Is An Ancient City Hidden Under Antarctica?

RHYS

FYI: I didn't ask a single question anywhere in this topic. Perhaps that is the main problem with your dilemma to answer. No question = no difficulty or reason for any answer = the epitome of common English.

Trekkie

Ancient cities like the axtecs pyramids being found under Antarctica , yes I saw that in aliens Vs Predator movie but surely ancient cities can be found under anywhere and not just incited from Hollywood blockbusters

JackStagger

If there are cities under the ice I would be surprised because of how and why the ice forms. As long as the magnetic field lines of the Earth keep their axis and are of sufficient strength the poles will be iced over. Perhaps at a time when the poles shifted there would have been a period where it was mildly habitable there. I doubt long enough for any real civilization to establish itself, though I'm guessing. Perhaps ice cap now covers a plate which moved from somewhere more habitable, again I am guessing.

If I were going to build a modern secret base I would do it under the Antarctic ice, no question. Do all resupply and communication by submarine routinely, no transmissions from the base. It would be great for doing clandestine research, though I do hope the US gov and others don't take their nukes and germ weapons for a walk there given the overt value to the planet the ice caps represent.

Kairos

If there are cities under the ice I would be surprised because of how and why the ice forms. As long as the magnetic field lines of the Earth keep their axis and are of sufficient strength the poles will be iced over. Perhaps at a time when the poles shifted there would have been a period where it was mildly habitable there. I doubt long enough for any real civilization to establish itself, though I'm guessing. Perhaps ice cap now covers a plate which moved from somewhere more habitable, again I am guessing.

If I were going to build a modern secret base I would do it under the Antarctic ice, no question. Do all resupply and communication by submarine routinely, no transmissions from the base. It would be great for doing clandestine research, though I do hope the US gov and others don't take their nukes and germ weapons for a walk there given the overt value to the planet the ice caps represent.

Their theory is that the crust moved, not that the antarctic was warm at some time when humans were around. You just have to nod your head, dude. You can't argue with them. There is no point. They believe the crust moves around suddenly every few tens of thousands of years.

SensitiveAbility

It has always baffled me how some individuals, can say or say that. My question is this.

1. Why is it so hard not to believe that it is possible that there is something there?

2. We as humans now had to learn how to do things by people from ancient times to fathom that it is not possible is always amazing to me.

History will always change because man scientists ect... will always find new thing's like animals with the Lazareth affect, or ancient humans that date back 50,000 yrs ago, or ancient villages/towns.

Most of the time man/scientists do not like to be proved wrong because it will change history ect.....

So no I don't discount that there could be and was, to be blocked off at the thought is mind boggling because they always finding stuff that was discounted.

Kairos

1. There is no evidence of anything artificial there from before humans evolved.

2. That sentence is not computable.