Debate Is changing the past possible

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
:notworthy:
Ok I didn't read all the answers, just untill the 4th page, then I was impatient to sat that :D : let's imagine we have found the way to time travel, with the HDR, the STM or any other way, ok? And let's imagine there are other realities ok? If I time travel not in my past but in the past of one of mine parallel Emanuela and I change her past, then I go back in my timeline and I don't see any change. But what if I travel to another timeline, teach my parallel Emanuela to time travel and then say her to come in my past timeline and do the changes I need? It's like an exchange! It's a little more complicated that if exists only one timeline, but I think in that way the problem is still solved. NO?
What do you think about this idea? Do you think it could work?
Well, now we have to put into practice the way to physical time travel.
(y):meow:

This makes sense, until a point.,,

Surely - If you could teach your other self to go your timeline - you could teach yourself to go there . . ?

Edit - Noticed you caught yourself on this one afterwards :D - I'm not a thunder thief :D

emanuela

Surely - If you could teach your other self to go your timeline - you could teach yourself to go there . . ?

Edit - Noticed you caught yourself on this one afterwards :D - I'm not a thunder thief :D[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm not sure I get it :D Your question is how teach my parallel self to come in my timeline? I think this is a detail that shoulb be seen later! The basic idea was : if I can go to another timeline and change the past, why can't someone else (like my parallel selfe) come here from another timeline and change my past? :rolleyes:

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum

Edit - Noticed you caught yourself on this one afterwards :D - I'm not a thunder thief :D

Ok, I'm not sure I get it :D Your question is how teach my parallel self to come in my timeline? I think this is a detail that should be seen later! The basic idea was : if I can go to another timeline and change the past, why can't someone else (like my parallel self) come here from another timeline and change my past? :rolleyes:

yes, I get you :) - but (if) you could teach your alternative self to travel to your timeline, then surely it would make sense to teach yourself instead . .. ?

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Perhaps those who find a way to return to the past have altered their timeline and we don't remember them in this one. I'm not sure if returning to the past as we remember it would be a viable option if it requires our focal point in time to be dependent upon our recall. Much of what we remember has cognitive holes, gaps which our brains fill in with partially accurate information. Asking oneself about a particular incident that happened many years ago will not necessarily yield the same information as we think due to a conglomeration of mental and emotional bias'

neil williams

There seem to be different opinions about this subject. Some people say it's not possible now or never. Others like @Traveler Malaki say that it's possible and they have already done it.

So I want to hear what you think about this and why you think so. So we can all get a definitive answer once and for all about this matter.

@DEATH OMEN @Traveler Malaki @Dragonchaser I'm very intersted in what you guys have to say about this.
I think time is like memory. The past is/are memories that we can access and explore, so I do think we can travel back into our own timelines, but should we really change what has come before? If we change the past, then what would happen to our memories? Would they change? Would we change? I wrote a short novel (Closure: a necessary evil) exploring these kind of questions not so long ago. In the book, time travel is possible, but is being abused for financial gain. Illegal time-travellers working for a criminal network go back in time to witness previously unsolved murders that are then sold at auction to collectors in the future. However, the more they go back, the more the timeline is damaged. Like the timeline, the main character's own memories become broken, altered and lost. So, I do think we can change the past, but it would be extremely dangerous to do so. Just a theory.

Angelhoney

There seem to be different opinions about this subject. Some people say it's not possible now or never. Others like @Traveler Malaki say that it's possible and they have already done it.

So I want to hear what you think about this and why you think so. So we can all get a definitive answer once and for all about this matter.

@DEATH OMEN @Traveler Malaki @Dragonchaser I'm very intersted in what you guys have to say about this.
I think time is like memory. The past is/are memories that we can access and explore, so I do think we can travel back into our own timelines, but should we really change what has come before? If we change the past, then what would happen to our memories? Would they change? Would we change? I wrote a short novel (Closure: a necessary evil) exploring these kind of questions not so long ago. In the book, time travel is possible, but is being abused for financial gain. Illegal time-travellers working for a criminal network go back in time to witness previously unsolved murders that are then sold at auction to collectors in the future. However, the more they go back, the more the timeline is damaged. Like the timeline, the main character's own memories become broken, altered and lost. So, I do think we can change the past, but it would be extremely dangerous to do so. Just a theory.
That's intersting! I think changing one thing won't make so much damage to memories. BUt we don't know if it's even possible.

mariya94

I agree, changing one thing does not mean that the timeline will be damaged. If its for the better, then why would the timeline be damaged? For instance, if a person that has treated people badly were to go back with the intent of treating them nicer, then things would be better for them in the long run. That person will have a better future and will have better memories as a result. They are essentially fixing the past. As for time travel to the direct past, I believe it is possible. I believe that through astral possession, you can go to your direct past. This is a non-dangerous way of changing the past, so the timeline won't be damaged.

Angelhoney

I agree, changing one thing does not mean that the timeline will be damaged. If its for the better, then why would the timeline be damaged? For instance, if a person that has treated people badly were to go back with the intent of treating them nicer, then things would be better for them in the long run. That person will have a better future and will have better memories as a result. They are essentially fixing the past. As for time travel to the direct past, I believe it is possible. I believe that through astral possession, you can go to your direct past. This is a non-dangerous way of changing the past, so the timeline won't be damaged.
Do you know someone who changed the past with astral possession?