Debate Is changing the past possible

neil williams

This makes sense, until a point.,,

Surely - If you could teach your other self to go your timeline - you could teach yourself to go there . . ?

Edit - Noticed you caught yourself on this one afterwards :D - I'm not a thunder thief :D

Ok, I'm not sure I get it :D Your question is how teach my parallel self to come in my timeline? I think this is a detail that should be seen later! The basic idea was : if I can go to another timeline and change the past, why can't someone else (like my parallel self) come here from another timeline and change my past? :rolleyes:

yes, I get you :) - but (if) you could teach your alternative self to travel to your timeline, then surely it would make sense to teach yourself instead . .. ?

Hmm...I guess yes? I think if one day another Emanuela will come here and pray me to help her I think I will accept!

Anyway, I wonder, if someone else come back in my past and warn me to don't do some things, what happens to me now in 2016? I will find myself in 2013 in the blink of an eye? And I won't know anything about three years later? Will I relive my life since 2013? I think will happen this! Because we don't know if other people changed the past much times and we restart and restart again from a point of our life many times, and we don't notice this! And until nobody interfers with our life, our story will go as it has to go, but if someone interfers with us, our future will change. So I think we can interfers intentionally and change what we want to change, because it's our claim to choose what change and what not change, even if we have ever known the past is past. Otherwise I don't know how to explain why some things that I felt to happen, then they happened.
Warn me if I explained or if I have to rewrite better :notworthy:
I think the big question should be, if we can go back and change the past, should we? I wrote a short ebook about this very topic that I'd be happy to provide the link for if anyone fancies reading it? It's a thriller about an illegal time traveller who is trying to get his hands on the 'date' his wife was murdered, but to do so, must work for a criminal network that sends him back in time to witness murders taking place. Should he just watch, or should he change events? If he does, will it change or destroy the future? It also explores memory and how time travel echoes the main character's state of mind. I love the theory that the past keeps changing and we restart over and over again, but are unaware it is taking place. That's fascinating.

emanuela

@neil williams I'd like to read it, it may be helpful! Anyway, I think your ideas are just for your thriller, but I really don't see why change something in the past would be so dangerous and destructive. Rather, changes people in this forum would make this world a better place :)

emanuela

Maybe change history would be dangerous, for example go back in the WW2 and kill Roosvelt would be destructive.

neil williams

I agree, the changes people on the forum want to make are for the better and not the worse. It's just a grey area if the intended outcome would happen the way we planned. I also agree that some of my ideas are just for the thriller, but it does raise some interesting questions about the dangers of messing with history. In the story, the character must repair a mistake his very presence has created and put history back how it was, in order to continue his journey. Only he must do a bad thing in order to do the right thing in the end, if that makes any sense? Anyhow, here's a link to the book and the FB page if anyone fancies a read. Thanks all.

Closure: A Necessary Evil (A Novella): A dark and action-packed 'time travel' thriller with killer twists eBook: Neil Williams: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

www.facebook.com/closure.ebook

CrazyChanges

I think it depends on how careful you are while making the change. It would be a good idea to check on the following years - before returning to the present - to make sure everything is fine.

HDRKID

I have said this before, but I will say it again. I was told this by a russian guy. Basically, if you use the HDR to change an event the law of karma kicks in. For example, if you go back and save your mom. Well, you will lose something that is valuable to you. Like you will lose your job or your house will burn up.

OK so using my HDR I saw my mom die in an accident on a wet road, so I told her not to go out that day because her brakes on her red car were bad and it was raining. A few days later, my mom was driving my green car. It did not have bad brakes, but she hit a man driving the wrong way. Sadly, my car was totaled and both of us ended up in a hospital, but she did not pass away.

Another instance was seeing in the future my house burn down, so I bought a smoke alarm, that woke me up around 3 AM in morning. The toaster caught fire, but I put it out and a few days later, I lost my job, so the law of karma does kick in.

Please be sure that what changes you make are necessary. Do not make trivial changes as there is a high price.

Angelhoney

I have said this before, but I will say it again. I was told this by a russian guy. Basically, if you use the HDR to change an event the law of karma kicks in. For example, if you go back and save your mom. Well, you will lose something that is valuable to you. Like you will lose your job or your house will burn up.

OK so using my HDR I saw my mom die in an accident on a wet road, so I told her not to go out that day because her brakes on her red car were bad and it was raining. A few days later, my mom was driving my green car. It did not have bad brakes, but she hit a man driving the wrong way. Sadly, my car was totaled and both of us ended up in a hospital, but she did not pass away.

Another instance was seeing in the future my house burn down, so I bought a smoke alarm, that woke me up around 3 AM in morning. The toaster caught fire, but I put it out and a few days later, I lost my job, so the law of karma does kick in.

Please be sure that what changes you make are necessary. Do not make trivial changes as there is a high price.
That is basically what Malaki said as well. He said if you change the past, something bad will happen instead.
You are using the HDR to prevent events from happening, but can it be used to change events that have aldready happened?

Into the Mystic

That is basically what Malaki said as well. He said if you change the past, something bad will happen instead.
You are using the HDR to prevent events from happening, but can it be used to change events that have aldready happened?

I don't plan on using the HDR; I want to do the meditation route.

I want to go back in time to basically salvage my life: do better in my exams, stay with my ex, etc. Would doing this mean karma would hit, although I'm doing nothing in the grand scheme of things? It's been a worry of mine for some time.