse ships have deployed a super sound cannon that will disoreant the attacking pirets. there are rumors of military sound wepons that can reduce a man to floppnig on the ground like a fish. vomit violantly. frequ. and loudness makes all the diff.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

kc wildman said:
there are rumors of military sound wepons that can reduce a man to floppnig on the ground like a fish. vomit violantly. frequ. and loudness makes all the diff.
Didn't the Nazi wanted to try this ?

I heard that a while ago, I think they were studying these technologies. Pretty weird, it's made that a certain frequencies make your brain go crazy, knocked out.

They can't control you, but you're just K.O. on the ground until they turn off their giant speakers.

Num7

Keroscene

Its kind of weird how they label their product "doses". Maybe i should drop a couple hits of acid before listening to it?

Recent studies have shown that people have seizures when listening to certain types of music.

People cringe at the sound of a screeching chalkboard. Its not too much of a stretch to think there are unbearable frequencies. For me, there seems to be alot of them in country music.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

baudmiksen said:
Its kind of weird how they label their product "doses". Maybe i should drop a couple hits of acid before listening to it?

Recent studies have shown that people have seizures when listening to certain types of music.

People cringe at the sound of a screeching chalkboard. Its not too much of a stretch to think there are unbearable frequencies. For me, there seems to be alot of them in country music.[/quote

LOL guess that all depends on which country you decide to listen to the music from huh.
hey if you play country music backwards
(oh yeh we call it redneck skillet lickin trailer trash tunes)
you get your wife back
your dog back
your job back
oh shit play it forwards quick
realy thow guys, I can't stress this enough. sound is very dangerous to play with. it will kill in the rite freq. range and power level. please be very carefull what you do

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'm currious if anyone ever tried this. I gave it a try only once a few weeks before I started this thread last year, but it didn't really work, nothing happenned... I guess I wasn't doing it right.

Anyone ?

shane

I've been composing and mixing music to achieve psychological effects for years. To put it simply, this may not be a scam, but it does seem to be a grand oversimplification. Putting a Doppler filter on your drum machine and applying some basic stereo pans is not going to get you high. The best thing you'll accomplish there is making yourself nauseous, and then only if the pans are fast enough and you're wearing headphones.

A few years ago, I mixed a track that was capable of inducing anxiety attacks in those predisposed. It was sixteen tracks deep and functioned on what I refer to as the mall-noise threshold principle. The most surprising effect I ever achieved was an electronic oscillator that made two out of five listeners feel like they had to pee.

What I'm getting at here is that sound can make you feel a lot of things if you're open to it. However, if you're looking for a track to make you feel high, you'll have much better luck picking up The Mars Volta's Amputechture, Black Dice's Broken Ear Record, or if you're feeling especially brave, The Flaming Lips' quadraphonic masterpeice - Zaireeka. You'll feel a lot better, you'll save money, you won't get any spyware on your computer and you just may expand your musical taste.