John Titor

maoru

John Titor

[font=ARIAL,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]<a href=\'http://www.spearweasel.com/rpg/twheel/darkfutr.htm\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.spearweasel.com/rpg/twheel/darkfutr.htm</a>

Does this prove a haox? Some will disagree I\'m sure. But the elaborate story was based on a role playing game (not computer game), written in 1996. There are very many close similarities.
[/font]

StarLord

Re: John Titor

I think this, Spearweasel, was covered long ago regarding titor. They sure go into depth on their stories dont they? No skimping there in any sense of a few million words.

Kind of reminds me of Alexander Dumas, he would go off on a tangent and on and on and on and on. One of the problems of being a opium eater.

ZeoEmeraude

Attention TTF members!

Has anyone seen any monkeyboys lately? If you see one of these rare, but funny individuals you should look for thier obvious traits. They include:

1. Banana peels scattered throughout thier posts. (try not to slip on em)[/color]
2. Speeling errors. They are frequent and can sound as if they speak a form of Mayan dialect that has been long forgotten.
3. Knowledge of the Amazon River Basin.
4. Abmormal theories regarding the relative use of a clock.
5. A deep fascination for role models such as: Napolean Dynamite, J.J from Good Times, Darth Vader, and William Shatner
6. Pocket Protectors
7. Vast knowledge of anthing relating to the following programs: Star Wars, Star Trek, Xena, and the quotes of the comic book guy from the Simpsons.
8. Head sized hamburgers.
9. The name J.T
10. And last but not least, make believe friends who will one day claim to rule the Klingon home world.

A humor post from your TTF Super Saian: Zeo

CaryP

LMAO Zeo! TTF top 10 list. Nope, no monkeyboys sighted. As for Spearweasel's role playing game as evidence that Titor was a fabrication or plaguarism of the game, I don't think so. Sure it's possible, but even if Titor was a complete hoax, much of what he spoke of in 2000 and 2001 has an eery feel of reality to it today. Things are progressing a little slower, IMO, than what Titor said would happen. That could be explained by the news being sanitized, so we don't see the possible "Waco type events" that are going on over the last year. We damn sure don't get the truth about what's going on in Iraq or Afghanistan, not to mention God knows what else. Jury's still out IMO. I don't really care if Titor was a hoax or not. What drew me to the story was what he was saying in 2000 and 2001 that was not apparent until after 9/11. Developments in 2003 through the present only add to the validity of Titor's predictions. Although the science and technology of his TT claims has been roughed up pretty badly. So TT or not, I pay attention to what's unfolding in light of what Titor said would happen.

Cary

P.S. BTW welcome to the plantation maoru. Glad to see you here.

magicfriend

Dan Rather's last night as anchor of the CBS news tonight. 60 minutes did a lovely piece covering all the stories exposing gov't plots. Left you with a feeling that he was not leaving of his own volition. Thought this applied to the last comment, but I don't have it in front of me as I am in the typing window. :p

magicfriend

oh yes, the sanitizing of the news, by Cary. Maybe next time I will quote, I just feel that ties up a lot of thread space . Although, quoting does help keep your thoughts better organized. :grin:

Darkwing

It's easy to spot a hoax,

1: If you were a TT, would you post in a forum on internet? The first TT will probably come from some highly secret military project, so he'll probably not expose himself on some public forum. If the TT will expose himself he would probably tell someone he is close to in this time, someone he can trust.

2: The most important thing I noticed with these TT's, they all seem to know too much. Like every question you ask them they can answer no matter how weird. Like who was the winner of euro 2004 or what was the weather back in 1979.........I mean, I am no TT and even I who live in 2005 can't tell you who won euro 2004 or even what the weather was. If it really is a TT most questions you ask him will probably be answered with: I don't know.......

R.D.

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwing\")</div>
It's easy to spot a hoax,

1: If you were a TT, would you post in a forum on internet? The first TT will probably come from some highly secret military project, so he'll probably not expose himself on some public forum. If the TT will expose himself he would probably tell someone he is close to in this time, someone he can trust.

2: The most important thing I noticed with these TT's, they all seem to know too much. Like every question you ask them they can answer no matter how weird. Like who was the winner of euro 2004 or what was the weather back in 1979.........I mean, I am no TT and even I who live in 2005 can't tell you who won euro 2004 or even what the weather was. If it really is a TT most questions you ask him will probably be answered with: I don't know.......

R.D.[/b]

Let me play devil?s advocate with you Darkwing. Since this thread is about John Titor, I?ll reply from that perspective.

1. If you were a TT, you might well post on the net. Someone from the future could easily be equipped with technology or skills to keep their location hidden. So long as you didn?t post any near term future events without too much detail, you wouldn?t draw much attention from ?the authorities.? Yes, the first TT will probably come from a top secret military project. Titor did not claim to be the first TT. The only people that Titor said he ?exposed? himself to were his parents. The person that Titor was closest to on the net was PamelaM (a member here), and he gave her some confidential info that could be used to identify him at a later date. Don?t pester her for this info (that's for everyone, not you specifically Darkwing). She?s been hounded before and hasn?t given it up. I respect that. Care to add anything Pamela?

2. Titor specifically said there?s no way he could remember the outcomes of all sporting events and pointed out that the average person would be hard pressed to do the same. He basically thought that people?s interest in the winners of sporting events in the future and stock tips was superficial (my word) and typical of this time. Titor also said the same thing about the weather (his past / our future), that it was trivial and that the average person couldn?t remember weather from the past. Anyone claiming to know all future outcomes with 100% accuracy would raise the hoax flag for me.

Cary

P.S. magicfriend, in order to avoid the frustration of double posting you can do one of the following. 1) Use the edit button on your original post to make additions or changes. 2) You can scroll ?up? from the Quick Reply window to see what?s been posted on that page of the thread. Scroll ?down? from the Advanced Mode window to see what?s been posted on that page of the thread. Just trying to help.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwing\")</div>

R.D.[/b]

I don't know,....... but you could be right.

arschleben02

OK guys still have some doubts about this hoax...well let me say a couple of things, maybe it will make you think a little bit different...

1. If Titor was who he claimed he was...why he did not offer any real proof...like for example, if I recalll he was living during the "atomic" WWIII, ok....let us supposed he later drink some contaminated water or was exposed some how to any other radioactive zone or material, why he did not send any blood samples or any pieces of fabric of his uniform or other personal related items which he brought with him.

2. If he wanted really to proof his autenticity, he did not have to say any future predictions related to our tie he just could send some metal samples of the car he used to travel with the device...or samples of the tires, or give a real scan of the supposed manual of the device...do you guys do not find a little funny, that such traveler do not have further and more concise information about the device?...what if the device is damaged? he might want to repair it in order to go back to his "timeline"....well where is that troubleshooting guied in his manual? why he does not show any tools to repair it?...why he did not include any furhter material, if he was "showing it self" why not to do it in a "full monty" way..since he said "it will change about 2.5%"...does still believe travel to 1975 just for a computer? why not an abbacus?....It was easier and less "dramatic" to "stole" the constuction manual of the 5100 also why not inliftrate the IBM company in prior to that year and get more acquainted with the system and later just get the right thing and go back?

and the last one:

3. If he traveled back to 1975, and then to 2001, and then back to 1975, and then to 2036.....do you guys still believe he did not brought with him some "souvenirs" for further used..let us say..some fresh water or some clone technology related books so they can improve their health and make healthy babys again?...since if in 2036 they invented the machine..I guess other health related technologies are developed, or they only used all their brain efforts on sending back somebody to get just a machine to decode UNIX...why not bring deep blue type computer?....it is really hard to believe that a "post-atomic world" faces only a computer problem..and also that world have an extraordinary internet capacity....if that is the future approaching us...well let us say that we are going to be ruled by not so capable people.
PS: If Titor really was who he claimed, why he did not show any remorse and try to save his family?