Is organized religion bad?

CarpeNemo

I have to make mention that the Catholic church has killed several million people in the name of their religion.

The proof is in the history books. Look up the Inquisition and the Merovingian Crusade. Not to mention the Crusades, the witch trials (which weren't all Catholic, but the point remains the same) and the general iron fist that the Catholics used to rule Europe for so long. The Dark Ages didn't come about of itself.

I'm not anti-religion but I can't understand or relate to a religion that will murder millions of people - Christian and non-Christian alike.

The Catholic Church seems to have a low tolerence for anyone outside of their "fold", so to speak and if you were, well, just be prepared to take what was being dished out in methods of belief modification. Being neither Catholic or Muslim, we here in the South have a low tolerence for anyone that isn't. (Old Southern humor)

Spiral

I honestly find organised religion scary. Take a step back from it for a moment, imagine the Catholic Church, or Jewish Synagogue, or any equivalent. See the rows of fully grown, well-minded adults, chanting words together as if it were some kind of occult ritual. The whole thing is like a cult. It's scary.

elohssa

I honestly find organised religion scary. Take a step back from it for a moment, imagine the Catholic Church, or Jewish Synagogue, or any equivalent. See the rows of fully grown, well-minded adults, chanting words together as if it were some kind of occult ritual. The whole thing is like a cult. It's scary.

if your not now you soon will be the world is a changin quick,fast.in a hurry like

kcwildman

Beastmaster
oh dont get me started! Again..lol....There is ONE GOD..we just have different versions..yeah?

why not I haven't seen a good rant in a while go gonzo go. but you are rite there is one GOD and he's my daddy ha ha ha nanny nanny boo boo...... yeh ... its realy me

CarpeNemo

I simply maintain that any religion that has to kill millions of people who don't agree in order to survive, has a lot to hide.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I simply maintain that any religion that has to kill millions of people who don't agree in order to survive, has a lot to hide.

they use to but now with all the hate laws and such you can go to jail for a word. and soon we will all be forced to take the Identity mark or die:eek: or in simpler terms convert to Islam or off with your heads. you see in Islam there are two worlds (the faithfull) and (war). but back to point yes it's schetchy at best and very bad at worst J.M.H.O.:D

gonzogirl

How can so many different religions..say that their path is the only way? Heaven and hell are made up anyway..so a path to what? I think being the best you can be just helps your "soul" after the body dies. Good energy I guess. I know kcwildman....what you mean about Islam..but dont forget about the Catholics in the early days.....I would have been killed right away with my attitude about the whole thing...Or in America during the whole witch deal. I would have been a witch..lol.......okie dokie...

CarpeNemo

I wasn't talking about Islam, I was talking about the Catholics and all their many crusades, like the Albigensian Crusade, and the oh-so-famous Inquisition.