John Titor

magicfriend

Re: John Titor

Cary: Thanks, I must have been very tired last night not to realize I just had to scroll :)).

Ars: I think someone said that not matter what proof JT offerred there would be someone to refute it. I guess we have what we have and there is not that much we could do either way, if he was real, or not.

I think that the reason he did go to give his family the message was perhaps because his grandfather was not on speaking terms with his Mom, or grandad knew she wouldn't believe him.

One thing I can't remember, did JT say if he remembered himself coming to visit when he was young? Because it would change things for him in this timeline as he did so here, but not there. And also the fact that he is known here..was he known in his timeline during this time period? That could create a huge divergence.

BubbuClinton

arsch said:
If he wanted really to proof his autenticity, he did not have to say any future predictions related to our tie he just could send some metal samples of the car he used to travel with the device...or samples of the tires, or give a real scan of the supposed manual of the device...do you guys do not find a little funny, that such traveler do not have further and more concise information about the device?...what if the device is damaged?

You are assuming that he cared about proving himself. If JT really could only visit us from alternative time lines and not his own, he would not have any reason to prove himself to us.

If I were a time traveler, and I admit I slip back in time sometimes, and I could only go back to alternative time lines, I don't think I would care if anybody believed a word I said. What would it do for me? There is nothing in this time line that I could affect to change anything in my own line. So why should I care if you believed me.

The only thing that would even interest me here is to see what happened in past event or to see what could have happened if other decisions were made. This would help me make new decisions in my future. The only people that would interest me here would be close friends and family, if I thought I could warn or help them with my knowledge. However, in another line they didn't get my help anyway. So only my basic humanity would urge me to help them here. I probably would not communicate with people in this time at all on the net unless I was some sort of Chat junkie already in the future. Then it would interest me to see the true attidues of our time lines. JT said everybody hated our generation in his time anyway. The way things are going I can't say I blame them.

The laws of quantum dynamics state that all possible out comes exist in some time line for all events. Or something close to that. So I could research what happened and the "big what IF", but that would be about I could do here, other than get hurt myself by the violent natives.

One interesting point is that if JT is real, you can take things from this time line to another. So I guess it could be profitable to be time theif. However, you could not steal unique items like paintings, unless . . . the orignals had been destroyed in your time line. So you could go back and steal Divinci stuff, religious artifacts, etc ... Maybe that is what happened to the Ark of the Covenant. Damn time thieves.

Perhaps, JT was nothing more that a time theif. Why else would he come here?

Just my 2 cents.

Bubbu

StarLord

Don't forget, part of his Sthick was repeatedly letting you know that he could care less if you believed him.

PSY101

One thing that has been bugging me for a while now is how did JT "acquire" an IBM 5100? From what I have read, he says that he was a relative of one of the workers there and that he was chosen for this mission because of that.

Anyway, the part that bugs me is wouldn't IBM keep logs of every computer they had in stock by their serial numbers and if any were sold or given away, that they too would be logged?

Just looking for your thoughts...

Darkwing

Ok my thoughts, JT says:

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

So the war ends in 2015, he came from 2036 and he said he was not the first TT.
So lets assume they invented the time travel machine in ehmm 2034?? that seems reasonable.

So 19 years after an all devastating nuclear war we invent a time machine.........that is very hard to believe IMHO.

After WWII it took the Netherlands 7 years to rebuild and get back on their feet, and we only had like 3 or 4 big cities bombed.

So lets imagine the damage after a nuclear blast, probably more devastating than the ones who fell in japan in WWII. Not only a few cities get destroyed but lots of them I think it will take a hell of a lot longer to rebuild and get back on their feet again then those 19 years.

Unless they decide not to rebuild and leave half of the USA perish and look after themselves. The only reason I can think of why they want to do this is to work on a time machine, and use it to prevent this disaster from happening.

So we got some problems then, they know they can't prevent it because if they change things in the past there will probably be a different timeline in which the war didn't happen so nothing changed for their (our) timeline.

Even if it would stop the war from happening, why sent JT? They must know by then that one guy can't make the US and RUSS gov. from making mistakes, they would have to sent an army of TT, and I don't mean like 100 TT, I mean an army armed to the teeth.

So my opinion is that JT story seems a bit dodgy and highly unlikely.

just my 2 cents.

R.D.

BubbuClinton

Darkwing Said:
So we got some problems then, they know they can't prevent it because if they change things in the past there will probably be a different timeline in which the war didn't happen so nothing changed for their (our) timeline.

Even if it would stop the war from happening, why sent JT? They must know by then that one guy can't make the US and RUSS gov. from making mistakes, they would have to sent an army of TT, and I don't mean like 100 TT, I mean an army armed to the teeth.

I don't believe TT said anything about stopping the war. He said he couldn't change anything on this timeline that would affect his time line. Therefore, he really didn't care what happened here.

He came back to get the computer because he wanted to fix something in his present day timeline. Appearantly, his computers have a year 2036 issue like we allegedly had a Y2k. problem which is inherent to the UNIX based computers. He also said that GE invented his version of the time machine and that it was commercial. GE research is Global. GE has moved a large part of its manufacturing to Asia and India. So the US going down would not prohibit GE from inventing anything. It may stop the production of Cars in Detroit for a while. However, GE is a monster and owns about everything except Wal-Mart (which owns everything else).

I don't think he addressed rebuilding cities, other than they restructured the Gov. into 5 districts or something. They were pretty happy when the Cities got nuked.

I don't think I buy the whole JT story. However, who ever posted was insightful to what was really going on. But, if you are going to try to debunk it, try and keep the story and physics straight. Attack his version of quantum physics or something.

Bubbu

StarLord

titor interestingly enough did not arrive to his time line when he came here the first time, and if you believe in the tale, due to the golden 2. something percent divergence clause proffered in the science end of time travel, would never return to his own time line when he was finally done.

So, the question remains, whose time line did he fix? It certainly wasn't ours.

BubbuClinton

StarLord said:

due to the golden 2. something percent divergence clause proffered in the science end of time travel, would never return to his own time line when he was finally done

So, I guess becoming a Time Theif really doesn't pay?

Bubbu

StarLord

Sure it does Bubbu, problem is, you may never get quite the price you expect when you try to fence the stuff and chances are you might never arrive home to enjoy the spoils of your tempus purloined efforts.....

One might get richer selling Kool Aid for 25 Cents and charging a buck for the cup and ice.

XDrFirefly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwing\")</div>
Ok my thoughts, JT says:
So 19 years after an all devastating nuclear war we invent a time machine.........that is very hard to believe IMHO.
Here is what my theory is the Time Machine was a mistake. They were tring to make some weapon and a time machine came of it. The backwards version of what happened with Atomic Power.

One person can't make a difference?
Tiananmen%20Square%202.jpg

R.D.[/b]

Also, what if some scienctist did believe they could effect their time line, and thought what would it hurt.

Anyways guys. I'm a John Titor beleiver. Even if none of this happen. I'd glad someone showed us the bright points of a possible bleak future.

Dr FF