Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

Gnostic Christian

Maybe they have, maybe they haven’t. Learning takes time, but they will never learn if you refuse to give them the chance. From what I can see, you’ve already condemned them. You aren’t trying to teach anyone, you are trying to force your opinion on them. That will always lead to resistance, whether your opinion is right or wrong.
Your last is correct.

An here you are berating me for putting out the right message.

Thanks for helping me reduce the harm religions continue to do.

The condemnation is love. I follow scriptures in how to express my love.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL

Your last is correct.

An here you are berating me for putting out the right message.

Thanks for helping me reduce the harm religions continue to do.

The condemnation is love. I follow scriptures in how to express my love.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL

You aren’t putting out the right message in the right way. You can keep sending your messages the way you want, but the result should hardly surprise you.

As for correcting, again, forcing your opinion won’t work. Not to mention, there isn’t always a clear “good” or “bad”, so just because you disagree with something they accept, doesn’t make it wrong.

In any case, if you want people to listen to your beliefs, you have to actually teach. It’s like the difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. Maybe it works with a few people, but the majority will ignore or resist you.

Most importantly, condemnation is not love. Love is understanding, acceptance, and guidance. Condemnation will cause people to put up walls that only serve to cement them in their ways, right or wrong.

Gnostic Christian

acceptance,

I will let the moral misfits accept the homophobia and misogyny that the mainstream religions dole out.

I will not accept people thinking that a genocidal god is somehow a good god.

Love is understanding, acceptance, and guidance.

You did not quote the source so I will not bother either that says that to correct poor thinking is how a father shows his greatest love.

You have decided to forego that gift from god but I will bask in that love.

there isn’t always a clear “good” or “bad”,

Such would be rare instances.

I cannot agree, given that you did not provide an argument for your opinion for me to agree to or critique.

But in the case of a genocidal god, if you cannot judge right, as to if a satanic or a good god would use genocides, then I can understand your indecision.

Regards
DL

I will let the moral misfits accept the homophobia and misogyny that the mainstream religions dole out.

I will not accept people thinking that a genocidal god is somehow a good god.
Acceptance and agreement are different things. The point of acceptance, even with things you disagree with, is to open discussion. It is a step towards understanding, and further down the road is teaching. If you cannot take the first steps, you will never reach the end of the path.

You did not quote the source so I will not bother either that says that to correct poor thinking is how a father shows his greatest love.
Oh yes, let me quote a philosophical source from 500 years ago, or better yet, a few thousand.

Such would be rare instances.

I cannot agree, given that you did not provide an argument for your opinion for me to agree to or critique.

But in the case of a genocidal god, if you cannot judge right, as to if a satanic or a good god would use genocides, then I can understand your indecision.

Regards
DL

Not nearly as rare as you think. The world is not made in black and white, red and blue, or right and wrong. You speak against different prejudices, while carrying your own rather happily.

You can bring a random opinion of yours up as if I was saying genocide isn’t a clear “right” or “wrong” when I was clearly speaking generally, which is among dozens of things you have ignored, but it only shows you forcing your opinion. That being said, genocide is obviously wrong.
Are you offering to show me a better way to chastise immoral Christians and Muslims?

You would have to proof and rewrite much to get better than what I put.

Regards
DL

What would be the point? You seem to have walls built and are under the impression that if you believe something, it is fact. You cannot teach those who do not wish to be taught, and your pride clouds your judgement.

Gnostic Christian

is to open discussion.
The discussion was already going, or you would have nowhere to put anything you have.

Am I supposed to ignore you putting the horse behind the wagon?

You want to impose rules to what by definition does not have any.

If you cannot take the first steps, you will never reach the end of the path.
You try to teach when you should try to learn.

Oh yes, let me quote a philosophical source from 500 years ago, or better yet, a few thousand.

There is nothing new under the sun and wisdom is eternal. Sorry you do not love your children enough to correct their poor thinking.

Try loving everyone the way I do.

Not nearly as rare as you think. The world is not made in black and white, red and blue, or right and wrong. You speak against different prejudices, while carrying your own rather happily.

Unfounded claims, from one who is showing his prejudice, rather happily.

Dumb.

You judge yet get upset if I judge. You show prejudice while bitching about my doing so.

Is reciprocity and both following rules not a thing in whatever hell you live in?

What would be the point? You seem to have walls built and are under the impression that if you believe something, it is fact. You cannot teach those who do not wish to be taught, and your pride clouds your judgement.

The point is that this should not be about you and I. It should be about policy and the larger picture.

The victims and oppressed by religions are counting on us.

You are not mentally or morally fit to judge me, as indicated by you not calling out the evils of religions, like homophobia, misogyny and adoring a genocidal satanic god.

Regards
DL

The discussion was already going, or you would have nowhere to put anything you have.
A discussion in which only one side is expected to listen is not a discussion anyone will want to be a part of. You close discussion almost as soon as you begin.

You want to impose rules to what by definition does not have any.
I’m not imposing rules on anything. I am saying that in order to teach you have to accept the current character of whom you are teaching, otherwise how can you hope to build upon it?
You try to teach when you should try to learn.
We are all learning. We never stop. Except for those who chose to.
There is nothing new under the sun and wisdom is eternal. Sorry you do not love your children enough to correct their poor thinking.
This is not so. As long as we are stuck in the past we won’t reach the future.

Try loving everyone the way I do.

By hating? No thanks. Instead of condemning those who have committed wrongdoing and telling them to be a certain way, I will strive to show them how to, why to, be that way.
Unfounded claims, from one who is showing his prejudice, rather happily.
Please, do tell me about my prejudices.
Rude.
You judge yet get upset if I judge. You show prejudice while bitching about my doing so.
When did I get upset? I’m confused.
The point is that this should not be about you and I. It should be about policy and the larger picture.
It’s all well and good to see the big picture, but you can’t lose sight of the little things in the process.
The victims and oppressed by religions are counting on us.
There are a lot more people counting on “us” than those oppressed by religion.

You are not mentally or morally fit to judge me, as indicated by you not calling out the evils of religions, like homophobia, misogyny and adoring a genocidal satanic god.

Regards
DL

Excuse me? When was this? Do you even KNOW me? I pretty much exist solely to contribute to calling out and finding solutions to exactly those things, and more.

Gnostic Christian

A discussion in which only one side is expected to listen is not a discussion anyone will want to be a part of. You close discussion almost as soon as you begin.

I’m not imposing rules on anything. I am saying that in order to teach you have to accept the current character of whom you are teaching, otherwise how can you hope to build upon it?

We are all learning. We never stop. Except for those who chose to.

This is not so. As long as we are stuck in the past we won’t reach the future.

By hating? No thanks. Instead of condemning those who have committed wrongdoing and telling them to be a certain way, I will strive to show them how to, why to, be that way.

Please, do tell me about my prejudices.

Rude.

When did I get upset? I’m confused.

It’s all well and good to see the big picture, but you can’t lose sight of the little things in the process.

There are a lot more people counting on “us” than those oppressed by religion.

Excuse me? When was this? Do you even KNOW me? I pretty much exist solely to contribute to calling out and finding solutions to exactly those things, and more.

Then thank for being on my side, and condemning all genocidal god's like Yahweh and Jesus and their homophobic and misogynous religions.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

That is the definion of akasha of Bardon. I adopted it. I am not completely sure either but I think that is correct. That is why I said my opinion is and did not say it as a fact.

Perhaps, but it is helping the mental and physical health of women or gay.

In these places, I put the oppressed POV and oppressors do not like it.

Seems to me that Jesus said something about putting others ahead of ourselves.

Some do and those who do not, the religious, bitch or run.
You are missing the point. I was trying to make.

You should critcize it in a loving state instead of a angry state. I did not say you should not criticize it.

This belies what you put.
Je ne comprend pas. Do you have scientific proof that love is born of hate?

Edit: You said it the other way around. Do you have scientific proof that hate is born of love?
The most loving people should also hate the most but that is not the case. Those people with the least empathy and love, are hating the most as far as I know. They hate, because they lack love. If you have other data, I want to hear it.

Last edited: