Is An Ancient City Hidden Under Antarctica?

titorite

Excuse me " Let us make man in our image"
No need to act like that.
Get more file with honey then vinegar.
But guess some ppl are always like that. Sad cause no reason to be like that.
That's harte, he's like that. Don't worry he misquotes stuff himself. Im always correcting him about a john titor posting regarding presidents he routinely misquotes the original entry.

SensitiveAbility

That's harte, he's like that. Don't worry he misquotes stuff himself. Im always correcting him about a john titor posting regarding presidents he routinely misquotes the original entry.

Well thank you and yeah ain't that rich he loves to belittle and correct people when they make an honest mistake but he's done himself I guess with what you just said. Well that's people like that.

Harte

So, your "honest mistake" just happened to support the ignorant position being discussed?
Pardon me for not believing that.
Tell some more lies, and I'll call you out on them as well.

Harte

Kairos

My understanding of the exegesis of that text is that nobody really knows exactly what it means. There are multiple interpretations going back thousands of years in both Christianity and Judaism. I suspect it just means that you have personhood and the capacity to love God. An interesting aspect to the account is that God's image apparently does not include the knowledge of good and evil, so intellect is out as a factor.

You could argue we are literally in his image insomuch as the second person incarnated as a human being.

The actual text is as follows:

26 And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.

27 And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.

There is no "this time".

I have to say, the notion that we literally were made in the likeness of God in the sense that Christ would be incarnate as a human being makes a kind of sense when you consider God is outside of time. Causality doesn't exactly mean the same thing to an agent that interferes from outside time.

Harte

Whether anyone personally believes what the text says is their business.

Purposefully misquoting it simply to support an unevidenced hypothesis is everybody's business.

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster
so let me get this straight in my peanut brain here
the region in question is now and has been covered by a foot or two of glacial ice for a couple days
said ice tends to apply some measure of crushing force on anything under it
said ice is in a constant state of motion
so said ice would tend to grind any and all things under it into dust as it moves out to the calving point of the open sea
so it may be a better question to ask
can we find any of the rubble from a city on the ocean floor ??
but hey that's just me using some simple logic no youtube needed

Karlmarx005

I do not know of any city under Antarctica but there is no evidence of any cities under Antarctica (Antarctica is a barren continent that is cold and mostly covered by ice). However just because there is no evidence of something’s existence that does not mean that something does not exist.

Karlmarx005

Antarctica is not an ideal place for a civilization to exist in because it is cold, mostly covered by ice and is barren. The freezing cold is bad for agriculture and is very harsh.

Kairos

I thought the argument was that the city was built by another species during the period when Antarctica had not drifted down to the southern pole.

TimeFlipper

The Nazis between April 1944 to February 1945, were able to build a huge secret underground bomb proof facility in Thuringa Germany, for production of their Jet Fighter Plane the Me262....This was Hitlers final "Wonder Weapon", he hoped would stop Allied bombing of Germany..
The enormity of the task was even beyond Hitlers belief in such a short space of time....12000 "forced labourers from Italy and Eastern Europe, including 3000 skilled workers were involved in constructing the facility.....Large underground bunkers were also built in German occupied Jersey by forced labourers, only 232 miles away from London UK...

My point is, the Nazis in my humble opinion would have been extremely capable of building a huge under the ice facility in Antarctica....German engineers were incredibly skilled at building tunnels/areas that could withstand huge amounts of weight/pressure upon them, the Me262 facility i mentioned in my first paragraph is a specific example...Another point i wish to make is that below the ice in Antarctica there could be huge areas that contain fixed and liveable temperatures.....For example there is a cave in the Mendips Somerset UK, called the Wookey Hole Caves where a fixed temperature of 11 degrees Centigrade/52 degrees Fahrenheit is maintained for 365 days of the year, every year!!..